Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

Installed new CDC Chin Spoiler today

Search this Thread

Old 7/24/12, 12:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice lookin mod
Old 7/24/12, 09:26 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by CDC Jake
If you'd like me to explain it a little better, I'd be more than happy to speak with you over private message so we can get your fitment issue worked out! However, if you're content with your CDC Chin Spoiler now, that's even better! It does look fantastic on your Grabber Blue just as it does on the OP's Race Red!
CDC Jake,
Thanks SO much for your tips, props, and pics. As mentioned I am OK with leaving my spoiler alone, especially given the re-work require to perfect things. The GOOD news is that your post has restored my enthusiasm to a point where I would "highly recommend" this spoiler to someone else, considering there is a rather simple solution/way to avoid the minor fitment issue altogether.

I have two remaining issues with my CDC chin spoiler - It's tough cleaning bug guts off of it, and I already have two unfortunate scrapes on mine from hitting it on a protruding manhole cover at the end of a ramp. I think the marks are pretty much there for the duration unless I want to paint my entire spoiler. Maybe someday, but not today; it's only a minor annoyance. Once I retired my Mustang from DD duty I didn't have to worry about that manhole cover anymore, thankfully...
Old 7/25/12, 12:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Double-EDad
I have two remaining issues with my CDC chin spoiler - It's tough cleaning bug guts off of it, and I already have two unfortunate scrapes on mine from hitting it on a protruding manhole cover at the end of a ramp. I think the marks are pretty much there for the duration unless I want to paint my entire spoiler. Maybe someday, but not today; it's only a minor annoyance. Once I retired my Mustang from DD duty I didn't have to worry about that manhole cover anymore, thankfully...
Yeah, I understand your pain with the low clearance on a CDC Chin Spoiler. I just helped put one on my brother's 2012 Grabber Blue GT and he's lowered 1.5" as well. On a daily driver, I'm not surprised you ran into a few issues out on the road! However, I'm glad to hear that's all in the past. If you ever have any questions regarding your CDC Chin or anything else we offer, don't hesitate to ask!
Old 9/9/12, 09:53 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by CDC Jake
PJRManagement, not a problem! I hope you had a great vacation.

Below is an image of the clip on each side of the Chin Spoiler that I'm talking about. It should be positioned like it is in this picture rather than the way the instructions say. We're in the process of changing that in our instructions to prevent future problems.

Rotated this way, the clip shouldn't be pressing against your Mustang's fascia so there will be no gap on the sides and it should stay flush with the body.

Unfortunately, your chin has been on long enough that in order to do this correctly, your best move would be to completely remove the chin, strip off the original 3M tape, re-apply new 3M tape, and install the chin once again with the clip adjustment. The new adhesive will help give you a flawless look rather than risking the use of the original tape after taking off and re-installing the chin. I hope this helps with your problem and I'm sorry about the complication! Regardless, that chin does look fantastic on your car!
---
Hi Jake, I sent you a PM.