Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

Expensive lesson learned

Search this Thread

Old 5/31/12, 03:35 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shows that strength is in numbers!!!
Old 5/31/12, 03:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sampey43
Shows that strength is in numbers!!!
I appreciate you guys bringing this to AMShaneLesky's attention via PM. Thanks for the heads up!

We would have done this if it was just the customer PMing us, though. We take care of our TMS'ers!
Old 5/31/12, 04:02 PM

Woah! Good job AM! I too had a problem with a part yesterday and I am waiting for the replacement, it feels good to be pissed off when there is something messed up or wrong and the AM reps make it better! I held my tongue bad mouthing them and am letting them fix it. I'll continue to buy from AM until they mess up and don't fix it.
Old 5/31/12, 04:13 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by AMChrisRose

I appreciate you guys bringing this to AMShaneLesky's attention via PM. Thanks for the heads up!

We would have done this if it was just the customer PMing us, though. We take care of our TMS'ers!
If thats truly how you guys work, then thats great to know! Its companys like yourselves that will be around a long time! But you know there are companys out there that wouldnt have made it right untill the customer went vocal!!! Ill be in the market for a mustang soon and guys will definitely be the first i call for parts! Thanks!
Old 5/31/12, 04:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by willysyj
Woah! Good job AM! I too had a problem with a part yesterday and I am waiting for the replacement, it feels good to be pissed off when there is something messed up or wrong and the AM reps make it better! I held my tongue bad mouthing them and am letting them fix it. I'll continue to buy from AM until they mess up and don't fix it.
Glad that we could make this situation right, and let AMShaneLesky know if you need to get your problem expedited, too! We'll take care of it.

We try and keep mistakes to a minimum and pride ourselves on great customer service. When you ship over 1000 package each day to Mustang owners, it's hard not to make a mistake here or there. The part that matters is what we do to keep you guys excited and happy to get that new mod from us on your list!

Originally Posted by sampey43
If thats truly how you guys work, then thats great to know! Its companys like yourselves that will be around a long time! But you know there are companys out there that wouldnt have made it right untill the customer went vocal!!! Ill be in the market for a mustang soon and guys will definitely be the first i call for parts! Thanks!
Absolutely. It shouldn't have gotten to this point to get fixed, and we know that! The rep was doing what he was told, and wasn't in the position to bend the rules (even though us shipping the wrong part clearly made this our fault), and should have escalated the problem. We've got over 40 Mustang experts answering the phone, and it's hard to keep everyone on the same page all the time. We got it handled, now - though!

I'm glad we could restore your confidence, in the mean time. Let us know if there's anything we can hook you up with when you're ready to pull the trigger.
Old 5/31/12, 04:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great job AM!
Old 5/31/12, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by AMChrisRose

Glad that we could make this situation right, and let AMShaneLesky know if you need to get your problem expedited, too! We'll take care of it.

We try and keep mistakes to a minimum and pride ourselves on great customer service. When you ship over 1000 package each day to Mustang owners, it's hard not to make a mistake here or there. The part that matters is what we do to keep you guys excited and happy to get that new mod from us on your list!

Absolutely. It shouldn't have gotten to this point to get fixed, and we know that! The rep was doing what he was told, and wasn't in the position to bend the rules (even though us shipping the wrong part clearly made this our fault), and should have escalated the problem. We've got over 40 Mustang experts answering the phone, and it's hard to keep everyone on the same page all the time. We got it handled, now - though!

I'm glad we could restore your confidence, in the mean time. Let us know if there's anything we can hook you up with when you're ready to pull the trigger.
I hate to say it... But I spoke too soon...... All day I have been refreshing the UPS tracking page to see where my replacement part is that AM sent out yesterday, finally it changes from the Out for Delivery to Needs Attention! What? I have been home since 3:30 and there has been NO UPS truck pull in, no knock, no nothing. I pull up the tracking page and it says "needs unit number for delivery" WHAT? Your has been on the truck for delivery all day and at 7:50pm they finally update the tracking to say that? So I call AM to figure out what happened seeing that yesterday I made the rep read back to me my address. "uh, hold on just a minute, let me take a look" puts me on hold for 4 minutes. What is this guy doing? Taking a leak? He finally comes back and says, "What's the unit number supposed to be on here?" Finally after getting my full address again he asks if there is anything else he can help me with tonight and tells me to have a great night. AM you're slipping........
Old 5/31/12, 06:24 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I hate to say it... But I spoke too soon...... All day I have been refreshing the UPS tracking page to see where my replacement part is that AM sent out yesterday, finally it changes from the Out for Delivery to Needs Attention! What? I have been home since 3:30 and there has been NO UPS truck pull in, no knock, no nothing. I pull up the tracking page and it says "needs unit number for delivery" WHAT? Your has been on the truck for delivery all day and at 7:50pm they finally update the tracking to say that? So I call AM to figure out what happened seeing that yesterday I made the rep read back to me my address. "uh, hold on just a minute, let me take a look" puts me on hold for 4 minutes. What is this guy doing? Taking a leak? He finally comes back and says, "What's the unit number supposed to be on here?" Finally after getting my full address again he asks if there is anything else he can help me with tonight and tells me to have a great night. AM you're slipping........
1. The updated info came after he attempted to make your delivery and couldn't since there was no unit number.
2. When you call customer service, you're not actually calling ups, but a service center. He was probably contacting the center that your package came out of and updating the correct delivery address to relay that to the driver.
Old 5/31/12, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500

