Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

FINALLY - Added GT500 Rear Spoiler - Pics!

Search this Thread

Old 5/10/12, 12:00 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Eric (double e dad) thanks for your help on all this. I'm about ready to place the order for the 3d carbon. I can't wait to get it in, then get it installed. I will update you guys with pics and install when I get it. I've wanted this for so long. I figured with my son about to be born today, I will do it to celebrate
Old 5/10/12, 12:36 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Eric (double e dad) thanks for your help on all this. I'm about ready to place the order for the 3d carbon. I can't wait to get it in, then get it installed. I will update you guys with pics and install when I get it. I've wanted this for so long. I figured with my son about to be born today, I will do it to celebrate
Congrats on the upcoming birth of your son!!!!
Old 5/11/12, 11:25 AM
I Have No Life

Guys. .... Please help me out here... I looked at American muscle for the painted version and also mrt... But it looks like their painted version is not a 3d carbon brand and on top of that, the gurney flap is painted too!!! I don't want that... I want it flat black just like you guys.

So for those of you that got it from mrt direct, is the gurney flap flat black??? Help! About to place an order.

If I get it painted by my guy, does he have to special paint the gurney Flap separate?
Old 5/11/12, 12:04 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
If you go with CJ Pony Parts, 3dCarbon, you get pre-painted, and you get the black Gurney strip. And it's a good price. Why mess around with another brand?
Old 5/11/12, 12:36 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by PJRManagement
If you go with CJ Pony Parts, 3dCarbon, you get pre-painted, and you get the black Gurney strip. And it's a good price. Why mess around with another brand?
Thank you man.... I appreciate this. I just placed an order at cj. I totally forgot about them. Duhhhh. I ordered it prepainted.
Old 5/11/12, 01:30 PM

Thank you man.... I appreciate this. I just placed an order at cj. I totally forgot about them. Duhhhh. I ordered it prepainted.
---
There you go! I think you will be pleased with the product, I know I am. If you go see that exact part on CJPP, that's my Race Red pictures, and my installation instructions!
Old 5/11/12, 05:55 PM
I Have No Life

---
There you go! I think you will be pleased with the product, I know I am. If you go see that exact part on CJPP, that's my Race Red pictures, and my installation instructions!
Thanks man... I read your installation guide and compared it to the one from 3d carbon. You didn't mention how/how much/where to apply the double sided tape? Where did you apply it and how did you ensure it lined up before you let the adhesive touch the paint?
Old 5/11/12, 07:07 PM

Thanks man... I read your installation guide and compared it to the one from 3d carbon. You didn't mention how/how much/where to apply the double sided tape? Where did you apply it and how did you ensure it lined up before you let the adhesive touch the paint?
--------------
Hi, that's because mine came with the tape already in place on the bottom side of the wing. Alignment is easy if you already have the stock four holes, no guessing, it plugs right in. If you don't have the four stock holes, then 3dCarbon includes an alignment template, and you drill four holes.
Old 5/11/12, 07:42 PM
I Have No Life

--------------
Hi, that's because mine came with the tape already in place on the bottom side of the wing. Alignment is easy if you already have the stock four holes, no guessing, it plugs right in. If you don't have the four stock holes, then 3dCarbon includes an alignment template, and you drill four holes.
Ah I see... So you didn't have to apply any tape at all? So you just peeled the one side of the double sided off eh? Or does the 3d carbon noT use double sided, so the only thing adhering the new spoiler to the trunk are the 4 bolts you tighten??????

But yes I already have the stock lip spoiler, so no drilling for me.

Last edited by FromZto5; 5/11/12 at 07:47 PM.
Old 5/11/12, 10:10 PM

Ah I see... So you didn't have to apply any tape at all? So you just peeled the one side of the double sided off eh? Or does the 3d carbon noT use double sided, so the only thing adhering the new spoiler to the trunk are the 4 bolts you tighten??????

