Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

Two NEW releases for 2010+ Mustangs Exterior

Search this Thread

Old 7/12/10, 11:56 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dan, proper black bezels are on the to-do list but will be later this year depending upon interest in these latest two releases and scheduling since we have other 05-09 products to get into the mix as well. We tried the chrome ones that are on the market from overseas, but as usual they don't fit correctly, and we're not going to show them how to properly mold the part to have the correct finished angles.

Patrick, we're not into bending pipe at this point (although I know what machine I'd get if we wanted to do it ) so exhaust is not on the to-do list. I will say though that the Ford Racing kits are nice and complete, and we have installed one on a local car that came out very nice. The only dumb thing is that the holes are not tapped in the chassis on the driver side, so that requires some work, but otherwise it's not a big deal. Price of the kit is reasonable considering you get everything in one shot to do the swap instead of sourcing it from all over the place.

No Fdj, we're not doing sound tube deletes.. wasn't aware of a market for such a thing, but hey, if it's just a block-off plate we're down with making some!

Spike, no prizes if you're close - not saying if you are or not, but if we were on that track, there would be a lot of work to get those two pieces to market... I would *imagine* there are all kinds of issues with mounting a fuel door or a honeycomb with that big "faux cap" in the back of these 2010+ cars...
Old 7/12/10, 11:58 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool. I can patiently wait for proper black bezels.
Old 7/12/10, 06:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
I'm liking the feedback to the feedback.
Old 7/13/10, 04:13 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Interested to see what you're cooking up over there.

Just remember, a good product is often imitated, but NEVER duplicated.
Old 7/18/10, 08:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd be down for some sound tube deletes.
Old 7/20/10, 01:02 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Friends on Facebook of ours are getting photo and video updates this week live from Mustang Week

Word is there are a couple photos already up over there, more coming!
Old 7/20/10, 11:18 AM
Team Mustang Source

I am not seeing these pics on Facebook.... are they on a page other than Silverhorse Racing?
I am interested to see what you have come up with.
Old 7/20/10, 11:26 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Link to facebook page?
Old 7/20/10, 03:06 PM
Legacy Tms Member

SHR Releases Tru-Billet 'powerdome' Fuel Door and Honeycomb panel for 2010+ Mustangs

Guys, I'll be honest and we're still learning the whole Facebook thing, it's just that I can upload easily from mobile, etc... so that's why some of that stuff is happening there first and linking to it I'd have to see how to handle the html on it...

That said... let me point you to the title of this post, and pictures to come later this evening if I get the chance to do so from Myrtle Beach

I'm really surprised with all the cameras running today that it hasn't already made it's way here!
Old 7/20/10, 03:35 PM
Cobra R Member

I'd curious to see the 'powerdome' fuel door! Pics!! Ahhhh!
Old 7/20/10, 06:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by spike
Let me put on my thinking cap.

My guesses are billet fuel door and honeycomb trunk panel. I would've said lower grill inserts but you're mostly working off of your v6 sooo.. I'm guessing you'll wait on those a little while. Do I get a prize if I'm right?
Woah! Called it!
Old 7/20/10, 10:11 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Good guess Spike, but front inserts are on the to-do list for the GT, just not first.

Ok, here's some pictures, we might split this out into separate threads here soon, but for the moment, this should get you guys something to think about. The following items should be understood when looking at these pictures:

1) The SHR engraving on the fuel door is not a standard option, just something we did for our car to try it out in 3D arc engraving mode (always playing...) - Standard options will be:
A) New Satin two-tone (shown on car), gloss black anodized (new) and Triple Chrome Plated.
B) Engraving options at first to be plain, GT, and 5.0. Other options may be available depending
on certain "discussions" we are having with trademark holders at this time.
C) Powerdome design on door carries over from hood, dash, etc.. on 2010+ cars.
D) 5.0 piece pictured on car was an early prototype - misalignment of ring to door is not in production pieces.

2) The honeycomb panel is a machined prototype, much like our original pictures of our 05 piece, this should be considered a "rough" approximation of what the final piece will be. Removal of the original center emblem is NOT required - it is a major PITA to clean if you do, so we went around it like on our 05-09 piece. We will be fixing the following as we get to production:
A) Overall dimensions need minor tweaks as always (even though we started with OE CAD files on this)
B) Finishes will be gloss / flat similar to 05-09 version
C) We will be making this piece much more "shallow" compared to our previous piece for ease of cleaning.
D) The taillight bezels shown are not ours - our pieces will be much more "flowing" to fix the trunk fitment to taillight area that everyone takes issue with, and will also fit the taillights better. Unfortunately, we only had so much time to get this done, so for now these bezels will have to suffice.

