Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

Review Raxiom Smoked Projection Halo Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 6/28/14, 11:50 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Review Raxiom Smoked Projection Halo Headlights

This product is a must have for any person looking to give an aggressive facelift to their pony, This install took a total of 2 hours and not a difficult process although it does take longer than 1 hour indicated on the shown AM video. The quality of this product is excellent and a perfect OEM fit. I had ordered a 35W 6000k HID set to go with this kit, however I ordered the wrong bulb size and need to do an exchange.

This product comes with already installed halogen bulbs however if someone wants more light output then a HID kit will do the trick. Our factory OEM bulbs are H13 and this Raxiom kit DOES NOT USE H13 OEM SIZE BULBS! This Raxiom headlight kit uses H9 bulbs so If you choose to order an HID kit, remember to order H9 bulb kit.*

Until I get my HID kit I am currently using the provided H9 halogen bulbs. I have read the reviews on this product and a common complaint was about the halogen H9 bulbs horrible light output. I have to honestly say, really don't understand all the complaints about that bulb. I drove over 8 miles last night around 10:30 p.m. on a one lane, out in the country road, with no street lights, no cars in front or behind me and had no issues seeing the road and the light output was good, I won't say the light output was great but certainly good and again no issues seeing the road. Also, this review is coming from a person who has 50% tint on the front windshield and this product has smoked lenses too boot.

The only thing I don't like about its halogen bulbs is the light output was too yellow for my taste and love the look of that high intensity bright white light of HID's. The halo color is pure white and looks amazing and having that yellow beam of light is no go for me. The halo light is also real bright along with the sweet three LED lights under the parking amber marker.

I do recommend getting 35W 6000K HID's for those who want a pure white beam of light and looking for a higher light output. Also, after the install the headlights are directed to far down so make sure you raise the beam higher and that will help with the light output as well. This product is excellent and highly recommend!

Name:  ForumRunner_20140629_015031.jpg
Views: 1162
Size:  21.8 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20140629_015003.jpg
Views: 1012
Size:  21.1 KB
Old 6/29/14, 07:10 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Looks good
Old 6/29/14, 09:19 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB
Looks good
Thanks bro!
Old 6/30/14, 08:12 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
This product is a must have for any person looking to give an aggressive facelift to their pony, This install took a total of 2 hours and not a difficult process although it does take longer than 1 hour indicated on the shown AM video. The quality of this product is excellent and a perfect OEM fit. I had ordered a 35W 6000k HID set to go with this kit, however I ordered the wrong bulb size and need to do an exchange.

This product comes with already installed halogen bulbs however if someone wants more light output then a HID kit will do the trick. Our factory OEM bulbs are H13 and this Raxiom kit DOES NOT USE H13 OEM SIZE BULBS! This Raxiom headlight kit uses H9 bulbs so If you choose to order an HID kit, remember to order H9 bulb kit.*

Until I get my HID kit I am currently using the provided H9 halogen bulbs. I have read the reviews on this product and a common complaint was about the halogen H9 bulbs horrible light output. I have to honestly say, really don't understand all the complaints about that bulb. I drove over 8 miles last night around 10:30 p.m. on a one lane, out in the country road, with no street lights, no cars in front or behind me and had no issues seeing the road and the light output was good, I won't say the light output was great but certainly good and again no issues seeing the road. Also, this review is coming from a person who has 50% tint on the front windshield and this product has smoked lenses too boot.

The only thing I don't like about its halogen bulbs is the light output was too yellow for my taste and love the look of that high intensity bright white light of HID's. The halo color is pure white and looks amazing and having that yellow beam of light is no go for me. The halo light is also real bright along with the sweet three LED lights under the parking amber marker.

I do recommend getting 35W 6000K HID's for those who want a pure white beam of light and looking for a higher light output. Also, after the install the headlights are directed to far down so make sure you raise the beam higher and that will help with the light output as well. This product is excellent and highly recommend!
Great review! I'm glad to hear you're really enjoying the lights. They really do look awesome on your Mustang! They compliment your Raxiom DRL's really well.

Keep up the great work with your Mustang and let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future!

-Dan
Old 6/30/14, 10:02 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer

Great review! I'm glad to hear you're really enjoying the lights. They really do look awesome on your Mustang! They compliment your Raxiom DRL's really well.

Keep up the great work with your Mustang and let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future!

-Dan
Thanks Dan, I also wrote the same review on the AM website product review.
Old 7/1/14, 04:33 AM
GT Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
The problem isn't the bulb, its the smoked lens. I'm surprised those aftermarket projectors use H9 bulbs. Most aftermarket headlights use H1 bulbs and poor performing projectors. Any output shots / beam pattern pics of these Raxiom headlights?

BTW, H9 is the brightest normal halogen bulb you can buy: 2100 lumen, 65 watts. The only brighter halogen bulbs may be some higher wattage aftermarket ones with dubious claims.

Last edited by VIP1; 7/1/14 at 04:39 AM.
Old 7/1/14, 04:36 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by VIP1
The problem isn't the bulb, its the smoked lens.
Worse. The problem is, it's raxiom.
Old 7/1/14, 11:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
The beam pattern is the flat sharp cutoff with a slight rise in the center so that the right side is several inches higher than the left:

They would seem to be appropriate for HID use although I would stick to 35W due to possible heat problems with the plastic housing.

I put mine on originally almost four years ago. I recently had to replace them because the front lens cover was delaminating. I was surprised to see the difference in the new set. The original set were all black but had a clear front lens cover. That gave the blacked out look yet still provided unobstructed light output. The replacement set is exactly the same except that the lens cover is now smoked plastic. The overall appearance is only slightly darker but the light output is significantly diminished. I had replaced the stupid blue tinted H9 bulbs that were included with regular clear bulbs and been very satisfied with the light output but now I may have to consider an HID kit just to compensate for the smoked lens. Just another example of style winning out over function... what a shame - especially when it comes to lighting.
Old 7/2/14, 12:36 AM
GT Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
So far, that beam pattern looks better than some other aftermarket projectors I've seen. Can you take another pic standing further back so as to show more of the width?

Also, I thought they still made two black versions:
* Clear Lens
* Smoked Lens
Both are black plastic inside though.

EDIT: Quick look on AM's site only shows smoked and chrome. I guess they don't offer a black one with a clear lens anymore. That is a dumb move on their part.

Last edited by VIP1; 7/2/14 at 12:41 AM.
Old 7/6/14, 07:43 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VIP1
So far, that beam pattern looks better than some other aftermarket projectors I've seen. Can you take another pic standing further back so as to show more of the width?

Also, I thought they still made two black versions:
* Clear Lens
* Smoked Lens
Both are black plastic inside though.

EDIT: Quick look on AM's site only shows smoked and chrome. I guess they don't offer a black one with a clear lens anymore. That is a dumb move on their part.
Sorry for the thread jack, but does anyone know how to post a thread from the Android app for this?

I have a question about smoked headlights