Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Pedal covers/replacements 13' Auto

Search this Thread

Old 4/20/15, 07:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Pedal covers/replacements 13' Auto

Can anyone point me to a decent set for my 13'? I bought the GT500 pedal covers from American Muscle and after a short time the horizontal black rubber "grips" on the brake pedal started to shear off on the right side where my foot pushes on the brake pedal. I called AM when I first saw it to see if I could purchase JUST a replacement brake pedal (It had been over a year since I bought them). They couldn't sell just the brake pedal so they sent me an entire new set, free of charge. Unfortunately the new set is doing the exact same thing and I wouldn't expect AM to replace it again?!? The brake pedal's horizontal pads are a vey soft rubber while the accelerator's pads are a hard plastic, the brake ones just don't hold up to the friction from the bottom of my shoe apparently.

Last edited by MADSCOTSMAN; 4/20/15 at 07:42 AM.
Old 4/20/15, 09:18 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
How about these? They aren't exactly what you are asking for ... but just wanted to provide you with another option!

http://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang...vers-555-1157/

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 4/20/15, 09:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Car is automatic. Don't like the idea of screw-on covers as they look cheap. Would rather replace the existing "covers" or pedals entirely if possible. Thanks for the reply though.
Old 4/20/15, 10:19 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MADSCOTSMAN
Can anyone point me to a decent set for my 13'? I bought the GT500 pedal covers from American Muscle and after a short time the horizontal black rubber "grips" on the brake pedal started to shear off on the right side where my foot pushes on the brake pedal. I called AM when I first saw it to see if I could purchase JUST a replacement brake pedal (It had been over a year since I bought them). They couldn't sell just the brake pedal so they sent me an entire new set, free of charge. Unfortunately the new set is doing the exact same thing and I wouldn't expect AM to replace it again?!? The brake pedal's horizontal pads are a vey soft rubber while the accelerator's pads are a hard plastic, the brake ones just don't hold up to the friction from the bottom of my shoe apparently.
Hey Mad,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the pedal covers you got from us, I had them on my previous Coyote with no issues for 40k+ miles before I sold the car.

In regards to will we replace them? Of-course I will!

Shoot me over a PM and I will have a new set shipping out at no cost!

Looking forward to hearing from you.

-Will
Old 4/20/15, 05:53 PM
V6 Member

Mine has the same issue but on the clutch only. I have 8 months with them.
Old 4/21/15, 07:08 AM
Former Vendor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by fivepoint00
Mine has the same issue but on the clutch only. I have 8 months with them.
Hey Five and Mad - Will's going to be offsite today so if you shot PM's over to him have them redirected my way with your order numbers and I'm happy to have a replacement or set up and shipped out for you guys pronto!

Alex
Old 4/22/15, 08:07 AM
Bullitt Member

I just sent Will a PM this morning, original order number was 2286939. Thanks for taking care of me again.
Old 4/22/15, 02:34 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by MADSCOTSMAN
I just sent Will a PM this morning, original order number was 2286939. Thanks for taking care of me again.
Thanks for reaching out Mad and I'm sorry about the delay, I was at the track doing some testing and now I'm back ready to get you hooked up!

You have a new set of pedal covers on the way and they will be arriving soon!

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions.

-Will
Old 4/23/15, 01:54 AM
V6 Member

I just sent you a pm of the order number. I had to go through my emails since it wasn't showing the the AM website account.
Old 4/23/15, 08:59 AM
Former Vendor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by fivepoint00
I just sent you a pm of the order number. I had to go through my emails since it wasn't showing the the AM website account.

Hey - Thanks for letting me know, I appreciate it! I'm going to go ahead and have a replacement order set up for you right now! Rather than have you running around just to have the one sent back to us have it throw away! I'll make sure that I have delivered for you tomorrow for the weekend as well.

Let me know if you have any other questions at all, I'm always around to help!

Alex
Old 4/24/15, 11:24 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus
Hey - Thanks for letting me know, I appreciate it! I'm going to go ahead and have a replacement order set up for you right now! Rather than have you running around just to have the one sent back to us have it throw away! I'll make sure that I have delivered for you tomorrow for the weekend as well. Let me know if you have any other questions at all, I'm always around to help! Alex
Thank you, Alex for taking care of us. The other pedals are fine, it's just like I said the clutch pedal rubber almost doesn't have any. I guess that would be normal since the clutch it's always on use and it's pressed a lot.