All in all, we are very happy with the look and fit of the pieces. Fuel doors will be available for ordering in the next week or so as all finishes return from anodize / plating etc.. and we are planning a pre-order deal for the honeycomb panel like we did our original one back in 2005. We're estimating a late 2010-early 11 release of the honeycomb panel, and soon after the matching taillight bezels. Although it is designed to work without them, with what we have in mind, it will be even better. Both products will have U.S. Patents applied for within the next week or so, not that it really matters these days, but we just want "the other guys" to know we're watching this closely.

Oh....prices...

Fuel doors are the same price as our 05-09 piece, even though we've got more time and cost in these since they are much more complex to machine and solve the filler neck issues.

Honeycomb panel is TBA, although we expect it to be very close to our existing panel in cost, and will be doing the pre-order at a nice discount for those willing to trust in our work once again.

See pics - more will be forthcoming but this is not easy to post at the moment due to some "technical difficulties" being given to us by Vista at the moment... feel free to share these on other forums, they are "released" and no longer being hidden like we've been doing the last few weeks.
Attached Images      

Last edited by SilverHorse-----Racing; 7/20/10 at 10:22 PM.
Old 7/20/10, 10:24 PM
Legacy Tms Member

A couple more...
Attached Thumbnails Two NEW releases for 2010+ Mustangs Exterior-img_2092.jpg   Two NEW releases for 2010+ Mustangs Exterior-img_2095.jpg  
Old 7/21/10, 07:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Marcello, looking good!

My Dad just got a 2011 5.0 and was commenting on how the center of the stock decklid doesn't line up at all with the lights (the inside is curved in, the taillights are flat, and the bottom of the trunk lid actually sticks out a little past the taillights). I see your decklid panel sticks out a little uniformly along the vertical to smooth out that concavity. Is it possible that your upcoming taillight bezels will be equally as deep and line up with the decklid panel (so the lights are slightly recesses on the inside) to clean up the discontinuity of the stock design? That would be sweet and I know my pops would be for it. I have the CDC one on my 2006 which he really likes on my car but really doesn't like the way it looks on the 2010+ due to the odd shape.

Just a thought.

Edit: Woah!! is that your 2010 v6? I just realized it might be. Nice paint work. well done!

Last edited by spike; 7/21/10 at 08:54 AM.
Old 7/21/10, 08:53 AM
V6 Member

Love the tail light panel. Hope you guys come out with bezels to match, I'll pick up both for sure.
Old 7/21/10, 09:10 AM
Bullitt Member

So for a gloss black anodized no emblem fuel door for my 2011 would be $139.99? Also your not taking pre orders on the fuel doors?
Old 7/21/10, 09:14 AM
Legacy Tms Member

The taillight bezels there are just "place holders" until we can get ours done. The key was to first get the honeycomb where it needed to be, then we can bring the bezels up to match and fill-in the gaps to the sides that we don't need. When it is all said and done, the three pieces will work together to "fix" the back end as much as is possible without replacement of body panels.

I think everyone will like how the bezels will complete the look of the back and the honeycomb, although they will be able to work independently of one another.
Old 7/21/10, 09:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

Just a suggestion. What about a non honeycomb panel? Just a smooth finish.

Also, is that carbon fiber quarter windows?
Old 7/21/10, 09:19 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by 3.73-11
So for a gloss black anodized no emblem fuel door for my 2011 would be $139.99? Also your not taking pre orders on the fuel doors?
Correct on both questions. We've already machined a lot of doors, it's just getting them all back from finishing and getting the last couple hardware pieces in sufficient quantities before they can start shipping out. The honeycomb will be pre-order priced at 109.99 because we have no exact date of release, the discount being given will be reflected in the patience people have to wait for it until it's ready to ship, similar to our first honeycomb panel that had ~200 pre-orders ship in the first couple days of release, ditto for the GT/CS grill, louvers, etc...
Old 7/21/10, 09:21 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by SuperSugeKnight
Just a suggestion. What about a non honeycomb panel? Just a smooth finish.

Also, is that carbon fiber quarter windows?
We feel the "smooth finish" is sufficiently covered by existing offerings, and the cost of tooling separate faces is very high, so we have to settle on one panel and go with it for production purposes.

On the louvers, it's the hydro-printing process of simulated CF on the face - we're toying with offering it as an option, just wanted to do something different and get some feedback on it from everyone.

Quick Reply: Two NEW releases for 2010+ Mustangs Exterior