Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

Post your Mustang StripeS , pictures & discussion in here

Search this Thread

Old 2/8/13, 10:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Hey, don't take any opinion I post personally, its just observations. I don't have any room to talk, I haven't done anything to mine. Its bone stock and just like hundreds of others out there, nothing at all to distinguish it from the them, just plain Jane. But I like it, and you like yours, that's all that matters.
Oh no I was not offended. I respect other opinions and I did consider them. In fact your opinion and others like it helped me look and consider multiple designs to come up with the best one. I was merely thanking the different camps for their opinions even if some differ from mine.
Old 2/9/13, 05:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BRADGTCS
stripesand tint as well as window design. Car is dirty but here they are.
I read all the opinions about your car..
i respect each of any opinion posted in here.( dont take it personal, just take it as observations)
some people says lose the hood spears others lose the pins,hood shaker and stripes...
those opinion are valid.. but in the end of the day, no one pay your car except you.. along if you are happy with the mods you have made.

Botton of the line.
Stabb3d by girl opinion:
The only thing that i dont like is the big pony in the back glass ( is to big for my tastes)overall your car looks Great because is different to all other mustang cars.

Btw: Just a couple of people dont like glass sticker. is all depend of taste.. i have a small decal in the back glass of my car (check out my car Building tread).. I LUV THAT DECAL!!! i dont going to loose that for NON OF YOU, NO1 PAY MY CAR!!! hahaha just kidding : p xoxoxoxx

Last edited by STABB3D BY GiRL; 2/9/13 at 06:00 AM.
Old 2/9/13, 07:19 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I say drop hood spears, side stripes, and back windshield decal. I'm with the others, clean is better. Black stripes on a white car will still be a very stand out look. But that's just my opinion. You've taken others opinions very well so far and I hope you take this one the same

And hey if you still want a side stripe that shows its a gt/cs, I say drop it to the rocker where the gt500 stripe is and put the letters there
Old 2/9/13, 07:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 06blackvertstang
I say drop hood spears, side stripes, and back windshield decal. I'm with the others, clean is better. Black stripes on a white car will still be a very stand out look. But that's just my opinion. You've taken others opinions very well so far and I hope you take this one the same

And hey if you still want a side stripe that shows its a gt/cs, I say drop it to the rocker where the gt500 stripe is and put the letters there
The one rule I have is I will not remove or change anything that is unique to the California Special and I may end up doing something with the spears but will wait and see while evaluating it. OMG did I just do Politician speak
Old 2/9/13, 11:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

The one rule I have is I will not remove or change anything that is unique to the California Special and I may end up doing something with the spears but will wait and see while evaluating it. OMG did I just do Politician speak
I see adding stuff to the California special the same as taking away from it. You're adding all these mods that's aren't a part of the CS, but just leaving a few stickers and main body parts.
Old 2/9/13, 01:56 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by blairnr67

I see adding stuff to the California special the same as taking away from it. You're adding all these mods that's aren't a part of the CS, but just leaving a few stickers and main body parts.
+1 well said
Old 2/9/13, 03:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

I really have to say something here and it is not meant to be mean. But many people say they love what I have done. I have done what I have done and even talked about why. But what I find that is so odd is that the purist, (the ones who tend to believe in few mods and more of a plain Jane) are actually trying to convince me of their opinion. The opinion is just that. It was my choice and I don't even have to explain why but I did because I think understanding others viewpoints make us better people. In real life it looks sweet and I have gotten raves over it already from many mustang owners. I went to a garage tour today and many were standing around my car and checking it out. So no need to try to continue to convince me of your opinion.
Old 2/9/13, 03:54 PM
MJJ
Bullitt Member

I really have to say something here and it is not meant to be mean. But many people say they love what I have done. I have done what I have done and even talked about why. But what I find that is so odd is that the purist, (the ones who tend to believe in few mods and more of a plain Jane) are actually trying to convince me of their opinion. The opinion is just that. It was my choice and I don't even have to explain why but I did because I think understanding others viewpoints make us better people. In real life it looks sweet and I have gotten raves over it already from many mustang owners. I went to a garage tour today and many were standing around my car and checking it out. So no need to try to continue to convince me of your opinion.
Kudos to you. Well said.

There is a third camp (tastefully modded).

Falls between Stock and the "corvette summer" camps (young readers ...google corvette summer for the visual).

This tastefully modded camp has a wide range of perspective. It is good to be different.

Just don't go to the Corvette summer camp.
Old 2/9/13, 06:34 PM
Banned

tastefully modded.

I feel that my car is tastefully modded and I get stares and finger points all the time. Then again how outta place does a Grabber Blue/white stripe GT w/ California Special bits look in Downtown Washington DC?
Old 2/9/13, 09:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

I let my exhaust get me all the looks. When I fire that bad boy up, everyone turns and looks thinking I'm driving a race car.
Old 2/10/13, 01:20 AM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by MJJ

Kudos to you. Well said.

There is a third camp (tastefully modded).

Falls between Stock and the "corvette summer" camps (young readers ...google corvette summer for the visual).

This tastefully modded camp has a wide range of perspective. It is good to be different.

Just don't go to the Corvette summer camp.
Best. Vette mods. Ever
Attached Images  
Old 2/10/13, 03:10 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
tastefully modded.

I feel that my car is tastefully modded and I get stares and finger points all the time. Then again how outta place does a Grabber Blue/white stripe GT w/ California Special bits look in Downtown Washington DC?
Murrica!!!!
Old 2/10/13, 07:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Smile

We all like our Mustangs and we all have a vision of how we want it to be for us. Enjoy your Mustang and make it what you want it to be. But , if you ask for opinions ,be prepared to accept them in a gracious way. The same goes for the folks that like to give their opinions.
Old 2/10/13, 08:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by karrnutt
We all like our Mustangs and we all have a vision of how we want it to be for us. Enjoy your Mustang and make it what you want it to be. But , if you ask for opinions ,be prepared to accept them in a gracious way. The same goes for the folks that like to give their opinions.

+1
Old 2/10/13, 10:57 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Wow haha lots of funny comments. And yeah, you put your car out you'll get comments. And I agree. Do what you want. But I do have to correct you on the "plain jane" part. Others have brought up that there is the "tastefully modded" group. I like to think of it at simplicity. Lots of cars don't need dress ups to just make them look sooo dang good. For a mustang example, I always come back to digital synapse. His stance and wheels completely make that car (and his photography skills haha). So subtle mods can do more. But at the same time you have your car and ricksgt/cs that look stinking awesome with stripes and decals and everything. To each their own, I just wanted to point out its simplicity and not plain Jane.
Old 2/10/13, 10:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by karrnutt
Aaaaagreeed!
Old 2/10/13, 11:03 AM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Different owners can pull off different styles too. But in the end its your car and your money and OP in my eyes your doin it right
Old 2/10/13, 11:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

yeah The point I was trying to make was I do value others opinions but when they were given and I tried to explain my thought process and style, Some of the responses then appear to be shoved down my throat. I am sure it was all unintentional but I thought it was worth pointing out. Peace to all I am not upset or mad.
Old 2/10/13, 04:31 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

yeah The point I was trying to make was I do value others opinions but when they were given and I tried to explain my thought process and style, Some of the responses then appear to be shoved down my throat. I am sure it was all unintentional but I thought it was worth pointing out. Peace to all I am not upset or mad.
It's always so hard to tell on the Internet. Not good
Old 2/10/13, 04:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Name:  Stripes001_zps3c532c1d.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  2.42 MB
Name:  Stripes002_zps91af3e9a.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  2.50 MB
Name:  Stripes003_zps5adf6295.jpg
Views: 239