Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

Grilles for 2013's?

Old 8/22/12, 10:17 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I were to sell mine, I'd sell for $250, as the LED fogs are totally different than the old halogens.
Old 8/22/12, 12:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mikeyt03 View Post
I can't decide whether I like my fogs better, or the roush grill. The led fogs are so bright!

Question... The CDC grill looks like you can install without taking off the bumper based on their installation video. Is the roush grill the same way?
Correct. You can install the Performance Grille without the removal of the front fascia. It just requires cutting out the plastic uprights behind the grille and then it's an easy, snap-in procedure!
Old 8/22/12, 06:22 PM

This is a great thread -- subscribed!

Where's the love for the big running pony on these aftermarket grilles though? For my money I'd love a high-flow (like the Roush, to address JimC's concern about the restrictive factory piece) version of the factory GT honeycomb upper grille (to match the lower -- no need to replace that) without the huge LED fogs and surrounds (which have grown on me -- they are cool and crowd-pleasing -- but it's still not my thing) but with the same running pony. The factory V6 grille might do but it's also restrictive and has the chrome surround (Plasti-Dip maybe?).

Then add that GT/CS lower valence fog light kit (thanks; I was not aware of that kit). I hate big, shallow openings on cars with nothing but cheap-looking plastic panels filling them; I want some lights, functional ducts, autobots, or something. Then I want the trick RTR rear license plate panel (when Jake, when?) to finish off my look. Anyone with me?

Speaking of the GT/CS fogs, what technology (LED, HID, etc.) and color are they? I would defintiely want them to match colorwise with the new HID headlights and I hope Ford thought of that but I haven't seen them turned on on a 2013 yet to be sure.

Last edited by Fred_Garvin; 8/22/12 at 06:26 PM.
Old 8/22/12, 06:57 PM
DRB
Bullitt Member

I like the chrome "pony-and-corral" on the V6 grille but then I'm a sucker for any stylistic throwback to the '60s Mustangs. I wish there was a version of it available that could be applied to one of these aftermarket grilles.
Old 8/22/12, 07:43 PM
GT Member

I finally LOVE the new LED idea for the fogs and now all this new options

I seriously thought about boss 302 grill since I can keep the fogs, but isn't it virtually the same grill as our stock except for the center tri pony logo If I decide to do different grills I think it will have to be CDC with the roush chin splitter. I love the aggressive look of wide open mouth. Plus I'm sure there has to be a little cooling benefit over the stock.

Can't wait to see more pics from you guys so I can make my decision too
Old 8/22/12, 09:28 PM
Banned

Two things

the CS/V6 fogs ARE HALOGEN not LED. They are H11's.

and yes bowtie, the ONLY difference really between the stock GT and B302 grillles are that the pony is replaced by the tri-bar and the pony.
Old 8/22/12, 09:33 PM
Super Moderator
TMS Staff

Nice work!

If I get around to a '13, I'd like to get the Roush lower grille and possibly the Boss 302 upper. I can't believe how much more the Boss 302 splitter is for the '13 model.
Old 8/23/12, 03:49 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Xtian85 View Post
Here is my cdc grille
wow! It looks good on the black..I canceled my order
need to rethink this, thanks for the pic!
Old 8/23/12, 03:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle View Post
Two things

the CS/V6 fogs ARE HALOGEN not LED. They are H11's.

and yes bowtie, the ONLY difference really between the stock GT and B302 grillles are that the pony is replaced by the tri-bar and the pony.
thanks Danielle, so that means another $70 to spend on top of the retrofitment of CS fogs for a pair of LED H11 bulbs but possible.
Old 8/23/12, 08:41 AM
Banned

eff that, a HID retrofit kit will only run $55 and give you much more usable light.
Old 8/23/12, 08:54 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Are you guys with the open grille getting tons of stuff flying in there? That's the only thing I'm worried about, I don't want a stray rock going through my radiator
Old 8/23/12, 09:35 AM
Bullitt Member

eff that, a HID retrofit kit will only run $55 and give you much more usable light.
heard that! yeah Ive got a kit laying around that I never thru on the truck(Digital HID) just looked at it 5000k/55 watt but H10 bulb, bummer.. I remember paying around $125 at a group buy. Which kit were you looking at or thinking of?

Last edited by autobred; 8/23/12 at 09:36 AM.
Old 8/23/12, 09:45 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by autobred View Post
heard that! yeah Ive got a kit laying around that I never thru on the truck(Digital HID) just looked at it 5000k/55 watt but H10 bulb, bummer.. I remember paying around $125 at a group buy. Which kit were you looking at or thinking of?
http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DD...ast-35W-or-55W

ddmtuning worked out really well in my GTO. I had the 55w kit in my low beams, and the 35w kit in my foglights. I later retrofitted the 55w kit to my '04 Beetle.

*edit* also looks like it's gotten even more affordable. $40 for a slim ballast digital HID retrofit? sign me up for that!

Last edited by TheDivaDanielle; 8/23/12 at 09:46 AM.
Old 8/23/12, 10:00 AM
Bullitt Member

dang, Im speechless...

thanks for the link Danielle
Old 8/23/12, 10:14 AM
Banned

<- professional modification researcher.
Old 8/23/12, 09:00 PM
Bullitt Member

truthfully - after having it for a day now (lol) I have no qualms whatsoever with the standard grille w/ the fogs in the grille. those LED fogs are badass.

I probably will - in the interest of burning money and making my car different than the rest.

I know what you mean about burning through money....when I looked at the 2013 at first I was like I am getting rid of those fogs then when I owned one and notice how cool they were I was ****...they look pretty good. I'm hoping more options will come out as time progresses. BTW nice mods so far with the rear!!
Old 8/23/12, 09:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by autobred View Post
dang, Im speechless...

thanks for the link Danielle

Here is another one I used back in the day for my truck.

http://www.hidguy.net/
Old 8/23/12, 10:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Has anyone found the open lower roush grille? I think I am going to go with for now the boss upper and the open roush grille. That way I keep the fogs and use the other area for the brake ducts in the future.
Old 8/24/12, 06:40 AM
GT Member

Some of the Roush parts are available on the Roush website now as well. Although they don't have the lower bar style grille.

I haven't seen this open lower, or these bumper fogs anywhere. If I get rid of my grille fogs I prefer this look over the CS ones. Both those parts I've only seen on Roush cars so hopefully they release them.

Last edited by Bandit79; 8/24/12 at 06:41 AM.
Old 8/24/12, 06:57 AM
Bullitt Member

I really like that lower open grille better for sure. Hopefully it will get released soon.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Grilles for 2013's?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.