'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

Convert 2013 V6 to have a C/S look?

Search this Thread

Old 12/18/12 | 05:53 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
X-Plan is Invoice pricing. Minus the haggling.
Originally Posted by Mo.karney

Not sure how I would get it. I own Ford Stock but I have not had it for 6 months, I picked up a few hundred shares in Oct. for $10 even. I think you need to own shares for at least 6 months. Is there any other way to get X-Plan pricing? No family members or neighbors work for Ford....
Interesting... All I ever do when I buy cars is pay invoice. No haggling necessary. I haggle when I pay a couple hundred under invoice.

So sounds like I wasn't missing much with x plan... Thanks for info.
Old 12/18/12 | 06:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by FromZto5

Interesting... All I ever do when I buy cars is pay invoice. No haggling necessary. I haggle when I pay a couple hundred under invoice.

So sounds like I wasn't missing much with x plan... Thanks for info.
Yeah, but you aren't saving money on the dealers fees, which the xplan does limit them to what they can charge for other fees.
Old 12/21/12 | 11:11 PM
GT Member

Anyone know why you can not get a backup camera with the California Special package? Can I get a backup camera at the dealership?
Old 12/22/12 | 09:55 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Anyone know why you can not get a backup camera with the California Special package? Can I get a backup camera at the dealership?
Back up Camera is in the spoiler, the C/S spoiler is not the correct spoiler to have for the camera
Old 12/22/12 | 10:13 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Siber Express
Back up Camera is in the spoiler, the C/S spoiler is not the correct spoiler to have for the camera
I always thought the camera was in the emblem... dang it.... Is there any way to get a 3rd party backup camera?
Old 12/23/12 | 08:03 AM
Bullitt Member

I always thought the camera was in the emblem... dang it.... Is there any way to get a 3rd party backup camera?
http://www.farmandfleet.com/products...Q#.UNcdVaUx-FI
Old 12/23/12 | 11:56 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
Buy the base v6. Save some coins and drive your car for a while.

Do one mod at a time and build it from the ground up by researching what looks "right" to your tastes.

After a while, you'll discover that you can make your car even more unique and better looking than anything OEM.
Here is a guy that knows what he's talking about.
Old 12/23/12 | 08:04 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Big Poppa

Here is a guy that knows what he's talking about.

I agreed. Iam in talks right now to get a 2013 White Mustang V6 Premium with Electronics, Comfort, and the Mustang Club of America packages. He is asking $28.5K plus another $500-$600 for shipping. I'll offer him $27K to start off with and we will see how it goes. But I do need a fricking backup camera installed at my local dealer.
Old 12/24/12 | 12:32 PM
GT Member

I agreed. Iam in talks right now to get a 2013 White Mustang V6 Premium with Electronics, Comfort, and the Mustang Club of America packages. He is asking $28.5K plus another $500-$600 for shipping. I'll offer him $27K to start off with and we will see how it goes. But I do need a fricking backup camera installed at my local dealer.
Are you going with the Xplan?
Old 12/24/12 | 12:55 PM
Cobra Member

As long as you are making the payments, you have any and all rights to make the Mustang the way you want it. If/when others offer to make the payments, then they perhaps have some say in what you do,
Old 12/24/12 | 02:21 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by TORMENTOR
Are you going with the Xplan?
I have ford stock but I have not owned it for 6 months..... I am stuck between a white C/S and a White V6 Premium....

I love the C/S but it is another $6k, raises my insurance anther $300-$400 a year, raises gas cost, and no back up camera (I have it on my both my parent's Honda Insight and Toyota Prius and I am used to it).

The V6 Premium seems to be the choice but it's a manual. Try finding a white v6 premium with comfort, electronics, and MCA for under $30k.
Old 12/24/12 | 02:22 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Bucko
As long as you are making the payments, you have any and all rights to make the Mustang the way you want it. If/when others offer to make the payments, then they perhaps have some say in what you do,
I am not making payments. I am buying it outright since I plan on keeping it for the next 5-6 years.
Old 12/24/12 | 02:25 PM
GT Member

This is the V6 Premium I found:

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...&&aff=national
Old 12/24/12 | 02:56 PM
GT Member

Why do some dealers on cars.com list MSRP while others list their asking price? Grrr... Also it is so hard to find cars with navigation since if I type that in as a keyword a lot fo cars with navigation get weeded out because the dealer did not put navigation in the description.....
Old 12/25/12 | 02:50 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
Hey, I'm totally digging my $850/mo car payments.
I'll never make a house mortgage payment for a car...
Old 12/26/12 | 09:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

I am agreement never pay more than around $350.00 on any car payment. Because if your have a wife you will have that payment as well.
Old 12/26/12 | 09:53 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

I had a friendly debate with my mom about car payments. She recently paid off her Land Cruiser and the payments were 1000 a month.

I told her that even if could afford that, I wouldn't pay that. no way! I prefer a car payment of no more than 350-400 a month. She gave me the "only live once" and "buy what you want because its no ones concern" speech.

She laughed and reminded me that my student loan payments are twice that. True but there's just something about the concept of a high car payment.

I promise I'm not stingy. I guess I'm just living in the past. The concept of million+ dollar cars still blow my mind. Like I said, even if I could, I wouldn't.
Old 1/1/13 | 11:15 AM

Mo, that is my new Baby almost exactly, and I was able to get it at invoice (28,xxx) three weeks ago.
Hopefully it will work out for you.
I love the CS and each time I think I have a conservative conversion plan together, I take another look at mine stock and back off whatever mod I was contemplating.
I may just go with the fading hood spears to set off the fading MCA rocker stripe and perhaps the CS spoiler, maybe in gloss black to set off the mirrors. Still debating pit stripes and/or a gloss black roof.
Old 2/4/13 | 02:24 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Obokky
Mo, that is my new Baby almost exactly, and I was able to get it at invoice (28,xxx) three weeks ago.
Hopefully it will work out for you.
I love the CS and each time I think I have a conservative conversion plan together, I take another look at mine stock and back off whatever mod I was contemplating.
I may just go with the fading hood spears to set off the fading MCA rocker stripe and perhaps the CS spoiler, maybe in gloss black to set off the mirrors. Still debating pit stripes and/or a gloss black roof.
I love the way your car looks. Anyways just putting an update out here... I ended up with a 2011 BMW. It has everything I want plus with it being winter, I don't think a Mustang would be best suited right now. I decided to put this on hold until April or so and sell my Beemer and get a 2014 or a 2013 if its substantially cheaper. There is a White GT C/S at a dealer nearby and it is exactly what I want. He is asking $36K, I figure I'll see if he has it in April or so. I want to get it for around $32 or $33k....
Old 2/4/13 | 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by JMac
I'm pretty sure you can join Mustang Club of America for a nominal fee (?) and get X-Plan thru them.
I'm pretty lucky, I work for the company that runs the Ford Wind Tunnels and I've owned Ford stock for years!

Quick Reply: Convert 2013 V6 to have a C/S look?