1. The updated info came after he attempted to make your delivery and couldn't since there was no unit number.
2. When you call customer service, you're not actually calling ups, but a service center. He was probably contacting the center that your package came out of and updating the correct delivery address to relay that to the driver.
1. AM had the "updated" info when I ordered.
2. He asked my name, order number, then put me on hold. THEN came back to ask my "updated" information.
Old 5/31/12, 07:30 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

1. AM had the "updated" info when I ordered.
2. He asked my name, order number, then put me on hold. THEN came back to ask my "updated" information.
1. Lol AM probably screwed up and didn't have your unit number on the label.
2. "order number"? Do you mean your tracking number? Are we talking about 1 800 pick ups?
Old 5/31/12, 07:45 PM
Bullitt Member

After reading this i will most definitely be placing an order for the GT500 Axle backs from American Muscle for my 2013 when i get it.
Old 5/31/12, 08:08 PM
Bullitt Member

It sounds to me like the rep used the 4 minutes to pull up your order, read through the notes to make sure there were no errors during the shipping process and then take the tracking information to the UPS software to track and find out where it's at. 4 minutes might be a little long to do all of this, but he could have been running into delays with the UPS WorldShip server or even our own order software. Our guys are usually really quick, so I'm sure he was just reading through the order and getting caught up with the whole story of what day it shipped, where the order was, etc.

So you said he just told you to have a great night. Did he say what he did with your updated info or what the fix would be?

If you just shoot me your order number to chris[dot]rose[at]americanmuscle[dot]com, I can look into it further and let you know what he did, but he should have given you more than that?

Chris
Old 5/31/12, 08:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by cinque35
glad to see AM is making it right
That is very cool! I'm so glad AM is making it right. It justifies why I keep coming back to them for parts.
Old 5/31/12, 09:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Excellent job AM! Once again you guys set.the standard of customer service. Thats why I buy from yall!
Old 6/2/12, 08:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by unnoticedtrails

That is very cool! I'm so glad AM is making it right. It justifies why I keep coming back to them for parts.
But it took a lot of hassle to get AM to make it right. Remember at first they told him they wouldn't send him the right hood,...I believe a rep here from am had to get it expedited. It never should have been a headache for this guy
Old 6/2/12, 05:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
I just placed a small order seconds again...reassurance.
Old 6/2/12, 07:11 PM

My order came in, product was right this time! Even though it wasn't AM that messed up, they tried to make it right, and they did! I even called them today to find out about returning the broken one and to llet them know that I got my floor mats and CDC front spoiler and they looked GREAT!

I also installed the grille, but I got that used off CL. ;-)

Expensive lesson learned-image-1000309900.jpg

Last edited by willysyj; 6/2/12 at 07:12 PM.
Old 6/3/12, 05:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

This is precisely why I have been buying from AM for a couple of years now and will continue to do so. I've never had any issues, but I know that if I did, that there would be an avenue by AM to getting it resolved one way or the other. They are an honest company.
Old 6/3/12, 06:42 PM
GT Member

Wow, Ihave nothing to say but super super customer service.
Old 6/3/12, 08:43 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Thamac15
But it took a lot of hassle to get AM to make it right. Remember at first they told him they wouldn't send him the right hood,...I believe a rep here from am had to get it expedited. It never should have been a headache for this guy
So what? The person on the phone was just doing what they were told to do. I admit, they should have done a bit more, like look into it and call back with this solution but it happens.

Iv had problems with AM before. I ordered the boss spliter and didnt get all the hardware for it. I called and they said they would email/call back. Never did, so I came on here and contacted AM via PM like I did for the OP. They sent me out a new spliter for free and with a free AM calander for 2012.

Of course I wasnt told that I had to ship back the other spliter so I ended up having to pay for another box which pissed me off. It would have made more sense just to send the hardware in a package that way I didnt have to send anything back, but whatevs.

Quick Reply: Expensive lesson learned