Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

Headlights With Black Housing

Search this Thread

Old 8/15/14, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Headlights With Black Housing

Hi, hopefully this is in the right spot.

I have a white 2012 that i'm looking to do a black/white theme on it. I wanted to do headlight/tail light tints, but they're not legal here, so I was hoping to find some clear lens headlights with black housing, but the only thing i've seen are the raxiom with the halo accents. i'm not interested in the halo accents, but the black housing looks great. Anyone know of anything similar?

Name:  QDQzLOW.png
Views: 3
Size:  219.9 KB
Old 8/16/14, 08:15 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

3m makes a tinted clear bra which would help protect your headlights in the long run as well as giving you a darker, but not black, look you're trying to get.

For other headlights that are almost all black on the inside go to mrbodykit.com. Sounds silly, but they have stock looking headlights where but the amber lights are clear or crystal. Much better than the raxiom I think.
Old 8/22/14, 07:18 AM
GT Member

What about these http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...ts-Black-10-14
Old 8/28/14, 08:32 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by afmo_13
Hi, hopefully this is in the right spot.

I have a white 2012 that i'm looking to do a black/white theme on it. I wanted to do headlight/tail light tints, but they're not legal here, so I was hoping to find some clear lens headlights with black housing, but the only thing i've seen are the raxiom with the halo accents. i'm not interested in the halo accents, but the black housing looks great. Anyone know of anything similar?
Glad you like the Raxiom lights! The Black housing really does look great. Stay tuned! I know Raxiom is working on a black housing version that doesn't have a tinted screen..

-Dan
Old 8/31/14, 04:20 PM

i hear alot of folks mention that they would like a set of headlights with black housing and projectors but without halos! do you know if raxiom has anything in the works? i bet they would be a big seller
Old 9/1/14, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by 5.0verkill
i hear alot of folks mention that they would like a set of headlights with black housing and projectors but without halos! do you know if raxiom has anything in the works? i bet they would be a big seller
Agreed....I would be in for a set. I dislike the halo's around the projectors
Old 9/4/14, 09:10 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
Glad you like the Raxiom lights! The Black housing really does look great. Stay tuned! I know Raxiom is working on a black housing version that doesn't have a tinted screen..

-Dan
Didn't Raxiom offer black housings with clear lenses a while back? I swear I've seen pics of them.

Any word on when they would be available? I have HIDs in my smoked Raxioms, and while I love the style, the smoked lenses diffuse the light output.
Old 9/13/14, 03:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Yes, Raxiom did have black housing/clear lens projector headlights a couple of years ago but they now only sell black housing/smoke lens. Other suppliers sell the identical lamps in black housing/clear lens but without the Raxiom name. You get a 1-year warranty rather than 2-year but otherwise the housings are identical even down to the casting numbers and DOT specs (I have both and have compared them side-by-side). I had to buy the other brand because the smoke lens of the Raxiom takes an unacceptable toll on headlight effectiveness.

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...-Headlight-Kit

Personally I like the halo and have them wired as DRL but they are powered by a separate wire so you don't have to use them if you don't like them. Without power they simply look like a glass surround for the projector lens.

Last edited by WhiteBird00; 9/13/14 at 03:22 PM.
Old 9/14/14, 01:32 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
Yes, Raxiom did have black housing/clear lens projector headlights a couple of years ago but they now only sell black housing/smoke lens. Other suppliers sell the identical lamps in black housing/clear lens but without the Raxiom name. You get a 1-year warranty rather than 2-year but otherwise the housings are identical even down to the casting numbers and DOT specs (I have both and have compared them side-by-side). I had to buy the other brand because the smoke lens of the Raxiom takes an unacceptable toll on headlight effectiveness.

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...-Headlight-Kit

Personally I like the halo and have them wired as DRL but they are powered by a separate wire so you don't have to use them if you don't like them. Without power they simply look like a glass surround for the projector lens.
Raxiom brought back the black/clear lens headlights for halogen and HID. They're on AM.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/headli...1012-stan.html

If I had known, I would've waited for these.