Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

2012 6spd transmission issues

Search this Thread

Old 12/11/12, 06:06 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by TwistedKarma
You can't, I'm still in a lawsuit with Ford. Thank you though.
Oh, ok. You’re welcome!

Deysha
Old 12/19/12, 12:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i had a 2010 camaro ss, the only problems i had with it the whole time i had it was the rear speakers rattled and gm gladly fixed it with in 30 mins. i had a 2010 sierra the only problem i had with it was the door handle cover popped off and they fixed that in about 10 mins. i had a 2000 silverado and the transmission had to be replaced and they did that in 3 days but gave me a rental. now i have a mustang and the transmission went out and they are replacing it but its been at the dealership over a week and they say its still going to be a few days. this is the 4th time ive taken it to the dealership for different problems and only has 18k on it. im seriously thinking about going back to a camaro. had it for 40k miles and only had to go to the dealership once.
Old 12/19/12, 01:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by southcarolina12
i had a 2010 camaro ss, the only problems i had with it the whole time i had it was the rear speakers rattled and gm gladly fixed it with in 30 mins. i had a 2010 sierra the only problem i had with it was the door handle cover popped off and they fixed that in about 10 mins. i had a 2000 silverado and the transmission had to be replaced and they did that in 3 days but gave me a rental. now i have a mustang and the transmission went out and they are replacing it but its been at the dealership over a week and they say its still going to be a few days. this is the 4th time ive taken it to the dealership for different problems and only has 18k on it. im seriously thinking about going back to a camaro. had it for 40k miles and only had to go to the dealership once.

sounds legit!
Old 12/19/12, 02:00 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 2012BLKV6

sounds legit!
I'm with you, lmao.
Old 12/19/12, 08:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

why do you say that?
Old 12/19/12, 09:04 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
why do you say that?

Because we've been here a long time. We've seen a number of GM/Camaro5 spammers come through with 1 or 2 posts, lay out their hate for Ford, then move on. They prove to be bull crappers.
So you are suspect at this stage... I mean why did you just join and start the rant? You really joined just to bytch??
It would be different if a member who had been here awhile, posting objectively, suddenly had a problem and reported it.

Last edited by cdynaco; 12/19/12 at 09:05 PM.
Old 12/19/12, 09:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco

Because we've been here a long time. We've seen a number of GM/Camaro5 spammers come through with 1 or 2 posts, lay out their hate for Ford, then move on. They prove to be bull crappers.
So you are suspect at this stage... I mean why did you just join and start the rant? You really joined just to bytch??
It would be different if a member who had been here awhile, posting objectively, suddenly had a problem and reported it.
sorry, i didnt mean to come off like that. im joined this site to get help and talk to other mustang owners. ive been looking for a way to solve the notchey shifting and am planing on getting the mgw shifter and see if it helps. im just a little up set about the car messing up thats all. also i am a camaro5 member but i havent been on there in months. i know camaros have there own problems like 2nd or maybe its 3rd gear grind and the lifters going out on the ones with d.o.d.. every vehicle has its own set of problems.
Old 12/20/12, 06:27 AM
Bullitt Member

well in that case, welcome!! Sorry, but your original post was textbook camaro5 troll. Around here, anyone that is complaining about an issue before they introduce themselves is disregarded; especially the "i had a camaro then I got a mustang and its broken" crowd. lol.
Old 1/13/13, 05:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My dealer will not void my warranty. I asked and have put on an SCT tune. to be sure check with your dealer
Old 1/23/13, 08:38 AM

sorry, i didnt mean to come off like that. im joined this site to get help and talk to other mustang owners. ive been looking for a way to solve the notchey shifting and am planing on getting the mgw shifter and see if it helps. im just a little up set about the car messing up thats all. also i am a camaro5 member but i havent been on there in months. i know camaros have there own problems like 2nd or maybe its 3rd gear grind and the lifters going out on the ones with d.o.d.. every vehicle has its own set of problems.
Hey everyone. Southcarolina12, take a look at my youtube vid at

Basically, I found some information provided by a mechanic that was so frustrated with his 1-2 shifts that he ended taking out his transmission to see what was wrong with it. He discovered that the shifter bowl was out of rotational alignment. When that happens, the shifter binds against the reverse lockout tab and the 1-2 shifter rod. By shimming the top of the shifter bowl out slightly it can relieve the binding.

Check that out first before buying a new shifter. You see, I was having the same problem and then I bought a Steeda short-throw. When it was installed, it was so bad I couldn't even move the shifter into 1st. It was not the Steeda shifter's fault, it just amplified the underlying problem.

My email is listed there if anyone wants the instructions on how to do the shimming as well as the background info provided by the mechanic.