Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

My Experience with Ford

Search this Thread

Old 10/15/15, 07:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry My Experience with Ford - Water Hose/Pump

I have a 2013 Mustang that only has around 27,XXX miles. I was at the Ford dealership a week to go to get an oil change - all was well. About 4 days later, I go back to get a bezel replaced - paint was peeling off (ordered the part under warranty during my maintance). Apparently, after 3 hours of wait, they did not receive the right part. They gave my car back, a small apology.

Two hours after driving my car, my temperature gauge hit max. I had to pull over and call AAA. Water was leaking everywhere. Apparently, a hose broke? This is what Ford told me. The unfortunate thing is that it'll take another 2 weeks for the part to get released, and another 3-10 days for the part to arrive.

My car is still covered under warranty, but the dealer/Ford won't offer a loaner, despite the part being under "recall". It's been difficult getting a hold of corporate. They promised to call today after calling them twice and not being able to help - forwarded then cut off.

How would you go about it? This is my first car and I'm starting to regret having going with Ford for the awful service. Any advice? I just think its unfair to not even get a bit of customer service.

UPDATE (11/09/15): It took about a week to get my rental car. They gave me a Kia Soul from Enterprise.

I connected Ford again via Twitter to escalate my case. Our CSM called, but he can't really do anything because communication with my dealership is pretty bad. We were told that the part should be released on the 26th. Friday, they told us it will be out today (9th). Now, they called saying they'll start search nationwide for the part (and call me by Thursday). A bit frustrating. At first, they said it was just a small issue, but I guess the dealership won't even tell us what's wrong. The CSM said he's still trying to contact the dealer to get the specific part number that is broken.

I dropped off my 2013 Mustang with 27,000 at my local Ford dealership on the 12th of October. It's way too frustrating.

Last edited by svent18; 11/9/15 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Better title
Old 10/15/15, 08:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

Well, first off, there are other dealerships, perhaps you might have the car taken there, or at least pass the information and request by them? You might have to get the car towed to the other dealer though.

Second, there is a person here called Deysha. She goes by the handle 'FordService': https://themustangsource.com/forums/...ervice-111098/

She does a good job of being a liaison between Ford, the Dealer and you. Give her a PM and see if she might can help you out. She's good people, and she'll do her best for ya.

Understand, though, that this is not atypical of dealerships and manufacturers. They sometimes have parts shortages, especially during a big recall, and if they had loaners for everyone... well, that's a lot of cars.

I'm not sure what you mean by recall, though, because there's no recall on the 2013 Mustang that has to do with hoses or a bezel... Perhaps I need a bit of schooling on that.

Anyway, hopefully Deysha can get ya figured out. Again, welcome aboard!
Old 10/15/15, 10:24 PM

I really appreciate your input, sir.

The dealership was claiming it was a recall part, but no where on the registry look up does it say so. I typed in my VIN and nothing. I just feel like they are trying to swindle me. I will call a different dealership to see if they have a part.

I guess they lied. No recall, except for the air bag, which they never even told me about.

As for customer relations, we've been trying to get a hold of corporate. No luck. I really appreciate your response. Thank you, sir!

Last edited by svent18; 10/15/15 at 10:48 PM.
Old 10/16/15, 08:40 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by svent18
I have a 2013 Mustang that only has around 27,XXX miles. I was at the Ford dealership a week to go to get an oil change - all was well. About 4 days later, I go back to get a bezel replaced - paint was peeling off (ordered the part under warranty during my maintance). Apparently, after 3 hours of wait, they did not receive the right part. They gave my car back, a small apology. ...
Hello svent18,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for the PM. Will you please also send me your VIN, dealer, full name, and best daytime number?

Originally Posted by houtex
Welcome to the forums!
Well, first off, there are other dealerships, perhaps you might have the car taken there, or at least pass the information and request by them? You might have to get the car towed to the other dealer though.

Second, there is a person here called Deysha. She goes by the handle 'FordService': https://themustangsource.com/forums/...ervice-111098/

She does a good job of being a liaison between Ford, the Dealer and you. Give her a PM and see if she might can help you out. She's good people, and she'll do her best for ya. ...
Thanks for the support, houtex!!

Deysha
Old 10/16/15, 08:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

But of course, ma'am!

You're in good hands now, svent18.
Old 11/8/15, 04:54 PM

Exclamation Thanks!

Originally Posted by FordService
Hello svent18,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for the PM. Will you please also send me your VIN, dealer, full name, and best daytime number?

Thanks for the support, houtex!!

Deysha
Hey Deysha,

Fortunately, I've been chatting with Ford Service on Twitter. They've been a bit helpful. I left my car at the Ford dealership on the 12th of October. It's still in the shop. The part is supposed to be released tomorrow, which is the 9th of November.

What should I do if it takes more than a month? I think it's just a bit too long for a water pump replacement. Also, we finally got my rental car last week. It took forever to get as Ford corporate was difficult to get a hold of.

I do apologize for my late reply. I was knee deep in midterm exams.
Old 11/9/15, 06:43 AM

Hey Deysha,

Fortunately, I've been chatting with Ford Service on Twitter. They've been a bit helpful. I left my car at the Ford dealership on the 12th of October. It's still in the shop. The part is supposed to be released tomorrow, which is the 9th of November.

