Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Best speakers under $200 for base v6

Old 5/24/16, 08:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 114 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
Could I get speakers, a processor OR line out converter, and amp for under $500 or is that too low of a budget for anything of quality? Like I said, I am no audiophile, but I want to do something to upgrade the base system. Are there any write ups on how you wire in the line out converter or signal processor? How is the amp wired in? Will I need new wire to go to the speakers too?

The amp will need a fat power cable w/ an inline fuse going from the positive terminal of your battery for power, and a separate fat ground cable to your chassis. It sounds worse than it is though, and they sell kits. Inputs for the amp are going to be 4 RCA cables that would come from your sound processor/line out converter/aftermarket head unit (called pre-outs), and outputs from the amp will be separate speaker wires that go directly to each of your speakers. You'd have to run the speaker wire through the rubber grommet/conduit in the door jamb to get it into the doors.

It's not difficult (mostly), but it can get involved, especially trying to route the wires through. If you w/ an amp, I'd plan out where you want to place everything (make sure the amp has good airflow), how you'll secure it, and where you'll run the wires ahead of time.
Old 5/27/16, 08:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Cavero
The amp will need a fat power cable w/ an inline fuse going from the positive terminal of your battery for power, and a separate fat ground cable to your chassis. It sounds worse than it is though, and they sell kits. Inputs for the amp are going to be 4 RCA cables that would come from your sound processor/line out converter/aftermarket head unit (called pre-outs), and outputs from the amp will be separate speaker wires that go directly to each of your speakers. You'd have to run the speaker wire through the rubber grommet/conduit in the door jamb to get it into the doors.

It's not difficult (mostly), but it can get involved, especially trying to route the wires through. If you w/ an amp, I'd plan out where you want to place everything (make sure the amp has good airflow), how you'll secure it, and where you'll run the wires ahead of time.
Yep. And for the power wire....the only place to realyl get through the fire wall is the big grommet on the passenger side. Then you have to go up and under the wheel well. I ended up removing the front wheel to do this....Out of all the cars I have had this was the biggest PITA yet
Old 5/27/16, 08:07 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
My 2014 has a great spot by the pedals. Plenty of space to get a large wire through.