'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers

Search this Thread

Old 5/19/13 | 06:14 PM
Bullitt Member

AMustangrocks - I sent you a PM but I thought I'd post also. I am very interested in the padded armrest. I have a 2013 Mustang GT Premium with charcoal interior and red stitching. I would like the smooth charcoal leather. Please PM me on ordering information.
Old 5/20/13 | 10:58 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by PJRManagement
Man, these look great. Still hoping for Saddle...
+1

I'm new to this forum, I'm waiting for delivery. In the meantime, I'd also like to get one of these, but would like it in Saddle Leather (to match my seats). I'm also looking to replace the shifter boot cover with Saddle Leather as well. Any idea where I might find that?

Thanks!
Old 5/20/13 | 01:33 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by amustangrocks
the easiest way ive found is to use some glue on the very frt edge, where the groove is that the latch comes up into. put some on the frt edge and let it set up, then wrap the leather tight, tight in the corners there too, and use your finger to rub that groove into the leather. theres no extra room there to have any slack. also, dont tighten the screws down real tight, just barely snug them up will help too. heating it up with a hair dryer wont hurt either. get it warm, but not too hot to touch.

the install instructions are on the website now on the "how to install" page, 3rd cover down for the 10+
http://www.amustangrocksleather.com/How_to_Install.html
Hey Mike-- Your web site appears to be down, any chance you could provide an active link to your instructions page? TIA
Old 5/20/13 | 07:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Looks great...now develop a cup holder padded cover and Im in for a set!!

My forearm rests on the cup holder and causes my elbow to activate the console button....having a padded cup holder door will lift my arm up off the console enough to have my elbow above the button.
Old 5/20/13 | 07:42 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by StangLife'12

My forearm rests on the cup holder and causes my elbow to activate the console button....having a padded cup holder door will lift my arm up off the console enough to have my elbow above the button.
Did you get the padded console piece? It does just that already, for me
Old 5/20/13 | 08:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Pm sent amustangrocks
Old 5/23/13 | 04:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by smike308
Hey Mike-- Your web site appears to be down, any chance you could provide an active link to your instructions page? TIA
hey smike, the website is back up and the install instructions are here:

on another note, the website was down for a week but its back up now. it will only be up for another month or so, then it will be temp shut down as i`m relocating back to mich looking like last part of july. its gonna be a good while before i can get things back up and running. i`ll leave the site up for install instructions, but there wont be any more sales and the store page will be out of service. i`m gonna keep my sponsorship active but wont be posting about any parts for a while.

if your on the fence and you might want one of our parts, time is limited. if you need any samples, now is the time to let me know. sorry for any inconvenience this will cause. thanks, mike
Old 5/23/13 | 04:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by ColSaulTigh
+1

I'm new to this forum, I'm waiting for delivery. In the meantime, I'd also like to get one of these, but would like it in Saddle Leather (to match my seats). I'm also looking to replace the shifter boot cover with Saddle Leather as well. Any idea where I might find that?

Thanks!
sorry i havent been able to get the saddle leather. its not looking good before i shut things down for a while. i`ll still try in the future, aftermarket leather still might be a option. theres always a chance the supplier might get it in stock some day too. so far there hasnt been enough demand of it for them to stock it.
Old 5/24/13 | 05:36 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

if your on the fence and you might want one of our parts, time is limited. if you need any samples, now is the time to let me know. sorry for any inconvenience this will cause. thanks, mike
I'm ready to order a console cover, shift boot & eBrake boot, but have a couple questions. I have the premium smooth-grain leather, which I assume is the smooth charcoal option for the eBrake (the other two say OEM smooth grain), but is the install the same? Or rather, is the uninstall of the OEM leather eBrake boot the same? The site just mentions vinyl boots and leather stitched handles so I just want to make sure I'm ordering correctly. Also, you mentioned a blue thread closer to grabber blue in one of your posts. Is that the default thread now for the blue option or do I have to specify and, if so, how do I do that? Thanks in advance. Looking to order ASAP.
Old 5/24/13 | 05:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

hey wheel, i sent you a pm but i thought i would also post it for others to see the info too.

