Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

Installed new CDC Chin Spoiler today

Search this Thread

Old 3/16/12, 07:58 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Installed new CDC Chin Spoiler today

Installed new CDC Chin Spoiler today. Love the way it looks. Keeping it matt-black, to match the rocker panels and rear valence. Install was pretty easy, with the exception of two really hard-to-access downward facing screws. I have two questions please:
1) The fit on the sides is not perfect, not totally flush with the body, any one else have this issue (maybe I'm just being a perfectionist)?
2) Do I need to re-install the stock splash shield underneath?
Pics:

Old 3/18/12, 09:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks good
Old 3/18/12, 09:30 AM
Calgon Take Me Away!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Looks awesome
Old 3/18/12, 02:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looks great I like that lip
Old 3/18/12, 07:11 PM

Thanks for the positive comments. I did re-install the lower splash shield, it was not part of the instructions, but it belongs on there for protection.
Old 7/8/12, 11:19 AM
Bullitt Member

What about that gap in the first pic did you fix that ? Im thinking of ordering one.
Old 7/8/12, 12:00 PM
GTR Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
I like that alot
Old 7/9/12, 08:55 AM
Banned

Great looking Chin Spoiler! I think this chin looks especially good on Race Red Mustangs because of the deep contrast. Your Mustang looks amazing!

Regarding the fitment issues you're facing, there's a small clip on both sides of the Chin Spoiler right where you're having the issue on each side of the fascia. If you pull off the Chin Spoiler enough to gain access to them, rotate them 90 degrees so they're positioned vertically (front to back on the car) rather than side to side. I know our instructions say otherwise, but a small number of these Chin Spoilers seem to be having an issue because of it. Let me know if this helps!

Also, feel free to message me with any questions or additional details so I can make sure you're satisfied with your CDC Chin Spoiler.

Best Regards,
Jake
Old 7/9/12, 05:50 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Looks good!
Old 7/10/12, 08:00 PM

Thanks, for the comments, guys. I'm on vacation, so I will try CDCJake's idea when I get home. The gap is tiny, and only noticable by me (O.C.D. I guess!). I'll let RM2092 know how it goes when I get back to the car.
Old 7/10/12, 09:24 PM

Looks great man, installed mine last week too !
Attached Thumbnails Installed new CDC Chin Spoiler today-image-1064703439.jpg   Installed new CDC Chin Spoiler today-image-3664276700.jpg   Installed new CDC Chin Spoiler today-image-3663878047.jpg  
Old 7/11/12, 07:46 AM
V6 Member

Looks very nice....

Dj_Stang, I like the gas cap on that color...
Old 7/11/12, 08:03 AM
Cobra R Member

I had the same gap, more on passenger side than driver's side, but overall I'd give it a grade of 94 or 95 - Good enough for me, but a real perfectionist may have an issue. With the fit being great except for that one side, it just appears the spoiler needed to be about 1/16" - 1/8" longer in that area.

Because it's been 8 months since I did mine I am not fully understanding CDC's advice above re rotating a clip. Peter if you do that, please post an update on here to help those of us who haven't yet installed a CDC spoiler or those (like me) who did so long enough ago that their Dory-like memory fails them. I figured that with the application of the double-sided tape to the painted area it's now set-in-stone and won't be moved.

But I DO enjoy the fact that the "pork chop sideburns" are finally gone.
Attached Thumbnails Installed new CDC Chin Spoiler today-strike-pose-small.jpg  

Last edited by Double-EDad; 7/11/12 at 08:09 AM.
Old 7/11/12, 08:08 AM
Bullitt Member

My problem I'm OCD it that sounds like it would really aggravate me, I have traded so many cars and sport bikes because of stupid things.
Old 7/11/12, 12:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Double-EDad
Because it's been 8 months since I did mine I am not fully understanding CDC's advice above re rotating a clip. Peter if you do that, please post an update on here to help those of us who haven't yet installed a CDC spoiler or those (like me) who did so long enough ago that their Dory-like memory fails them. I figured that with the application of the double-sided tape to the painted area it's now set-in-stone and won't be moved.

But I DO enjoy the fact that the "pork chop sideburns" are finally gone.
If you'd like me to explain it a little better, I'd be more than happy to speak with you over private message so we can get your fitment issue worked out! However, if you're content with your CDC Chin Spoiler now, that's even better! It does look fantastic on your Grabber Blue just as it does on the OP's Race Red!
Old 7/13/12, 09:50 PM

I'm still on vacation, get home next week, I will look for CDCJake's recommendation on my vehicle's application and post my results (if any).
Old 7/23/12, 10:01 PM

clips?

Originally Posted by CDC Jake
If you'd like me to explain it a little better, I'd be more than happy to speak with you over private message so we can get your fitment issue worked out! However, if you're content with your CDC Chin Spoiler now, that's even better! It does look fantastic on your Grabber Blue just as it does on the OP's Race Red!
---
Hi Jake, mine is fully installed for over nine months now. With the double-stick tape used on the sides, I'd be afraid to begin to pry it away from the body. Also, I do not recall any clips like you mention during my install. Can you show some pics of this so that myself, Eric, and others may see what you are referring to? Thanks.
Pete
Old 7/24/12, 07:10 AM
Banned

PJRManagement, not a problem! I hope you had a great vacation.

Below is an image of the clip on each side of the Chin Spoiler that I'm talking about. It should be positioned like it is in this picture rather than the way the instructions say. We're in the process of changing that in our instructions to prevent future problems.

Name:  chinspoilerclip2.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  21.7 KB

Rotated this way, the clip shouldn't be pressing against your Mustang's fascia so there will be no gap on the sides and it should stay flush with the body.

Unfortunately, your chin has been on long enough that in order to do this correctly, your best move would be to completely remove the chin, strip off the original 3M tape, re-apply new 3M tape, and install the chin once again with the clip adjustment. The new adhesive will help give you a flawless look rather than risking the use of the original tape after taking off and re-installing the chin. I hope this helps with your problem and I'm sorry about the complication! Regardless, that chin does look fantastic on your car!
Old 7/24/12, 09:55 AM

Thanks, Jake. Another 3 hours on my back? Can't do it, buddy. Too old these days! I'm the only one that notices the gaps, they are like 1/4 inch on each side. I'll leave it for now. If I decide to change it later, I'll reach out to you for help. Thanks, again.
Old 7/24/12, 12:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PJRManagement
Thanks, Jake. Another 3 hours on my back? Can't do it, buddy. Too old these days! I'm the only one that notices the gaps, they are like 1/4 inch on each side. I'll leave it for now. If I decide to change it later, I'll reach out to you for help. Thanks, again.
Anytime, PJR! Don't hesitate to reach out if you ever need help. Sorry about the slight inconvenience of the gap. I'm with you when it comes to noticing the little things that nobody else ever will. It's a Mustang owner thing!

Quick Reply: Installed new CDC Chin Spoiler today