'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

Convert 2013 V6 to have a C/S look?

Search this Thread

Old 12/9/12, 09:51 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Convert 2013 V6 to have a C/S look?

So Iam looking at geting my first Mustang and I love the look of the 2013 C/S however I can get a V6 Base for around $21-$22 or even the premium for around $25 but the C/S costs $36k.

How hard would it be for my to buy a base Mustang and have it converted to have the California Special look? The downside to me buying a C/S straight out is the face that trying to find an Automatic C/S is insanely hard and if I want it in Performance White, then its impossible.....

I would also like the Tech Package with Nav as well. Is there any site where I can buy a C/S conversion kit? Thanks for all the input!
Attached Thumbnails Convert 2013 V6 to have a C/S look?-mustang.jpg  
Old 12/9/12, 11:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
It's just the grilles, spoiler and wheels. Get a V6 premium with MCA and Performance Packages and you'll be 99% there.
Old 12/10/12, 02:13 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 562 Likes on 364 Posts
Name:  SterlingatFlatirons008.jpg
Views: 1077
Size:  182.3 KB
The design of the Performance Package wheels are the same, just what Ford Calls Foundry Black (Gray), and the grilles are Stainless instead of black and then you will need the pedestal spoiler and the side scoops and you are there.

Last edited by Siber Express; 12/10/12 at 02:15 AM.
Old 12/10/12, 04:20 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Siber Express
The design of the Performance Package wheels are the same, just what Ford Calls Foundry Black (Gray), and the grilles are Stainless instead of black and then you will need the pedestal spoiler and the side scoops and you are there.
Like I said

This way you can also get a different color interior if you want. You won't get the suede inserts, but I think the CS door panels are kinda plain. I'd order a V6 just like his, with Saddle interior and Glass Roof! You'd also need the front splitter too...
Old 12/10/12, 07:21 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
Like I said

This way you can also get a different color interior if you want. You won't get the suede inserts, but I think the CS door panels are kinda plain. I'd order a V6 just like his, with Saddle interior and Glass Roof! You'd also need the front splitter too...
I am going to get the Roush Front Splitter, a whole lot cheaper
I did the CS conversion on my 2010, I will just keep this one as a MCA
Old 12/10/12, 09:24 AM
Banned

Was costly at the time for me to o the Cali Special Fron End, but all of that is now available as Ford Accesories for half the price, so go for it!
Old 12/10/12, 10:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
It's just the grilles, spoiler and wheels. Get a V6 premium with MCA and Performance Packages and you'll be 99% there.

THIS^^^ Just need a new hood and the graphics.
Old 12/10/12, 11:16 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by GreenCars

Whoa there. Leave the GT/CS graphics off. The MCA vinyls are good enough.
Old 12/10/12, 12:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GreenCars

Yeah dont get the graphics, dont be a poser. As much as I love the boss graphics, i will not put them on my car lol thats tacky.
Old 12/10/12, 12:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by mopar?
Yeah dont get the graphics, dont be a poser. As much as I love the boss graphics, i will not put them on my car lol thats tacky.
I totally understand getting the Performance Pkg V6...but if you are getting a GT, you would never be able to create the package for any cheaper than Ford will bundle it for you in the GT/CS package.

Last edited by n4agoodtyme; 12/10/12 at 12:20 PM.
Old 12/10/12, 12:26 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Buy the base v6. Save some coins and drive your car for a while.

Do one mod at a time and build it from the ground up by researching what looks "right" to your tastes.

After a while, you'll discover that you can make your car even more unique and better looking than anything OEM.
Old 12/10/12, 02:49 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by mopar?
I dont like decals or racing strips. Plus I do not want a ricer...
Old 12/10/12, 02:56 PM
GT Member

Yeah, I like what you did with yours, but I want mine in Performance White. I really want that hood and that splitter in the front. I wonder about the glass roof cause it looks really cool.... However I just noticed that I have to spring for the V6 Premium since the V6 is not eligible for heated seats or the Electronics Package....

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
Buy the base v6. Save some coins and drive your car for a while.

Do one mod at a time and build it from the ground up by researching what looks "right" to your tastes.

After a while, you'll discover that you can make your car even more unique and better looking than anything OEM.

The base v6 cannot get the Electronics Package.

I have to get the Premium V6 at the least.
Old 12/10/12, 02:57 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by n4agoodtyme
I totally understand getting the Performance Pkg V6...but if you are getting a GT, you would never be able to create the package for any cheaper than Ford will bundle it for you in the GT/CS package.
You nailed it. IF I was getting a GT, but I really don't want since it boosts insurance rates and gas mileage sucks on a V8. I am getting 45 MPG in my Prius right now.
Old 12/10/12, 02:58 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
Was costly at the time for me to o the Cali Special Fron End, but all of that is now available as Ford Accesories for half the price, so go for it!
Did you buy it through the dealership or online? Care to hit me up with a link? Thanks!

UPDATE:

I found the grilles!

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...ille&year=2013

Now I need to find the hood and splitter and spoiler.

Last edited by Mo.karney; 12/10/12 at 03:00 PM.
Old 12/10/12, 03:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mo.karney
I dont like decals or racing strips. Plus I do not want a ricer...
Well the boss C stripes define it so it's not rice and it looks awesome if it's a boss but if it was on a v6 then yes it would be rice.
Old 12/10/12, 05:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

I meant the graphics (Like) not exact. To rephrase the hood graphics, Hood Vents. To make the car similar yet still be true to what it is.. I was thinking to get a Boss Grill but then since the boss has the same emblems on the rear and no emblems aside from the graphics. I did not want my car mistaken for a boss.
Old 12/10/12, 05:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Mo.karney
Yeah, I like what you did with yours, but I want mine in Performance White. I really want that hood and that splitter in the front. I wonder about the glass roof cause it looks really cool.... However I just noticed that I have to spring for the V6 Premium since the V6 is not eligible for heated seats or the Electronics Package....

The base v6 cannot get the Electronics Package.

I have to get the Premium V6 at the least.
That is a Stock from Ford Mustang Club of America with the Performance Package, just cleaner than when I picked it up from the dealer
Old 12/10/12, 08:09 PM
GT Member

That is a Stock from Ford Mustang Club of America with the Performance Package, just cleaner than when I picked it up from the dealer
Yeah the C/S is the Club of America in Black and with the spoiler and hood.

But now, I found a local dealer with a White C/S that is auto, has the tech package and the asking price is $37. I might be able to talk him down to $35 since I can wait till the end of December.

There are ZERO mustangs in my area that have a tech package. I don't know why or I might be incorrectly searching...

I added up everything and for the grille, hood and what not, it will run me around $2000 on top of the Mustang's price. Seems like a good deal...
Old 12/10/12, 08:15 PM
GT Member

I think I need the following:

2013 GT C/S Lower Grille
2013 GT C/S Upper Grille
2013 Mustang Fog Light Kit, California Special
2013 Mustang California Special Rear Spoiler (Performance White)

The hoods are not available, at least not the 2013 hoods... I don't know how to get the rear of the car though, the GT500 bumper (black plastic?) Hmm....

Quick Reply: Convert 2013 V6 to have a C/S look?