Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

One touch turn signal

Search this Thread

Old 12/26/13, 10:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One touch turn signal

just thought i would let you all know, i installed the one touch today, would have been a quick job but i didn't realize when i found the violet/white wire there were two others that i found later one when i was frustrated because my right blinker didn't work anyway just wanted to share that the instructions on americanmuscle.com are slightly different than the ones supplied. Step 4a on their website say to hook up the blue/brown wire...that would be wrong. that maybe correct for some cars i guess but not the 2013. i couldn't be happier with the end result to be honest i have missed the one touch everyday since i sold my BMW. let me know if you have any questions.
Old 12/26/13, 10:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

its a great feature. came on my camaro and my sierra and once you get use to using it its kinda hard to drive a car with out one. took me a little while to get use to not having it on my mustang. i plan to add it sometime soon.
Old 12/27/13, 09:00 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by foreman05
just thought i would let you all know, i installed the one touch today, would have been a quick job but i didn't realize when i found the violet/white wire there were two others that i found later one when i was frustrated because my right blinker didn't work anyway just wanted to share that the instructions on americanmuscle.com are slightly different than the ones supplied. Step 4a on their website say to hook up the blue/brown wire...that would be wrong. that maybe correct for some cars i guess but not the 2013. i couldn't be happier with the end result to be honest i have missed the one touch everyday since i sold my BMW. let me know if you have any questions.
I'm glad to hear you're really enjoying the One Touch turn signal. That's a great feature, it's definitely convenient!

I'm going to look into the installation guide on our website and make sure that it's all the correct information and that we specify what years those instructions are for! Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it.

-Dan
Old 12/29/13, 07:50 PM
GT Member

I'm planning on ordering one of these modules very soon, my room mate has this function on his 13 fusion and I thought it was a great idea, so it's going on my car very soon
Old 12/29/13, 08:45 PM

Drove up to DC this weekend, i used the blinker about a thousand times and it worked every time unless you hold it just a little to long or give it to short of a flick.

Dan, i'm not sure if it is a year thing or not. What i do know is that the '13 has the two violet/white wires and one purple/white. as long as people follow the instructions provided and find the violet/white wire that goes into the #43 pin there shouldn't be any issues...unless their like me and start cutting the first wires you find ha.
Old 7/29/14, 06:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No Longer Available?!

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
I'm glad to hear you're really enjoying the One Touch turn signal. That's a great feature, it's definitely convenient!

I'm going to look into the installation guide on our website and make sure that it's all the correct information and that we specify what years those instructions are for! Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it.

-Dan

Hey Dan,

I went to order this hot little item and noticed its been pulled from your stock.

Can you tell me what's up? Really REALLY want to get one of these ordered ASAP.

Thanks!
Old 7/29/14, 07:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

I have the one touch on my jeep and I was thinking this morning on the drive to work how it would be great to add it to the mustang.

Just when I thought I was good on mods for now.....
Old 7/29/14, 07:52 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
I used the Web Electric kit on my 06 and it was great.
Old 7/29/14, 08:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by WordySanchez
Hey Dan,
I went to order this hot little item and noticed its been pulled from your stock.
WARNING - Just to let you know they probably pulled them from sales due to a lot don't work. I attempted every wiring configuration there was. I consulted a couple people on sites and one of two also sent there's back because it didn't work. I even emailed the manufacture twice and never got a response. AM took it back no questions asked.
I sure wished it would have worked because it's a great idea!
Old 7/29/14, 12:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

you can order from the webelectric site directly. same price and a buck for shipping.

I'm going to take a chance and order one. it has 25 positive reviews on the AM site. from what I can see it is simply a capacitor. if it doesn't work it's either the cap or how its wired in. from what I can tell, the color designations may have been off in the instructions and people were installing them the wrong way, unbeknownst to them. I will confirm colors and harness positions on a wiring diagram before installing to make sure it works. hopefully will have it by the weekend.

Last edited by bones302; 7/29/14 at 12:44 PM.
Old 7/29/14, 01:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by bones302
you can order from the webelectric site directly. same price and a buck for shipping.

I'm going to take a chance and order one. it has 25 positive reviews on the AM site. from what I can see it is simply a capacitor. if it doesn't work it's either the cap or how its wired in. from what I can tell, the color designations may have been off in the instructions and people were installing them the wrong way, unbeknownst to them. I will confirm colors and harness positions on a wiring diagram before installing to make sure it works. hopefully will have it by the weekend.
If you get it to work please PM me on your wiring setup. I've been doing electrical wiring in cars in one form or another for many, many years and this was the first item I can remember that I could not get an item to function. I think I just had a bad one and I believe that's the problem (lot's of bad ones being sold). Since webelectic did not respond to my multiple emails for support I didn't want to try another one. I'm wondering (but doubtful) if the 2013 is different from earlier models.

Last edited by GT50GO; 7/29/14 at 01:06 PM.
Old 7/31/14, 12:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

I can confirm the wire colors for the 2010-2012s are correct after double checking against the wiring diagrams. as previously stated, there are at least 2 other violet and white wires, so you really need to go by harness pin position number, not color. color should be confirmation that you got the right pin number ( I didn't see any reference to blue/brwn wire in directions, though)

I don't have access to 13+ wiring diagrams, but I have to think the connector position numbers are the same.

The instructions clearly show the proper connectors and pin numbers to use. it look straightforward enough, but I won't be able to confirm until this weekend when I install it.
Old 7/31/14, 05:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by bones302
I can confirm the wire colors for the 2010-2012s are correct after double checking against the wiring diagrams. as previously stated, there are at least 2 other violet and white wires, so you really need to go by harness pin position number, not color. color should be confirmation that you got the right pin number ( I didn't see any reference to blue/brwn wire in directions, though)

I don't have access to 13+ wiring diagrams, but I have to think the connector position numbers are the same.

The instructions clearly show the proper connectors and pin numbers to use. it look straightforward enough, but I won't be able to confirm until this weekend when I install it.
Yes I used the harness position number as my guide then when that didn't work I tried the other violet / white wires. I think I just got a bad one but since I got no response from there technical support I didn't think it would be wise to get another one unless I know they work LOL.
Thanks
Old 8/3/14, 10:03 AM
Bullitt Member

I received two defective ones from AM. The third was sent directly from the vendor, Web Electric, I think, and it worked.