Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

all these problems with only 52k miles....

Search this Thread

Old 3/2/14, 05:52 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by southcarolina12
the noise you hear in the rear over bumps is more than likely your rear sway bar links. mine does that too just havent got around to fix that problem yet.

how do you like your long tubes and off road and what cat backs do you have? i just put mine on with bassani axle backs and it way to loud for me but it doesnt sound like a drag car which is cool.
I absolutely love my BBK ceramic long tubes. Love the sound it makes along with my combined Flowmaster Force II axle backs.
Old 3/2/14, 06:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i love mine too but i think id love them more with a quieter muffler lol. the headers made it 20 if not more times as loud as it was with just the axle backs on. when i floor it it really sounds like a drag car tho.
Old 3/2/14, 06:21 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by southcarolina12
i love mine too but i think id love them more with a quieter muffler lol. the headers made it 20 if not more times as loud as it was with just the axle backs on. when i floor it it really sounds like a drag car tho.
During WOT the sound of the long tubes, off road x pipe and Flowmaster axle backs are sweet music too my ears!
Old 3/3/14, 09:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had some really stupid cheesy problems that are just plain poor quality.

Both my front marker lights fell apart at about 37k. I replaced them with aftermarket. No problems so far.

Both my headlight lenses have developed thin spider-web looking cracks all through them. Haven't decided what to do about that, but evidently I don't want to go back with Ford factory lenses if this is what will happen.

I replaced my cheesy factory rear sway bar bushings after they started clunking intermittently at about 50k. I got some of those BMR polyurethane bushings with the grease fittings for about 115 bucks. I put them on in about an hour with the special grease and fixed the problem.
Old 3/3/14, 05:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by cobrajet351
My daughters car is a 2011 5.0 candy red Gt. at this time the car now has 73k on the clock. It started with a no crank condition when new. it was intermittent, and hard to find. The dealer found a starter wire issue. Then they replaced the starter. The battery was also replaced all under warrinty including the tow to shop. The car still has long crank times. It has had stalling at the stop light. Transmission has a intermittent issue as well as the cam shaft position sensor on the drivers side causing the engine light to come on now and then, the paint on the hood is bubbling up, and needs repaired on the right front. Something making a noise in the rear end, like a bumping noise on a rough road. the radio was replaced as well as a speakers. The dealer she took the car to said $400 to fix the hood $200 to diagnose the transmission, $110 to diagnose the sensor. we love the car, but at 73k I should not have to replace the transmission, repaint the hood, or have engine issues. My Toyota Camry has over 304k on the clock still drives 120 miles a day no problems. We love the car other than that. I will think about this when I go to buy my truck. That is all I can say at this time. When my daughter comes home from school I will check the sway bar mounts.
Paint should have a warranty on it still, I would think? The long crank deal is likely a PCM reprogram - I've had that done on mine. That's a ton of miles on a '11 - wow.