Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

Which rims look the best?

Search this Thread

Old 12/24/10, 11:43 AM
SD6
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree with above, I would vote B also.

But, aside from weight savings, new wheels are definitely all about STYLE. It's a reflection of your style and what you like. Doesn't matter what anybody else thinks.

Some of the most popular wheels out there look ugly to me, but that's my taste.
Just like white cars / black rims = like JimmyM, I don't like it, but most love it.

Even if 99/100 people pick option X, and you like option Y, you gotta go with Y!
Old 12/24/10, 12:51 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 908ssp
I may be getting new wheels those TSW wheels and the weight savings really have me excited. The 20s weigh 23lbs for the front and 25lbs for the rear that is a light wheel. With a 48mm front offset and 65mm rear offset I may have to put an 1/8" [3mm] shim in to duplicate the spacing of the Steeda Spyders. I'll have some Spyders to sell soon.
I think you should get them. I'm not a huge fan of the wing on yours (no offense) but, I think it would look great with it, and that front chin. Haha, I see what you're doing with the Spyders, sorry man, I don't really like those, and I'm pretty set on a set of TSWs (not sure which) I'm sure someone would want them though!

Originally Posted by JimmyM
I vote B only because I don't like all black rims on white cars. They do look good but just not my taste
The crazy thing is, I don't really like all black on wheels either, but I absolutely love the RTR rims and how they looks, if it were any other wheel, I don't think I would like it.

Originally Posted by SD6
I agree with above, I would vote B also.

But, aside from weight savings, new wheels are definitely all about STYLE. It's a reflection of your style and what you like. Doesn't matter what anybody else thinks.

Some of the most popular wheels out there look ugly to me, but that's my taste.
Just like white cars / black rims = like JimmyM, I don't like it, but most love it.

Even if 99/100 people pick option X, and you like option Y, you gotta go with Y!
Thanks! I'm just trying to get opinions, I'm so stuck on B and C, that I don't know which ones I want. :/ I feel like if I go with B ill regret it and wish I would of got C. And vice versa. Ugh, decisions, decisions. :/
Old 12/25/10, 10:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I ordered some TSWs. I'll weigh them if they really are as light as they say that is an amazing deal for 20" rims. They say they have 45mm offset for the front 9.5" wheel and 65mm of offset for the 10.5" rear wheel. So that is what I ordered. I didn't order the Nurburgring wheel They have another roll forged rim wheel I ordered it instead. It is supposed to be a bit lighter and is a design which at the moment is not as popular I don't like having what everyone else has. I love my wing and want to make it active so the back raises way up when I hit the brakes.
Old 12/26/10, 12:50 AM
GT Member

I ordered some TSWs. I'll weigh them if they really are as light as they say that is an amazing deal for 20" rims. They say they have 45mm offset for the front 9.5" wheel and 65mm of offset for the 10.5" rear wheel. So that is what I ordered. I didn't order the Nurburgring wheel They have another roll forged rim wheel I ordered it instead. It is supposed to be a bit lighter and is a design which at the moment is not as popular I don't like having what everyone else has. I love my wing and want to make it active so the back raises way up when I hit the brakes.
WOAH! I know what you're talking about. I think CDC (I may be wrong) makes one. I freaking love that thing. That will be epic!! Please post pics when you get your rims in. Since we have the same taste in rims, I would love to see what you got, and maybe I can "swag jack" you and copy them, if I haven't gotten some by then. ..And post pics if you get that brake wing thing!!
Old 12/26/10, 10:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by WhiteKnight
WOAH! I know what you're talking about. I think CDC (I may be wrong) makes one. I freaking love that thing. That will be epic!! Please post pics when you get your rims in. Since we have the same taste in rims, I would love to see what you got, and maybe I can "swag jack" you and copy them, if I haven't gotten some by then. ..And post pics if you get that brake wing thing!!

CDC had a prototype wing that flipped up for braking but I have never seen it for sale. Did you see the Veyron on Top Gear set fastest time its wing flips up for braking.
Old 12/28/10, 01:27 AM
GT Member

CDC had a prototype wing that flipped up for braking but I have never seen it for sale. Did you see the Veyron on Top Gear set fastest time its wing flips up for braking.
Was it this past episode? If it was, I haven't seen it yet. I didn't know it used it for braking too. I thought it was just used for downforce. But then again, for it to be able to stop from 60-0 in 2.3 seconds (i think) I knew it had to have some other form of braking.

I really want to see that episode, do you know anywhere I can watch the full shows?
Old 12/28/10, 09:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yep Veyron wing flips the back way up for breaking and actually retracts down to the body for top speed runs.

Under braking
Old 1/2/11, 11:10 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

C by far. For one thing I think wheels with odd number spokes look round and even number spokes look like polygons. A and D are based on 8 spokes, B is based on 10, and C is based on 7. 5,7,9 spoked or slipt spoked wheels just look right to me weird I guess. Once a wheel has more than 10 spokes the effect is diminished.
I have the same opinion and think the SVT wheels would look better if they were 7/14 spoke vs. 8/16 spoke. Did you get your wheels yet?

BTW I also like C. They will look great on your white V6.

Last edited by 5 DOT 0; 1/2/11 at 11:23 AM.
Old 1/2/11, 09:48 PM

Defenitly c! They would look great.
Old 1/2/11, 10:27 PM
GT Member

Yep Veyron wing flips the back way up for breaking and actually retracts down to the body for top speed runs.

Under braking
I never saw this post, sorry! I see what you mean now. I looked up a video on YouTube of that CDC prototype. And it's an awesome theory, but I just don't really see it necessary. Because it would look crazy if you were just sitting at a red light with this thing sticking up. Hahaha, just teasing man. It's an awesome thing, and I can't say I would never do it, unless I saw one.

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
I have the same opinion and think the SVT wheels would look better if they were 7/14 spoke vs. 8/16 spoke. Did you get your wheels yet?

BTW I also like C. They will look great on your white V6.
I love the SVT wheels. But, they're too much! haha.

Yeah, I did the GT front conversion, If I were to get them, do you think it would look bad with the front? I'm debating as whether or not they would. I kind of think all the black up front would be too much with those wheels.
Old 1/6/11, 06:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by WhiteKnight
I think the TSW Nurburgrings cost around $230 a wheel. Not an extreme difference, but a little bit cheaper. Hey, saving money is saving money. They come in just about everysize, but not a lot of offsets. I think you can only get 40-1mm offset on the back and 35&40mm on the front.
Show me where you can find these for that price.

Best I've seen is around $295 each for a 19" wheel. I'm really considering these over RTR's because of the better offset. I'm looking at 19x9 all around with a 32 offset. A 275 tire will fit perfect and I can rotate. I think the RTR's have a better finish though.
Old 1/7/11, 06:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Option C is my favorite.