Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

Expensive lesson learned

Search this Thread

Old 5/27/12, 10:17 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
if you have a order comp that says 2010-13 year hood they owe you a hood and painting cost and shipping.
Old 5/27/12, 10:44 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I will not order another part from AM until they make it right for you!

Last edited by watchdevil; 5/27/12 at 10:46 PM.
Old 5/28/12, 03:05 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by watchdevil
I will not order another part from AM until they make it right for you!
Solidarity baby!!
Old 5/28/12, 06:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I will definitely keep an eye on this thread. I was planning on buying a hood eventually and it was more than likely going to come from AM. Now I doubt they would mess my order up but it will be interesting to see what they do in this situation. I definitely think it would be wrong of them if they don't make it right and would hurt their reputation for such good customer service. They usually go above and beyond, that's my experience anyway.
Old 5/28/12, 07:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

To the OP. Do as others have suggested starting with your credit card company and then the BBB ect.... They dont have a leg to stand on if you ordered the right part and they shipped the wrong one. I used to be passive years ago about things like this and now I dont mince words or take any crap. Its your money. I dont care if you painted the hood purple with pink polkadots they screwed up in shipping and that is where the problem got started. Trying to weasel out of it by giving you a discount is weak and they may as well tell you sorry your (*&%^!
Old 5/28/12, 03:10 PM
GT Member

OP, I just shot AMChrisYoung a PM link of this thread. You should be getting a response from him on here or PM asap. Hopefully they do whats right if they truely are in the wrong.
Old 5/28/12, 04:51 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by 3Mach1
To the OP. Do as others have suggested starting with your credit card company and then the BBB ect.... They dont have a leg to stand on if you ordered the right part and they shipped the wrong one. I used to be passive years ago about things like this and now I dont mince words or take any crap. Its your money. I dont care if you painted the hood purple with pink polkadots they screwed up in shipping and that is where the problem got started. Trying to weasel out of it by giving you a discount is weak and they may as well tell you sorry your (*&%^!
---
If you've hit a brick wall on the phones at AM, and they won't go any further, then have your cc company do battle for you. We all wish you luck, brother. They need to step up and make it right, IMO.
Old 5/31/12, 12:29 PM
Former Vendor

Hey guys,

This is a mess! Let's see if we can't get this taken care of. Let me clear up a few of the details.

First, we called the customer to ship directly to the body shop both out of convenience, and to be able to offer to ship it for free to him. On our website when you go to buy a hood, it let's you know that we ship to your house for $75 or to a business for free. We intercepted the order when it was marked to ship to his house and let him know that we could do it for free and save him some hassle by getting it right to the shop for him!

Second, we're really sorry about the mix up to begin with. Somehow, the wrong hood got into your hands, even though you ordered the correct one and we're going to make it right! You had told us that the hood showed up without a box, and we certainly ship it with one - so it sounds like the freight company may have un-boxed it to hide a little damage on the packaging. This makes it tough for me to figure out whether it was our team who made the mistake and shipped you the wrong one or whether it was boxed wrong from the manufacturer (part number is on the box). Either way, it doesn't matter... let's get you solved.

Our typical policy is that we don't take back painted parts and that your body shop should have tested fitment before painting, so the rep was just doing his job. We're definitely at fault for shipping the wrong item, no matter how you look at it. So here's what we're willing to do.

We're going to ship you out a brand new hood, and it will absolutely be the correct one! That's what you ordered and we do what we have to when a customer is unhappy.

The old hood is painted and we have no use for it, so we're going to leave that to you. Sorry about the mistake, but things happen, and hopefully this makes it right in your eyes!

Shane

Last edited by AMWill; 5/31/12 at 12:46 PM.
Old 5/31/12, 12:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
Hey guys,

This is a mess! Let's see if we can't get this taken care of. Let me clear up a few of the details.

First, we called the customer to ship directly to the body shop both out of convenience, and to be able to offer to ship it for free to him. On our website when you go to buy a hood, it let's you know that we ship to your house for $75 or to a business for free. We intercepted the order when it was marked to ship to his house and let him know that we could do it for free and save him some hassle by getting it right to the shop for him!

Second, we're really sorry about the mix up to begin with. Somehow, the wrong hood got into your hands, even though you ordered the correct one and we're going to make it right! You had told us that the hood showed up without a box, and we certainly ship it with one - so it sounds like the freight company may have un-boxed it to hide a little damage on the packaging. This makes it tough for me to figure out whether it was our team who made the mistake and shipped you the wrong one or whether it was boxed wrong from the manufacturer (part number is on the box). Either way, it doesn't matter... let's get you solved.

Our typical policy is that we don't take back painted parts and that your body shop should have tested fitment before painting, so the rep was just doing his job. We're definitely at fault for shipping the wrong item, no matter how you look at it. So here's what we're willing to do.

We're going to ship you out a brand new hood, and it will absolutely be the correct one! That's what you ordered and we do what we have to when a customer is unhappy. Sorry about the mistake, but things happen, and hopefully this makes it right in your eyes!

Shane
I'm not the OP but as a frequent customer that makes me warm and fuzzy.
Old 5/31/12, 12:40 PM
GTR Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
Hey guys,

We're going to ship you out a brand new hood, and it will absolutely be the correct one! That's what you ordered and we do what we have to when a customer is unhappy. Sorry about the mistake, but things happen, and hopefully this makes it right in your eyes!

Shane
The guys/gals on the forums have hearts the ones on the phones lack them haha
Old 5/31/12, 01:02 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
glad to see AM is making it right
Old 5/31/12, 01:25 PM
V6 Member

I am extremely happy that this situation is finally get worked out and in my favor... Thank you AM muscle you are living up to your incredible customer service reputation. U are going above and beyond and i really appreciate all the help you are giving me. You will always be recommended by me to anyone looking for a great website to order aftermarket parts. And i will continue to be your customer for life =).
Old 5/31/12, 01:29 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

once again AM steps up and impresses me
Old 5/31/12, 01:30 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by D00m3dHitm4n

So now I am stuck with having to take a $300-$400 hit when i sell it to someone else that can actually use it.
Cost of painting? Who eats that loss?
Old 5/31/12, 01:37 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

im sure keeping the extra hood and reselling it will equal a profit.
Old 5/31/12, 01:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Flagstang
im sure keeping the extra hood and reselling it will equal a profit.
Bingo! Great solution from AM, and their reputation for going the extra mile continues.
Old 5/31/12, 02:07 PM
Cobra Member

AM best customer service, glad they fixed it all in your favor
Old 5/31/12, 02:58 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice going AM! As a customer I have been watching this thread closely and I'm sure a bunch of other people have been also even if they haven't posted here yet.
Old 5/31/12, 03:35 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
As someone who typically raves about AM and the tunes, I'm really glad to see this as well. Things like this are always remembered when it's mod time, and the AM and Summit catalogs are both on the coffee table. Nice work gentlemen.

Quick Reply: Expensive lesson learned