Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Hood paint

Search this Thread

Old 10/12/14, 06:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am also dealing with this issue as well.. Had my hood "repaired" March of this year , sure enough 7 months later and its corroding again. My local dealer turned me away to calling Ford Customer Care and didnt take pictures telling me that it wont be covered . When I called Ford Customer Care , the gentleman by the name of Robert said that I would have to get the dealer to take pictures , which they already refused to do after seeing the corrosion.. Regardless , I will be fighting this , Im just under my 3yr / 36 and I cannot deal with this nonsense after it should have already been fixed :-(
Old 10/12/14, 06:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AllStar973
I am also dealing with this issue as well.. Had my hood "repaired" March of this year , sure enough 7 months later and its corroding again. My local dealer turned me away to calling Ford Customer Care and didnt take pictures telling me that it wont be covered . When I called Ford Customer Care , the gentleman by the name of Robert said that I would have to get the dealer to take pictures , which they already refused to do after seeing the corrosion.. Regardless , I will be fighting this , Im just under my 3yr / 36 and I cannot deal with this nonsense after it should have already been fixed :-(
If you had the hood repaired under warranty by a Ford dealer and the problem came back, the dealer is responsible for fixing it again. IIRC Ford dealers must warranty factory service work for 2 years. Unfortunately, Ford absolves themselves of any liability and you must fight it out with the dealer. You may be able to get Ford service to at least spell out the dealer's responsibilities, as that is where I got the info from.
Old 10/13/14, 05:50 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Hi AllStars973,

Let me get this escalated to the customer service manager for your area. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
Old 10/13/14, 11:30 AM

Thank you Deysha , PM Sent
Old 10/13/14, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by 88lx50
If you had the hood repaired under warranty by a Ford dealer and the problem came back, the dealer is responsible for fixing it again. IIRC Ford dealers must warranty factory service work for 2 years. Unfortunately, Ford absolves themselves of any liability and you must fight it out with the dealer. You may be able to get Ford service to at least spell out the dealer's responsibilities, as that is where I got the info from.
Huh.. thats what I was under the impression of as well .. I was told by the collision service manager that "our bodyshop isnt responsible , you have to call Ford Customer Care and see if they will approve it" . Not to thrilled.. But I will keep on fighting the good fight until this hood issue is resolved. I LOVE the car , its a shame because now im very hesitant to get another Ford product..
Old 10/14/14, 06:10 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Thank you Deysha , PM Sent
You're very welcome, AllStar973! I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Deysha
Old 11/15/14, 08:47 AM

Sorry for the delay in responding. Just wanted to update you guys on my hood paint problem. My local dealer sent my car to a body shop and repainted the front edge and sides under the hood. It looks ok now, my concern is it will come back after my warranty runs out in March. The dealer told me it's only covered under warranty till then, I would have expected more time on a repair like that. But it looks a lot better now. The only bad thing that happened through this was the body shop that did the repair did a ****y job protecting the engine and under hood area resulting in overspray all over my engine compartment😡. When questioned about this the dealer said it must have been dust not overspray. Either way any professional shop should have returned the car to the customer in the condition they got it in, mine was freshly cleaned and the engine compartment was spotless. Now my dealer took care of this by fully cleaning and detailing my car for me. I'm happy with them, not the body shop. Sorry for the novel but wanted to give as much info as possible for those who are fighting this.
Old 11/23/14, 12:17 PM

Huh.. thats what I was under the impression of as well .. I was told by the collision service manager that "our bodyshop isnt responsible , you have to call Ford Customer Care and see if they will approve it" . Not to thrilled.. But I will keep on fighting the good fight until this hood issue is resolved. I LOVE the car , its a shame because now im very hesitant to get another Ford product..
I just had my hood repainted (2012 GT with 29K), and was told by my dealer's body shop that the warranty on the repaint would last only until 36K. Not happy about that at all since I have read so often that the issue is apt happen again. Band aid and then shown the door.