Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

You asked us for it, now you are going to get it, SOON from Steeda

Search this Thread

Old 12/12/11, 08:08 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Poppa
Well Gus I don't think that's quite fair. If you have information on what a part does or does not do I believe you should share that. If the thing provides no down force at all and is just a "beauty piece" then say that. If it will lift the front end off the ground say that also. I don't want to rely solely on a racers evaluation of a product without some hard facts to back it up. If I buy a part for the engine I don't want to hear from a racer that it feels faster, I'd like to see some numbers. That aside, After 14 years of personal experience using Steeda products I think you guys at Steeda build great stuff for the Mustang and hit the ball out of the park with this new wing.
I understand what you are saying, but the data we payed Ford to do for us is just not going to be released. We let the customers who use it speak for us.

We worked very hard to make the wing functional and the real world use of the wing is more valuable than what any piece of paper says about its function.

Theres a reason that Grand Am and Koni Challenge cars use our functional wings, Pro Racers trust them and know first hand the benefit they provide.

More often than not numbers get analysed by the keyboard/napkin engineers into unrealistic, completely incorrect analysis of actual performance anyway. Its counterproductive. The results in the real world are all that really matters, and we have proven results on our functional wings in the real world for well over a decade.
Old 12/12/11, 02:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SteedaGus

I understand what you are saying, but the data we payed Ford to do for us is just not going to be released. We let the customers who use it speak for us.

We worked very hard to make the wing functional and the real world use of the wing is more valuable than what any piece of paper says about its function.

Theres a reason that Grand Am and Koni Challenge cars use our functional wings, Pro Racers trust them and know first hand the benefit they provide.

More often than not numbers get analysed by the keyboard/napkin engineers into unrealistic, completely incorrect analysis of actual performance anyway. Its counterproductive. The results in the real world are all that really matters, and we have proven results on our functional wings in the real world for well over a decade.
Looks good, as an aero engineer I like functional bodywork on cars. But that being the case this would definitely need to be paired with a splitter to increase front downforce (LS with a 1" spacer would be nice) or tiger racing hood so that steering doesn't go light at high speeds, that's not a fun thing to have happen.
Old 12/12/11, 10:57 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Are the sides painted or are they CF like on your other wing?
Old 12/15/11, 07:41 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
Are the sides painted or are they CF like on your other wing?
The winglets are the same material as our basic winglets from other wings and need to be painted.
Old 12/15/11, 09:57 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The real question is are the winglets included with the wing or are they an extra $80 like the 05-09 wing?
Old 12/15/11, 11:26 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 06GT
The real question is are the winglets included with the wing or are they an extra $80 like the 05-09 wing?
All our wings have always included standard winglets. The billet and carbon fiber pieces are optional upgrades.
Old 12/15/11, 01:23 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by SteedaGus
All our wings have always included standard winglets. The billet and carbon fiber pieces are optional upgrades.
Ah, ok--thank you for this clarification!