Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

2013 GT with problems

Search this Thread

Old 8/27/12, 12:06 PM
GT Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I have the same thing on my Black 13, on the right side of the bumber looks like the clear swirled and I have the marks as discribed under my spoiler on the right side. I plan on getting it to the dealer to get fixed.

I let a dealer here paint my Sonic Blue Cobra when someone didn't know how to park and you couldn't tell. Should the new owner and he couldn't see it or tell.
Old 8/30/12, 09:32 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tbone004
I have the same thing on my Black 13, on the right side of the bumber looks like the clear swirled and I have the marks as discribed under my spoiler on the right side. I plan on getting it to the dealer to get fixed.

I let a dealer here paint my Sonic Blue Cobra when someone didn't know how to park and you couldn't tell. Should the new owner and he couldn't see it or tell.
When I was seeking my mustang, I saw a used 2013 black mustang at the dealer with only 900 joes on it. The sales rep told me that the original owner complained about paint imperfections on the top hood. I know all too well about that...my 2011 f150 had several small paint bubbles and smears on it. All, take a look at the small corners on the Side corners of your front bumpers. I have a very small chip on where the paint bubbled and fell off or did not quite stick - it was on my F150 too!
Old 8/31/12, 07:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mikeyt03

Seriously! I get so mad when I clean my wife's car. Her front bumper is cracked, curb rash on all four rims, and dings all over....and she is actually upset that I never want to switch cars for a day. She would totally curb my rims and park in the tightest parking spots available.
Driving my GT is not an option for my wife (fortunately) she is an auto only girl and my car is a 6MT. I tried teaching her how to drive a stick on my VW years ago and she just didn't understand why anyone would want to do all this extra work to drive a car. Sigh!
Old 9/24/12, 06:33 AM

Hi, I am new here. I have a 2013 black GT with 3,700 miles. I have what looks like metal fleck on the hood, not a couple of dots, but a strip of it about 10 inches by 4 inches. I also have some on the a-pillars here and there. The thing is I stretched really far to get this car and I want to keep it forever next to my restored 71 cutlass. I have not gone back to the dealer yet, you con only really see it in the sun. I am afraid of a repaint because it cannot be baked on like a factory job and being black, if the paint is soft it will get rock chips like nothing and bird poop will stain it so much more easily. I am torn. I wish I could trade it in......ugh!

-Scknight7
Old 9/24/12, 07:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Why doesn't Ford ship their cars with more protection? I see VW, Audi, and other manufactures shipping their cars completely covered in wrap with no way of rail dust getting to the paint.

I'm picking up my car this week. I hope I don't have any issues especially since I'm just in Ohio and it doesn't have a long way to travel.
Old 9/24/12, 08:58 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Scknight7
Hi, I am new here. I have a 2013 black GT with 3,700 miles. I have what looks like metal fleck on the hood, not a couple of dots, but a strip of it...I am afraid of a repaint because it cannot be baked on like a factory job and being black, if the paint is soft it will get rock chips like nothing and bird poop will stain it so much more easily. I am torn. I wish I could trade it in......ugh!
-Scknight7
FYI: just had my dealer repaint a fender and a spot in my engine compartment and the guy told me they bake there paint jobs so thats another possibility.

Last edited by wheelman; 9/24/12 at 08:59 AM.
Old 9/24/12, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by wheelman
FYI: just had my dealer repaint a fender and a spot in my engine compartment and the guy told me they bake there paint jobs so thats another possibility.
Thanks Wheelman. I have a great painter. He painted my restored 1971 Cutlass. It is flawless, but he is way expensive. I will ask him what to do, but I am off this Wednesday and I am going to visit the dealer. I will keep you updated.

-Scknight
Old 9/30/12, 01:08 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I went to get some estimates to get rally stripes painted on and while I was out in the parking lot with the painter he noticed a speck of something under the clear just over my passenger side rear wheel well arch. I hadn't waxed my car at that time so I wouldn't have seen it other wise. If he can spot that in less than a minute of walking around my car he has my business because he's a little A nul about the paint finish. I noticed that the inside lip of the body opening for the trunk is thin as well like the sprayer didn't get all the way in there when it was making it's rounds. I'm not worried about that too much though.
Old 10/1/12, 10:13 AM
GT Member

Whatever work is done to right this situation, will it be reported to CarFax and such? If so, that vehicle would be permanently devalued. So that depends on whether the OP is entirely intent on keeping the vehicle, or ever wants to sell or trade it in later. If trade in, perhaps get it in writing that THIS incident will not affect trade in value. Private selling you're on your own.

Repainted, no the car will not be the same. Sure a reputable shop can do a great job and maybe most everyone would never know, but if it's reported it doesn't matter, it's now a bargaining chip. Why go with one that had any early defect, when there will probably be plenty that didn't. You can argue back and forth about how good the repairs can be, but clearly at this point the car would need to be repainted to fix it, and that WILL affect the car forever. You're then arguing how each person views the repair, which will never have "an answer".

Finally, whether it bothers the OP or not is his/her issue. It may bother some people, and others don't care at all. That's not for us here on a forum to weigh in on.