Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

Experiance with cj pony parts

Search this Thread

Old 1/6/13, 11:15 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 777 Likes on 567 Posts
does that mean your going to give up with trying to get everyone to understand your point of view in this thread too Mike? Which by the way I do agree with.
Old 1/6/13, 11:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just dont accept it! If they ship USPS or UPS just take it back to a center and deny the shipment!
Old 1/6/13, 05:12 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sent you a PM OP.
Old 1/6/13, 05:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
does that mean your going to give up with trying to get everyone to understand your point of view in this thread too Mike? Which by the way I do agree with.
Lol, yeah I think I'm done after this post.

I think the biggest thing any successful retail company knows is that every customer has a different definition of good or bad customer service. Clearly from this thread, there are many view points. The companies that are truly outstanding, are the ones who are flexible with customers and put themselves in the customers scenario, without adding their own personal belief in the mix. Rules are not meant to be rules when it comes to the customer, they are meant to be guidelines for normal situations. Different situations warrant different solutions. This...is what American Muscle understands, and I know they will have a long and prosperous future because of it.
Old 1/6/13, 05:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Jay@Hypermotive
Sent you a PM OP.
Thank you sir! I will absolutely give your company a try.
Old 1/6/13, 06:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had nothing but great customer service from CJPony Parts.

I didn't expect to be given a promo (nor would I have asked them to) that wasn't available when I placed my order though.

It's like buying something at the grocery store and finding out 3 days later that it went on sale and trying to get a refund.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't have - hell I see it every day. Just not something that I do.
Old 1/7/13, 09:28 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by mikeyt03
I had a pretty awful experience today with this company. I ordered about 300 worth of product 3 days ago from them and today I get an email saying for every 100 I spend I get a 30 gift card.

So most retailers let you do a one time price adjustment within 7 days, so I figured I would give them a call and see what they say. Well...two supervisors basically told me I could return the product and then re-buy it to get the offer but I would have to send the product back. Now lets realistically think about this...the only person losing money on me sending it back would be them, why would they not retro this offer and be done with it? So...the supervisors were so rude and disrespectful about this situation that I will absolutely never shop there again. I told him that i would return the product and shop somewhere else and he could have cared less. The supervisor got tired of talking to me and literally sent me to his voice mail. Wtf? I didn't know they were doing so great that they could just dismiss customer concerns like that. My main problem was not the discount, it was the way I was treated by them. Not good...
The manager and CS Rep dismissed you once you started using colorful words towards them. You say most retailers, you do realized everyone you mentioned is a huge National chain, just because these large stores decide to have this as policy doesn not dictate that we should as well. I'm sorry you don't agree with it but our policy is simple, once your order ships that order is done. Had your order not had shipped yet then you would of probably had no issue getting the giftcards added but this wasn't the case this time.

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
  • I'm sure it was in the fine print somewhere they were good for 30 but had I paid better attention I'd have ordered the parts from somewhere else for a little less without the promotion.

• Their regular prices are always about 5-10% higher than you can find elsewhere. It's when they put the item on sale or offer the free gift cards that their prices become competitive or better than the competition.

Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
Still waiting to hear from a rep...
Sorry I don't work Saturday's or Sunday's.

Originally Posted by Flagstang
  • You simply bought at the wrong time. It happens. Its not your fault or CJ's fault You bought when you bought.. You didnt lose money. You bought at what you thought was a fair price and you didnt buy knowing you would have the possibly sale or you might of waited.
  • Maybe a smarter way to buy if you care about discounts is to ask around or contact the rep(like others have said we have one here on the forum) and see what the buzz is on stuff.
  • I also wouldnt wait to hear from the CJ rep today because its saturday and he might have a life out side of hearing people cry on a forum on his day off.
  • This statement couldn't be worded any better.
  • I have people do this all the time and if I know what the promotion is I have no problem letting them know if it's something they could possibly take advantage of.
  • You are correct I was actually celebrating my 12th Wedding Anniversary with the wife on Saturday

Originally Posted by mikeyt03
However, once I express to them that I am going to return the product, the right thing to do, would be to accommodate me because there is nothing they can do anyways about me returning it and buying it back. Why fight something you can't win.
So what your saying is because you threatened us we should give in to your demands?
Old 1/7/13, 09:51 AM
Cobra R Member

Old 1/7/13, 11:32 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve@CJPP
The manager and CS Rep dismissed you once you started using colorful words towards them. You say most retailers, you do realized everyone you mentioned is a huge National chain, just because these large stores decide to have this as policy doesn not dictate that we should as well. I'm sorry you don't agree with it but our policy is simple, once your order ships that order is done. Had your order not had shipped yet then you would of probably had no issue getting the giftcards added but this wasn't the case this time.

So what your saying is because you threatened us we should give in to your demands?
Well this whole post certainly isn't making anything any better. That whole post read to me as: "If you don't like the way we do business, then shop elsewhere." And that's exactly what I'll do. While I work retail and don't stand for anyone cussing at my associates either, it never should've gotten that far. It was a simple issue to fix, that should've been fixed and that's that.

"You say most retailers, you do realized everyone you mentioned is a huge National chain, just because these large stores decide to have this as policy does not dictate that we should as well." Step up or get out of the way, if your company can't compete.

While I'm not agreeing that you should just give into anyone's demands, it was a simple, reasonable, logical request, that should've been honored without issue.

And by posting with that attitude you've not only lost him as a customer, but myself as well.
Old 1/7/13, 11:42 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
no need to for drama.. it is what it is...
Old 1/7/13, 11:43 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Well now that the vendor has responded it's rapidly approaching time to close this thread...
Old 1/7/13, 11:44 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
moving forward
Old 1/7/13, 11:58 AM
Cobra R Member

free post
Old 1/7/13, 12:03 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts