'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

GI/GB: Klearz corner lenses (front & rear)

Search this Thread

Old 12/27/10, 11:43 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by S197 GT
No need to pull the front bumper. Just pull the wheel wells. Don't even jack up the car or remove the wheels.

Crank the wheel to the left and do the driver's side. Crank the wheel to the right and do the passenger side.

I can't believe someone would pull off the bumper for turn signals.
Pulling the bumper is a piece of cake. Gives you plenty of room to get behind there and remove the other reflectors. I already had the front on ramps from the side skirt install, so taking it off was easy.
Old 12/27/10, 12:05 PM
3rd Times A Charm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Overboost

Pulling the bumper is a piece of cake. Gives you plenty of room to get behind there and remove the other reflectors. I already had the front on ramps from the side skirt install, so taking it off was easy.
I know it's not hard too do, but certainly is overkill. Kinda like pulling out the seats to swap a shifter. But hey, if you were also installing a carpet kit it would make sense.

Some people are afraid to pull the bumper, so I want it to be clear that they can do this without removing it.

I edited my post above to ask for a better picture of the rears. Can you try and get some better pics please. Looks good!
Old 12/27/10, 12:08 PM
GTR Member

I know it's not hard too do, but certainly is overkill. Kinda like pulling out the seats to swap a shifter. But hey, if you were also installing a carpet kit it would make sense.

Some people are afraid to pull the bumper, so I want it to be clear that they can do this without removing it.

I edited my post above to ask for a better picture of the rears. Can you try and get some better pics please. Looks good!
Without out knowing how much access I would have through the fender wells, I decided that I could pop the front fascia loose and get it that way. It might be overkill to some, but as I said, if you're mechanically inclined, you're looking at 10-15 minutes to get it free.

I'll take the car over to the wash later tonight and snap some pics. Right now it's covered in salt and bird **** (neighbors put up a new bird house...)
Old 12/27/10, 12:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
I think I'm going to like them, but yeah your pics = crep.
Old 12/27/10, 01:01 PM
3rd Times A Charm

You'd be amazed how much room is back there! Really easy to gain access. Check it out some time.
Old 12/27/10, 01:28 PM
GTR Member

You'd be amazed how much room is back there! Really easy to gain access. Check it out some time.
It seemed like when we had the bumper loose that the inner fenders didn't really flex much. I only removed two screws on each side (the ones that attached to the bumper itself).

For the rears, I thought we might have to pull the bumper, but just removing those 3 screws on each side gave me enough room to pop them out. The back ones take no time because they have a pressure clip that holds them in place.
Old 12/27/10, 03:22 PM
3rd Times A Charm

It seemed like when we had the bumper loose that the inner fenders didn't really flex much. I only removed two screws on each side (the ones that attached to the bumper itself).

For the rears, I thought we might have to pull the bumper, but just removing those 3 screws on each side gave me enough room to pop them out. The back ones take no time because they have a pressure clip that holds them in place.
The front wheel wells are plastic this year. My '05 and '07 have the "paper" ones. So yes, they don't flex as much.

Take the (2) clips from the top dead center where the wheel well pieces overlap. Take one clip out from the "deepest" section of the wheel well by the brake lines. Take the other (2) clips out from the front most section of the wheel wells. Take out the (2) screws you mentioned attached to the bumper and one from underneath the skid plate that holds the wheel well in place. Now maneuver the wheel well out of the way and have perfect access without removing the bumper.

The clips all come out with a quarter turn of a Phillips and you just pull them out. Really simple to do. Takes 2 minutes for each side. Another 3 minutes to swap the bulbs and mount the new lens.
Old 12/27/10, 03:47 PM
GTR Member

Looks like putting our heads together we've figured out the easiest way to install all the reflectors.

I'm getting ready to leave work, so I'll run the car through the wash and take some pictures after.
Old 12/27/10, 03:53 PM
Cobra R Member

Since the rear lenses aren't bolted in place can you gingerly pop them out using a plastic putty knife or a screwdriver wrapped in something soft as to not scratch the paint?
Old 12/27/10, 04:40 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Adam
Since the rear lenses aren't bolted in place can you gingerly pop them out using a plastic putty knife or a screwdriver wrapped in something soft as to not scratch the paint?
You might be able to. It didn't need much persuasion on the clip to pop them loose.
Old 12/27/10, 05:34 PM
GTR Member

Pics:

Rear -

Front -

One shot of the reflectors and the Roush side skirts on -
Old 12/27/10, 10:14 PM
SD6
Bullitt Member

Yup I'm one of those people .
Glad to hear that this can be done without removing the bumper, now this makes it a no-brainer for me to get!
Old 12/27/10, 10:24 PM
GTR Member

Now that pics are up, let's get the GB figured out for that discount!
Old 12/27/10, 10:28 PM
SD6
Bullitt Member

Now that pics are up, let's get the GB figured out for that discount!
Mark me down!

I think I'll go smoke/black.
I think that'll look best on Sterling Grey.
What do you think Steve? (since you are lucky enough to be looking at a pair of smoke/black on your car)

1. Overboost, full set, clear/black
2. Yasuro, fronts, smoke/black
3. Big Poppa, Full Set, smoke/black
4. SD6, Full Set, smoke/black
Old 12/27/10, 11:54 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by SD6
Mark me down!

I think I'll go smoke/black.
I think that'll look best on Sterling Grey.
What do you think Steve? (since you are lucky enough to be looking at a pair of smoke/black on your car)
Are you going to tint your windows at some point? If you're going to do black accents of some type down the road, then go smoke/black. Otherwise, I think clear/black will really blend in well on a Sterling Grey car personally.
Old 12/28/10, 03:39 AM
GTR Member

Updated list -

1. Yasuro, fronts, smoke/black
2. Big Poppa, Full Set, smoke/black
3. SD6, Full Set, smoke/black
Old 12/28/10, 10:03 AM
V6 Member

Steve, will these fit the V6 cars as well? They look the same, but I noticed the facias are different around the front marker lights.
Old 12/28/10, 10:13 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by dnr427
Steve, will these fit the V6 cars as well? They look the same, but I noticed the facias are different around the front marker lights.
Yes. They're mounted in a different spot, but they are the same based on pics I referenced.
Old 12/28/10, 10:24 AM
V6 Member

Thanks Steve. If that's the case (and based on what I've read here about the relative ease of installation), I'm in! Put me down for the white/clear set.

Rick
Old 12/28/10, 10:42 AM
GTR Member

1. Yasuro, fronts, smoke/black
2. Big Poppa, Full Set, smoke/black
3. SD6, Full Set, smoke/black
4. dnr427, full set, white/clear

Quick Reply: GI/GB: Klearz corner lenses (front & rear)