Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

401a interior - is this "normal"

Search this Thread

Old 10/19/13, 05:09 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Give the man some new recaros!!
Perfect addition to my sentence.
Old 10/20/13, 01:04 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not only does it look shabby, but its already falling apart (assuming it was ever even put back together). This is the front of the seat (under where your knees rest):
Attached Thumbnails 401a interior - is this "normal"-image-743698092.jpg   401a interior - is this "normal"-image-1216972636.jpg  
Old 10/20/13, 01:19 PM
GT Member

Deysha - is there anything you can do to help get a new seat from the factory? I'd even take Recaros if that's all you have left =).

On top of the fact that the "fixed" seat looks worse than the seat that Ford originally said was defective, its falling apart (see above) and is not supportive (you can immediately feel the difference switching between the driver's and passenger's seats).

I can try contacting the dealer again, but they already told me there's nothing more they can do. I've tried speaking with the CSM and all he says he can do is call the dealer. No help there. Frankly, this is ridiculous on any car, let alone one that Ford puts on a ~40k msrp.
Old 10/21/13, 04:20 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by thebms
Not only does it look shabby, but its already falling apart (assuming it was ever even put back together). This is the front of the seat (under where your knees rest):
Wow... I didn't see THAT. Now that's bad, man. There's no way in he** I'd accept that.
Old 10/22/13, 11:07 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Deysha - is there anything you can do to help get a new seat from the factory? I'd even take Recaros if that's all you have left =)....
Hey thebms,

I escalated this for you and sent the CSM the pictures you posted. You should receive a call today.

Deysha
Old 10/22/13, 06:27 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FordService
Hey thebms,

I escalated this for you and sent the CSM the pictures you posted. You should receive a call today.

Deysha
Thank you Deysha - I did not hear from the CSM today. I also tried calling my dealer and left a message (pictures were sent to them by email Monday), but they have not called back either.
Old 10/23/13, 09:18 AM

Thank you Deysha - I did not hear from the CSM today. I also tried calling my dealer and left a message (pictures were sent to them by email Monday), but they have not called back either.
Thank you for the info, thebms. He will call you today.

Deysha
Old 10/23/13, 04:41 PM

...and the CSM requests thebms bring his Mustang into a dealership so they can take more pictures in 4.... 3...... 2......
Old 10/23/13, 04:49 PM
GT Member

Thank you for the info, thebms. He will call you today.

Deysha
... still no call from the CSM.

The dealer returned my call and wants to set up another appointment to look at the seat. OK. Well, I've already been in FIVE times for this and I'm worse off than when I started. What Ford keeps suggesting is not working - its time to try something different.

I want a factory quality seat. Why is that so hard? Ford has a factory and makes thousands of these things every year.
Old 10/23/13, 07:49 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by sammerdog
...and the CSM requests thebms bring his Mustang into a dealership so they can take more pictures in 4.... 3...... 2......
LOL
Old 10/23/13, 08:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What are we looking for here?
Old 10/24/13, 10:25 AM

... still no call from the CSM.

The dealer returned my call and wants to set up another appointment to look at the seat. OK. Well, I've already been in FIVE times for this and I'm worse off than when I started. What Ford keeps suggesting is not working - its time to try something different.

I want a factory quality seat. Why is that so hard? Ford has a factory and makes thousands of these things every year.
I made sure he called you today, thebms. He left you a voice mail with his contact info. Please call him back as soon as possible.

Deysha
Old 10/27/13, 08:55 PM
GT Member

I made sure he called you today, thebms. He left you a voice mail with his contact info. Please call him back as soon as possible.

Deysha
Thank you Deysha. I did finally speak with the CSM. We had a good talk and I hope that he is able to help. My dealership has also gone out of its way to try and resolve this. Why can't Ford Warranty just authorize a new seat from the factory since six visits to the dealer have not helped?

The diagnosis printed on the service invoice this Saturday was "cover was not properly seated on seat." Really I overheard the tech telling the service manager that the upholstery "expert" probably had not properly completed the install. This is what I was told was "the best that could be done" two weeks ago???

I am told that the dealer is going back and forth with Ford's warranty department and I can expect an answer Tuesday. Ugh.
Old 10/28/13, 08:40 PM
GT Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
I have a 400a 2013 gt car that is doing almost same thing ,,it has 3600 miles and has only been to car shows ,,first i take a vacation day and take it to dealer ,,then ford customer service denys claim ,,saying i rubbed it with something ? im like it sits in a heated garage and only thing that could rubbed it is my wranglers,,so i call ford customer service-asking for help ,,they say no they cant assist if its denied-its denied then i email deysha asking her to get involved but her response is exactly as follows
---------------------
Hello David,

Hope all is well with you. Our records indicate that a decision has been made and I can’t overturn this decision. Per the warranty guide included with your vehicle, Ford Motor Company will repair, replace, or adjust those parts that are found to be defective in materials or workmanship during the warranty period.

Ford and your dealer have determined this is not a factory defect. Your dealer did mention they’ll help with the costs of the repairs. I have documented your feedback to ensure our records are complete. Have a good one!

Deysha

p: 800.392.FORD

-----
so now after numerous talks with customer service they let slip that dealer i went to could have prorated a charge to fix it ,
and Deysha indicated this too today ,,Why should i pay for it,,its defective ,,i would just forget it but its noticeable, a kid at a car show was asking me about it and i shouldnt have to go through this to fix it.
Now I have went to a second reputable dealer ,.,this is third claim -and im still denied?
I just want my car fixed i worked hard to come up with the 34500 out the door to buy it and i paid cash.
Its not only wearing on bottom bolster but also on the bolster where back sits that holds air bag close to door, In my opinion its not only a warranty issue but also a safety issue too.
. I dont want another gt but i sure dont want an defective one eitheir.
If could get a ford area rep to look at it im sure they will realize i didnt cause the defect, but its like pulling teeth with ford. Ford has a unique hotrod with the new 5.0 but the service is just lousy , I have a legitmate issue that should not be denied nor take months to fix,,I also had one of the first new 5.0s out a yellow blaze car that consumed a quart of oil every 800 miles ,,after a long battle ford took it and i paid almost eight thoulsand dollars for a car that used oil that i woned 6 months ,,and swore id never buy another because ford just wont service cars ,,but after a year i did ,,i like gt's ,,Its a shame though because
any service issue big or small is just difficult,,My family makes fun of me because of how i baby my mustangs..if i do anything to it io wont get in it and move it untill ive showered with different clothes ,,My commitment runs deep ,,lol and look where its got me .
Does anybody know how i can get someone higher up the ford chain to help me
with a legit defect?

Last edited by dlc1; 10/28/13 at 08:45 PM.
Old 10/28/13, 08:51 PM
GT Member

i know this is an old post but i really need your help i have a story dealing with ford on almost a 99 percent identical seat issue i c you are an attorney and maybe you can give me some advice,,I want my seat fixed ford keeps denying claim ,,how can i get attorney general or lemon law involved mine is waring like yours but also around airbag area too -f you can call me id sure appreciate it i will pm u my number
Thank u
David
Old 10/28/13, 09:02 PM
GT Member

///..

Last edited by dlc1; 10/29/13 at 03:26 PM.
Old 11/4/13, 07:20 AM
GT Member

I dropped the car off Saturday and the field engineer will work on the seat today. I asked that he look into my A/C and transmission problems too since the dealer has not been able to resolve them. Wish me luck (I'll need it)!!!
Old 11/4/13, 04:38 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
I dropped the car off Saturday and the field engineer will work on the seat today. I asked that he look into my A/C and transmission problems too since the dealer has not been able to resolve them. Wish me luck (I'll need it)!!!
The saga continues...
Old 11/4/13, 06:51 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
The saga continues...
I only have 25 months of BTB warranty left, so this can't go on too much longer
Old 11/4/13, 08:56 PM
GT Member

I spoke with the dealer today - they said the engineer did a great job on the seat and prescribed the XL-18 friction modifier for my transmission. The a/c compressor problem was not reproduced - not too surprising considering its in the 50's up here in NE. I'm out of town for work, so I can't pick up the car until Saturday, but the dealer said they are keeping it in the garage until I return. I truly hope that everything is fixed - this has been a huge black eye on what could (and should) have been a truly great car.

Quick Reply: 401a interior - is this "normal"