What should I do if it takes more than a month? I think it's just a bit too long for a water pump replacement. Also, we finally got my rental car last week. It took forever to get as Ford corporate was difficult to get a hold of.

I do apologize for my late reply. I was knee deep in midterm exams.
Oh, I understand the delay with my 200 daily PMs, svent18. LOL! At this point, your CSM will be in the best position to advise on any next steps. Let your Twitter contact if you need them to get a hold of your CSM for you.

Deysha
Old 11/9/15, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by FordService
Oh, I understand the delay with my 200 daily PMs, svent18. LOL! At this point, your CSM will be in the best position to advise on any next steps. Let your Twitter contact if you need them to get a hold of your CSM for you.

Deysha
Thank you, Deysha. I really do appreciate it. I'm just flustered as to how it takes a month to get one small part. No real apologizes either. The frustration is real.
Old 11/10/15, 07:40 AM

Thank you, Deysha. I really do appreciate it. I'm just flustered as to how it takes a month to get one small part. No real apologizes either. The frustration is real.
It's no problem, svent18!

Deysha
Old 11/11/15, 09:18 PM

So tomorrow will be the 30th day without having my Mustang. That's essentially 1/12 of the year that my car has been in the dealership. What should I do? Will they compensate for the missing time? No way the country doesn't have a freaking water pump.
Old 11/11/15, 09:30 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 592 Likes on 425 Posts
I'd tell them to make the payments on it since you can't use it.
Old 11/11/15, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I'd tell them to make the payments on it since you can't use it.
Haha, I like that idea. Or just give me the same ****/buy it back. It's just insane as to how long I have to wait. A week sounds totally reasonable. Two weeks, yeah, that's fine too. A month is too long.
Old 11/18/15, 10:07 AM

UPDATE: I hope this doesn't count as double post, but I want you guys to know about how bad the service is.

I called our CSM. Water pump ETA is unknown even though he kept telling us it'll be out shorty. It was 26th of October, then 9th of November, 12th of November, and now he said he doesn't know. It might take 2 months to get my car back. TWO MONTHS.

He was rude and unwelcoming. I am so done with Ford. As much as I LOVED my car and took really good care of it, I will not buy any Ford products. I will make sure none of my friends will make the same mistake as I as service is just appalling. As beautiful as their cars are, their service is the Walmart of cars.
Old 11/18/15, 01:03 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
dont judge ford by the dealership, i learned from my past experiences... i had several nightmare with dealership before when i owned f150 , then after several fails i landed up with dealership who i am now working with for past 4 years. it has been spot on and i now purchased two new vehicles through them too... this is just my opinion from my experience. next time try out different dealerships.
Old 11/18/15, 05:51 PM

Does it seem right to anyone here that a water pump for a 2013 Mustang is not immediately available? This should have been a one day item and no more than a two day turn around. Is this really possible to take a month for a water pump? I just don't buy this, 2 weeks to "get the part released" (whatever that means) and 3 to 10 days for shipping! Is it coming from England?

Sounds to me like a totally incompetent dealership. Someone needs to help this guy out. My brother many years back blew a supercharged '97 Cobra and he had a replacement motor under warranty with the supercharger and all swapped over and running in less time than this guy got a water pump.
Old 11/18/15, 07:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Since I can't seem to find what model of 2013 it is... here:

GT water pump for a '13 5.0

Water Pump for '13 V6.

Water Pump for a '13 GT500 Water Pump for a '13 GT500

Intercooler water pump for a '13 GT500

Somethings very very wrong with the dealership/Ford if they can't even get these things.

I might be considering a lawyer at this point, to be honest. It's a freaking *WATER PUMP*. Dealership and/or Ford need to pay for the lost use of the car, and not talkin' car rental fees either.

Last edited by houtex; 11/18/15 at 07:33 PM.
Old 11/18/15, 07:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree. Why not just get it from like Rock auto or something? It would be there in a day or two.

It's like my replacement hood for my 2013, I have been waiting since July for the **** thing. There has to be quite a few s197 that needed there hoods replaced due to collisions in the past 4 months are they still waiting on hoods to?

OP has every right to be fed up. It's ridiculous.
Old 11/18/15, 07:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Re: Hoods... yeah, well, sure when there's that many people wanting good ones, there's never going to not be a run. Ford can't do aluminum to save their behind parts, so why even put another OEM on there?

Best to tell them to offer to pay for a replacement from Cervini or such and get a different hood so you can get it done. OEM's nice... but not at the expense or worry in this case.
Old 11/19/15, 07:36 AM

UPDATE: I hope this doesn't count as double post, but I want you guys to know about how bad the service is.

I called our CSM. Water pump ETA is unknown even though he kept telling us it'll be out shorty. It was 26th of October, then 9th of November, 12th of November, and now he said he doesn't know. It might take 2 months to get my car back. TWO MONTHS.

He was rude and unwelcoming. I am so done with Ford. As much as I LOVED my car and took really good care of it, I will not buy any Ford products. I will make sure none of my friends will make the same mistake as I as service is just appalling. As beautiful as their cars are, their service is the Walmart of cars.
Be sure to let your Twitter contact know this as well, svent18.

Deysha