Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

Custom Track Pack faux gas cap by Emblempros

Search this Thread

Old 6/18/14, 01:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Custom Track Pack faux gas cap by Emblempros

Since Ford does not tag track pack cars, I thought this would be a nice touch in a way that looks like it could have come from the factory that way. The words "track pack" are done in the same font as the Cali Spec gas cap. The GT part can be done in stainless and adhered to the surface (to achieve the true factory look), but I went with it being etched and painted in from the back. It is all protected and self contained this way. Here is a pic of it along with a CS cap for comparison.

Name:  image-759639989.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  13.1 KB

Name:  image-1876847790.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  16.2 KB
Old 6/20/14, 09:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's a reason they don't tag track pack cars.
Old 6/21/14, 11:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by mikeyt03
What is it? Lol

I think this is actually kinda cool. I would've done it exactly like the CS emblem with the GT raised though...
Old 6/30/14, 12:25 AM

Well??

Originally Posted by laserred38
What is it? Lol I think this is actually kinda cool. I would've done it exactly like the CS emblem with the GT raised though...
Thanks, I'm curious to see how it would come out w raised gt
Old 7/1/14, 07:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

The same reason they don't badge cars with security and comfort package. It's an option, not a specialty vehicle.
Old 7/3/14, 02:02 AM

The same reason they don't badge cars with security and comfort package. It's an option, not a specialty vehicle.
Calif special is an option too right?..except it's full of bogus fru-fru features that certainly do not warrant a special badge...what do u get, alcantara inserts and an ugly spoiler? Comparing comfort and security pkgs to the track pkg is just silly talk...doesn't make sense. Not saying it's a specialty vehicle, cuz those are usually marketing gimmicks anyway...particularly the CS and bullitt cars. The tp faux cap is nothing more than a unique, yet subtle, nod to a usable option that I'm happy to have. Thx for your feedback
Old 7/3/14, 02:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Uncle Jonfrey

Calif special is an option too right?..except it's full of bogus fru-fru features that certainly do not warrant a special badge...what do u get, alcantara inserts and an ugly spoiler? Comparing comfort and security pkgs to the track pkg is just silly talk...doesn't make sense. Not saying it's a specialty vehicle, cuz those are usually marketing gimmicks anyway...particularly the CS and bullitt cars. The tp faux cap is nothing more than a unique, yet subtle, nod to a usable option that I'm happy to have. Thx for your feedback
Ouch, some one got their feathers ruffled .

California Special is a package that started in 1968 IIRC. It's an appearance package that includes side scoops, spoiler, GT/CS front facia and rear diffuser, unique rims, CF accents, grille and better fog light location. It had special badges in 1968, and it gets special badges in the current retro styling lol.

Btw, I like your faux gas cap. Not keen on the proportions though, but it's a nice touch. The words look too small compared to the GT logo.

Last edited by KushBandit; 7/3/14 at 02:15 AM.
Old 7/3/14, 01:06 PM

Something different, and it's your personal touch.. Looks good..
Old 7/3/14, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by KushBandit
Ouch, some one got their feathers ruffled . California Special is a package that started in 1968 IIRC. It's an appearance package that includes side scoops, spoiler, GT/CS front facia and rear diffuser, unique rims, CF accents, grille and better fog light location. It had special badges in 1968, and it gets special badges in the current retro styling lol. Btw, I like your faux gas cap. Not keen on the proportions though, but it's a nice touch. The words look too small compared to the GT logo.
Yea my feathers were ruffled lol, sorry for that Mikeyt. Got home late last night to discover my AC was not working, so I was up late sweating and unable to sleep.

My apologies to the CS owners out there as well, I almost bought one myself actually. For me, the money was better spent on the performance side.

I need to get the dang thing installed so I can post better pics. Thanks for your opinions guys, and have a Happy 4th!
Old 7/7/14, 09:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yea my feathers were ruffled lol, sorry for that Mikeyt. Got home late last night to discover my AC was not working, so I was up late sweating and unable to sleep. My apologies to the CS owners out there as well, I almost bought one myself actually. For me, the money was better spent on the performance side. I need to get the dang thing installed so I can post better pics. Thanks for your opinions guys, and have a Happy 4th!
No prob man. Nice car!
Old 7/7/14, 11:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea my feathers were ruffled lol, sorry for that Mikeyt. Got home late last night to discover my AC was not working, so I was up late sweating and unable to sleep.

My apologies to the CS owners out there as well, I almost bought one myself actually. For me, the money was better spent on the performance side.

I need to get the dang thing installed so I can post better pics. Thanks for your opinions guys, and have a Happy 4th!
Too be fair, the CS is a "fru-fru package" as you said haha . It doesn't add performance, and you can't even get brembos with the GT/CS package, because the rims can't clear them. If anything, the package adds weight and maybe some better aerodynamics(front facia, rear diffuser and spoiler), but I'm doubtful on the latter lol.

It's like the late '70s Pontiac Trans Ams all over again haha.

I think the only reason Ford put "California Special" on the faux gas cap is because most people probably wouldn't like the original style badging, I know I wouldn't dig it lol.
Attached Thumbnails Custom Track Pack faux gas cap by Emblempros-image-3841624877.jpg  
Old 7/7/14, 11:39 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
I think it looks pretty nice, you did a good job.