Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Are the 2014 convertible door windows adjustable?

Search this Thread

Old 4/21/15, 05:55 PM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
Are the 2014 convertible door windows adjustable?

Does anyone know if the door windows in the 2014 convertible are adjustable? As you can see in the photos below, the passenger side door window matches the height of the rear window but the driver side does not. The driver side window is a good quarter of an inch lower. You can also see it (although not in the photos) where the front edge of the window meets the weather seal. The passenger side pushes into the seal while the driver side just touches it.
I'll be taking it into my dealer but would really like to know if there is any adjustment to the height of the window when fully up. I have gone through the recalibration routine but it had no effect.

Passenger side

Driver side
Old 4/21/15, 06:32 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
it is my opinion that your door/window mechanism is not functioning properly. There should only be a momentary gap while the door is open and closed if convertible top is up. Then it should finish closing that extra inch.

Your warranty should cover this.
Old 4/21/15, 06:36 PM
Cobra Member

I agree, Darren. Both door windows operate normally - that is they drop a bit when the door is opened and raise back up when the door is closed. I can't imagine that there is no way to adjust the height of my driver's side window. We'll see what the dealership has to say. If the answer is there is no adjustment, my response will be then replace the whole bloody door if necessary.
Old 4/21/15, 06:41 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by tukatz
I agree, Darren. Both door windows operate normally - that is they drop a bit when the door is opened and raise back up when the door is closed. I can't imagine that there is no way to adjust the height of my driver's side window. We'll see what the dealership has to say. If the answer is there is no adjustment, my response will be then replace the whole bloody door if necessary.

about a year ago mine malfunctioned by requiring 2 pulls on the driver door handle...1st would drop the window but not open the door, then 2nd pull would open the door. they replaced the handle mechanism, leading me to think it may be your handle mechanism also, not sending the proper signal to the window.
Old 4/28/15, 05:24 PM
Cobra Member

My good friends at Lakewood Ford took care of the problem. The tech checked it out, removed the door panel and adjusted the height of the window. He then took it outside and sprayed it with water to ensure there are no leaks. The driver's side window now raises to the same height as the rear quarter panel window and it presses into the weather molding at the front. So both sides are now the same and I am a happy camper.
Old 4/28/15, 06:01 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by tukatz
My good friends at Lakewood Ford took care of the problem. The tech checked it out, removed the door panel and adjusted the height of the window. He then took it outside and sprayed it with water to ensure there are no leaks. The driver's side window now raises to the same height as the rear quarter panel window and it presses into the weather molding at the front. So both sides are now the same and I am a happy camper.

Awesome! What caused it i wonder?
Old 4/28/15, 06:30 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by DarrenGT
Awesome! What caused it i wonder?
I suspect the window was just not properly adjusted when installed at the factory.