when we first came out with the ebrake, we only had the smooth aftermarket leather that we have since dropped for the 10+ oem smooth grain.

the oem ebrake boot is vinyl. it comes apart pretty easy off the trim ring and the leather gets glued on. the guys that have done it said it was real easy to do and i did it once for the install page on the website. we can add a top stitched seam on the top center of the ebrake boot, or make it one pc with no seam like the oem boot.

the blue thread i just got is just a tad closer to the grabber blue and has been the choice of everyone since i got it. i would use that for grabber and maybe the original darker blue for someone that wanted blue for a older vista blue car. the 2 blues look different on the spools, but are very close on leather.

we can work out any special details through pm`s and there should be a special instruction box you can fill out on the checkout page. either way we can get things straight. if your not sure about the leather grain from the pics i posted, i can send you a sample(s) thanks, mike
Attached Thumbnails Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers-dscf3171.jpg  
Old 5/24/13 | 07:42 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

PM sent, thanks much
Old 5/24/13 | 08:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Do you guys offer this product in the OEM saddle style leather?

I will buy!
Old 5/24/13 | 09:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by theACE
Do you guys offer this product in the OEM saddle style leather?

I will buy!
nope sorry, no saddle
Old 5/25/13 | 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by StangLife'12

the cup holder door isn't hinged and clearance is minimal where it rotates into the console... figure it has to be a "flap" that allows the padded cover to hang over passenger side of console when door is opened. They make some chrome accents that cover the lid but have the same issues and brainstorming myself.
Old 5/25/13 | 09:14 AM
Bullitt Member

nope sorry, no saddle
Boo!

In all seriousness though, is it because you just can't get the leather, or is it because there's not enough of us with Saddle interior to make it worth the time/effort?
Old 5/25/13 | 04:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by ColSaulTigh
Boo!

In all seriousness though, is it because you just can't get the leather, or is it because there's not enough of us with Saddle interior to make it worth the time/effort?
just cant find it. i would have bought it a few months back is i could have got it. my main oem supplier said there wasnt enough demand for them to get it. they could get it made and stock it if someone bought 50+hides, but thats a few hundred a hide. i started looking into aftermarkets that might match but i`m running out of time fast.
Old 5/25/13 | 10:56 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

just cant find it. i would have bought it a few months back is i could have got it. my main oem supplier said there wasnt enough demand for them to get it. they could get it made and stock it if someone bought 50+hides, but thats a few hundred a hide. i started looking into aftermarkets that might match but i`m running out of time fast.
---
Yup...I've been hoping for Saddle since Mike launched this beautiful product. I still have my fingers crossed. Hey Mike, did you have any luck with that Katzkin match I gave you a while back...? I can't remember the name, but I have it at home (away this weekend). I have it in my 2011 GT Premium, the quality is incredible, and the color is a great match for Ford OEM Saddle. Want me to send you the info when I get back home?
Old 5/29/13 | 07:54 PM
Bullitt Member

anyone have any experience installing the shift boot on a 10+ mustang?? I'm just about to order an armrest and a matching alcantera shiftboot and was wondering how hard the install was. Thanks.
Old 5/29/13 | 09:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by joey8
anyone have any experience installing the shift boot on a 10+ mustang?? I'm just about to order an armrest and a matching alcantera shiftboot and was wondering how hard the install was. Thanks.
ive got install instructions for removing the old boot and installing the new boot to the trim ring and a pic of the bottom side of the console. the guys that have done it said it was not to hard to do. ive also got a install of the ebrake boot. you can find them scrolling down on the install page

Last edited by amustangrocks; 5/29/13 at 10:19 PM.
Old 5/29/13 | 09:18 PM
Bullitt Member

ive got install instructions for removing the old boot and installing the new boot to the trim ring and a pic of the bottom side of the console. the guys that have down it said it was not to hard to do. ive also got a install of the ebrake boot. you can find them scrolling down on the install page
Awesome just saw it doesnt look difficult. Placing the order tomorrow!

Quick Reply: Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers