Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

My 2014 lemon of a GT

Search this Thread

Old 8/9/13, 06:11 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 2014 lemon of a GT

What's up, guys. I have a '14 GT that has 2k miles and lots of problems and I've just about had my share of this gem.

I've had 3 seperate issues with it already; the third issue has been brought back 3 times for the same problem. I'm having a problem with clunky steering during slight turns at low speed. I've brought it in three times and have been told it was "fixed" three times. I've duplicated it for them and they admit it's malfunctioning only to give it back saying they fixed it and can not duplicate it.

It's outrageous I've had this many problems in 2,000 miles.

I don't even want to look at it any more. It is nothing but a problem waiting to happen.

Deysha- this is what they consider fixed:

Old 8/9/13, 06:29 PM
V6 Member

Does your state have a lemon law?
Old 8/9/13, 07:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mikeship911
+1

After 3 times, you have the right (in most states with a Lemon Law) to have the car returned. I would research it - we had to use it years ago here in Florida on a Mazda 939 that was a lemon from the day it was driven off the lot.
Old 8/9/13, 08:34 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 111 Likes on 101 Posts
Agree with lemon law. Hope it exists where you live. Any opportunity to bring it to another dealer?
Old 8/9/13, 08:48 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Lemon law is for cars that have major issues. Not a sound you do not like. Major means it stops you from using the car. A machine will make sounds. A large steering system like the mustangs will make sound when you are not moving.

A clunk at low speeds doesn't sound like its stopping you from buying tampons at the market.
Old 8/9/13, 09:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Have you tried contacting Deysha to get It remedied?
Old 8/9/13, 09:52 PM
GT Member

Thanks guys. I'll look into it.

Last edited by wilson68944; 8/9/13 at 09:54 PM.
Old 8/9/13, 09:53 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang
Lemon law is for cars that have major issues. Not a sound you do not like. Major means it stops you from using the car. A machine will make sounds. A large steering system like the mustangs will make sound when you are not moving.

A clunk at low speeds doesn't sound like its stopping you from buying tampons at the market.
Listen, guy, are you serious or just trying to get on my last nerve? I just spent 30k in cash for this hunk of sh*t and had 3 problems with it in 2,000mi and you're telling me that I'm being a pu$$y. I see you like to brag about buying mustangs every year. Good for you. I can't. I'd like the one I bought to work solidly for a couple years. If you think that is normal you just lost all credibility.
Old 8/9/13, 09:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wilson68944
Listen, guy, are you serious or just trying to get on my last nerve? I just spent 30k in cash for this hunk of sh*t and had 3 problems with it in 2,000mi and you're telling me that I'm being a pu$$y. I see you like to brag about buying mustangs every year. Good for you. I can't. I'd like the one I bought to work solidly for a couple years. If you think that is normal you just lost all credibility.
What state do you live in?
Old 8/9/13, 10:19 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by ColSaulTigh
What state do you live in?
I live in Pennsylvania.
Old 8/9/13, 10:25 PM
GT Member

Just out of curiosity, what are the other two problems you had with the car?
Old 8/9/13, 10:43 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 67Drewstang
Just out of curiosity, what are the other two problems you had with the car?
I brought it in for an issue with the AC compressor. Second, reverse lights not properly working. They would not come on every time. Third, the steering. I also brought it in for a clunky trans but that was deemed normal and I accept that.

I'm not saying it's as bad as some of the poor guys had it who had trans problems in '11, but still, clunky steering is just not something one should have to put up with on a brand new car. Even the service advisor said that while I was waiting. And a parts delivery guy I saw said if it was his he'd drive it through the showroom lol.
Old 8/9/13, 11:01 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by karrnutt
Have you tried contacting Deysha to get It remedied?
Yes! She has been as helpful as she can half the country away. She made some moves for me and got me in touch with a case manager.

Believe it or not those dealerships stand straight and heel click like Germans when Ford Motors calls. They called to see the progress and the dealer lied and said: oh he's coming back in tomorrow to further diagnose, when I never scheduled with them.
Old 8/9/13, 11:29 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Might as well make sure your insurance is paid up and park it in a lake, because I haven't seen anything you've posted yet that even comes close to being a credible "Lemon Law" filing.

Has it left you stranded on the road multiple times? Has it caused you to almost lose your life because it quit and locked up in the middle of the interstate? Have you been without your car for weeks because it wont take you where you need to go?

If not, you're like Paul McCartney's ex-wife. Not a leg to stand on.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 8/9/13 at 11:33 PM.
Old 8/9/13, 11:37 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Might as well make sure your insurance is paid up and park it in a lake, because I haven't seen anything you've posted yet that even comes close to being a credible "Lemon Law" filing.

If you read what I wrote I never said I was looking to file for lemon law. I simply referred to the car as a lemon which is a common adjective for a car that has many mechanical issues.
Old 8/9/13, 11:46 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
If you read what I wrote I never said I was looking to file for lemon law. I simply referred to the car as a lemon which is a common adjective for a car that has many mechanical issues.

Originally Posted by mikeship911
Originally Posted by ColSaulTigh
+1

After 3 times, you have the right (in most states with a Lemon Law) to have the car returned. I would research it - we had to use it years ago here in Florida on a Mazda 939 that was a lemon from the day it was driven off the lot.
Originally Posted by dmichaels
Agree with lemon law. Hope it exists where you live. Any opportunity to bring it to another dealer?
Thanks guys. I'll look into it.

Just going by what you posted.
Old 8/9/13, 11:51 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,138 Likes on 1,719 Posts
I live in Pennsylvania.
I'm located just outside of Pittsburgh, and we most definitely have lemon laws in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania..

According to the Lemon Law, if the dealership is unable to repair your vehicle for the same issue after 3 times.. They are required to either refund your entire purchase price or replace the vehicle altogether..

You can also contact 1-800 My Lemon based out of New Jersey and Pennsylvania that provide legal assistance/help and if they determine that you have a good case ? They'll also represent you free of charge..

I would most definitely give them a call as soon as possible !

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 8/12/13 at 11:31 AM.
Old 8/9/13, 11:56 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

Just going by what you posted.
What is your problem, man? I was showing my appreciation for their advice. I never initiated lemon law talks myself. You know this but are trying to play semantics games.

What do you get out of minimizing my car trouble? What is it to you? What is up with you and your buddy Jeremy trying to diminish and aggravate people who are upset over defects with the 2nd biggest investment a person makes in life?
Old 8/9/13, 11:59 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
I'm located just outside of Pittsburgh, and we most definitely have lemon laws in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania..

According to the Lemon Law, if the dealership is unable to repair your vehicle for the same issue after 3 times.. They are required to either refund your entire purchase price or replace the vehicle altogether..

You can also contact 1-800 or 1-888 Lemon Law based out of New Jersey and Pennsylvania that provide legal assistance/help and if they determine that you have a good case ? They'll also represent you free of charge..

I would most definitely give them a call as soon as possible !
Thanks for the advice, Fastback!
Old 8/10/13, 12:06 AM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,138 Likes on 1,719 Posts
Thanks for the advice, Fastback!
I just hope you take advantage of it, because I sure in the hell wouldn't let any dealership walk all over me like that, especially after paying over 30k for a Lemon which is total

Quick Reply: My 2014 lemon of a GT