But yes I already have the stock lip spoiler, so no drilling for me.
-----------
Ya know...I can't remember if I peeled or not. It came with a cushion tape applied to the entire under-outline, but I can't remember if it peels to expose a sticky side, or not. In any event, the four bolts are very solid. My wing does not move, at all.
Old 5/12/12, 05:57 AM
I Have No Life

-----------
Ya know...I can't remember if I peeled or not. It came with a cushion tape applied to the entire under-outline, but I can't remember if it peels to expose a sticky side, or not. In any event, the four bolts are very solid. My wing does not move, at all.
I was just worried of the double sided if water were to leak into it....
Old 5/12/12, 10:24 AM

I was just worried of the double sided if water were to leak into it....
------
Whether the underside cushion has a sticky-side, or not, it's still not 100% water-tight. That's why there are small drain holes at the rear base of the wing.
Old 5/17/12, 10:10 PM
I Have No Life

Thanks PJR... here's my thread for my install Wasn't too bad... still, removal of stock oem one was a royal PITA.

https://themustangsource.com/f726/3d...ssions-508956/
Old 5/17/12, 11:50 PM

Thanks PJR... here's my thread for my install Wasn't too bad... still, removal of stock oem one was a royal PITA.
---
The toughest part was removing the OEM wing, and then all of the adhesive residue left over. I took my car to my wash/detail shop, they used a high-speed-polising device to get it all clear, which took 30 minutes. All other aspects of the install are easy. Glad yours is all good.
Old 5/24/12, 07:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How is the paint now after some time with your aftermarket Gt500 spoiler. Im also thinking of going with the one from MRT but just worried about the paint holding up ?
Old 5/24/12, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by rm2092
How is the paint now after some time with your aftermarket Gt500 spoiler. Im also thinking of going with the one from MRT but just worried about the paint holding up ?
-----
I think mine is holding up perfect. Looks as good as the day I installed it. Everyone asks me about it, too (ego!).
Old 5/24/12, 04:59 PM

Oh, to keep the black gurney-stip looking good, I use shine stuff (like Armor All) after I wash it. Remember to add that step...like when you do the tires.
Old 5/25/12, 09:00 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by rm2092
my kona blue prepainted 3DC spoiler is perrrrrrrfect.
Old 5/27/12, 10:17 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Double-EDad, What an amazing transformation with just a rear spoiler. I have been thinking about this Mod for a long time and now that I recently got my '13 GT VIN#, Sticker and build date and am awaiting a phone call to come and pick her up that will be my very first Mod besides the Redline Tuning hood struts that I have received already and just waiting to install.

My question is - I have searched, but can only find aftermarket lookalike Shelby spoilers on the Net. Even prepainted if you would like. No Gurney flap though. What's the point then.
WHERE did you get you OEM Shelby GT spoiler from. I would appreciate it if you could send me the website or if I have to order it through my Ford Dealer.

Thanks, GREG3

Last edited by Greg3; 5/27/12 at 10:18 AM.
Old 5/27/12, 10:30 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Greg3
Hey Double-EDad, What an amazing transformation with just a rear spoiler. I have been thinking about this Mod for a long time and now that I recently got my '13 GT VIN#, Sticker and build date and am awaiting a phone call to come and pick her up that will be my very first Mod besides the Redline Tuning hood struts that I have received already and just waiting to install.

My question is - I have searched, but can only find aftermarket lookalike Shelby spoilers on the Net. Even prepainted if you would like. No Gurney flap though. What's the point then.
WHERE did you get you OEM Shelby GT spoiler from. I would appreciate it if you could send me the website or if I have to order it through my Ford Dealer.

Thanks, GREG3
False.

Did you not read this entire thread? 3DCarbon has the GT500, it's not OEM, but can either come prepainted/primered, WITH the black gurney flap.

Quick Reply: FINALLY - Added GT500 Rear Spoiler - Pics!