'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

Convert 2013 V6 to have a C/S look?

Search this Thread

Old 12/10/12, 08:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 562 Likes on 364 Posts
The Tech Package is on the Base GT and V6, it adds Sync, you want the Nav you need to look for the Electronics Package.
So you won't find a CS with the Tech package, it is a Premium.
Old 12/10/12, 11:16 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Siber Express
The Tech Package is on the Base GT and V6, it adds Sync, you want the Nav you need to look for the Electronics Package.
So you won't find a CS with the Tech package, it is a Premium.
I got them confused. I want the Electronics Package which is only available on the V6 Premium and up, or at least that is what I see.

The Tech Package is like Sync, Pandora and other smart apps

The Electronics is the Tech Package but with the Navi and Touchscreen right?
Old 12/10/12, 11:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mo.karney

Did you buy it through the dealership or online? Care to hit me up with a link? Thanks!

UPDATE:

I found the grilles!

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...ille&year=2013

Now I need to find the hood and splitter and spoiler.
And it'll cost $100 less alone for that upper grille directly from ford at accessories.ford.com. They also have the lower grille, fog lights, spoiler, wheels, and rear fascia for sale on there.

Check my profile for threads I've started. It's called Grilles for 2013s

I've assembled and listed all the best places to get the stuff at the best price. I started this when the upper and lower grilles along with the fog light conversion cost me $1200. Over the summer all of that was not yet available as accesories, so it was $$$$
Old 12/11/12, 06:06 AM
Bullitt Member

I think I need the following:

2013 GT C/S Lower Grille
2013 GT C/S Upper Grille
2013 Mustang Fog Light Kit, California Special
2013 Mustang California Special Rear Spoiler (Performance White)

The hoods are not available, at least not the 2013 hoods... I don't know how to get the rear of the car though, the GT500 bumper (black plastic?) Hmm....
The front splitter and rear diffuser are the same that are on the BOSS. Not cheap....

I had a 2008 GT/CS...the orange one in my avatar...and when I sold in January, I got a PREMIUM price for it because it was a GT/CS over a regular GT. If you plan on dumping all of this money into a non-CS car, do not expect to get any of it back when you sell the car. But if you buy it from Ford, the secondary market lists the 402 pkg in the options and you will be able to get more for you car when you decide to get the next newest and greatest model. Just something to consider.

Another way to look at it is you are getting all of the add-on's at once, and can be financed as part of the deal. Talk to you insurance guy...how much more is insurance?

I have had no buyers remorse about my purchase...best Mustang I have ever had.

Last edited by n4agoodtyme; 12/11/12 at 09:27 AM.
Old 12/11/12, 09:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by n4agoodtyme
The front splitter and rear diffuser are the same that are on the BOSS. Not cheap....

I had a 2008 GT/CS...the orange one in my avatar...and when I sold in January, I got a PREMIUM price for it because it was a GT/CS over a regular GT. If you plan on dumping all of this money into a non-CS car, do not expect to get any of it back when you sell the car. But if you buy it from Ford, the secondary market lists the 402 pkg in the options and you will be able to get more for you car when you decide to get the next newest and greatest model. Just something to consider.

Another way to look at it is you are getting all of the add-on's at once, and can be financed as part of the deal. Talk to you insurance guy...how much more is insurance?

I have had no buyers remorse about my purchase...but Mustang I have ever had.

Everything you need is in this thread
https://themustangsource.com/f802/gr...6/#post6416147

except....

Rear Spoiler - 293.83
http://www.partscheap.com/2010-Ford-...6344210-ca.htm

All you need then is the front splitter, which you can do better aftermarket.
Old 12/11/12, 09:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
Everything you need is in this thread
https://themustangsource.com/f802/gr...6/#post6416147

except....

Rear Spoiler - 293.83
http://www.partscheap.com/2010-Ford-...6344210-ca.htm

All you need then is the front splitter, which you can do better aftermarket.
That's what I am saying...for the $1700-$2000 Ford charges you for this package, you will not come close to this using the aftermarket...AND you will not see any value for the mods at resale.

California Special:
Unique upper black billet grille
Unique lower black billet grille
Tri-bar Pony badge
Unique "GT/CS" side stripes
Unique hood stripes
Lower fascia with fog lamps
Boss air splitter
Unique 19" x 8.5" black painted/machined-aluminum wheels
Unique decklid badge
Unique instrument panel finish panel
Black hood vents
Unique door-panel inserts with bright Pony badge
Unique front and rear leather seats with Miko Suede inserts and "GT/CS" logo
Premium carpeted front floor mats with embroidered "GT/CS" logo
Rear Boss "diffuser-style" lower fascia
Pedestal spoiler and side scoops

All painted and installed waiting on your car when you buy it!
Old 12/11/12, 09:41 AM
Banned

Yeah, but other than the grilles and diffuser, it kinda sucks anyway.

That's why I got a loaded GT premium, then added the grilles, fogs and diffuser, it came close to the $1300 or whatever that the California Special costs, and I still have (in my eyes) the better interior anyway.

If they made a Grabber Blue GT/CS I would have gotten it. Unfortunately they didn't so I had to make my own GT/CS
Old 12/11/12, 11:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Why is this still a question? The OP wants a V6, but the CS look. Hello? Ford offers the MCA package just for these people! As evidenced by the pics already posted. PP + MCA packages, add your scoops and rear pedestal spoiler if you want, then get the Roush front splitter. Done deal, OEM, order from the factory. /thread.
Old 12/11/12, 02:45 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by n4agoodtyme

I have had no buyers remorse about my purchase...best Mustang I have ever had.
Iam only 17 so I really dont know the exact insurance rate but the difference is probably around $600-$750 a year. I guess I will get a higher percent return on a C/S compared to a V6 with the C/S look.... But the savings from insurance and gas might outweigh the premium. But if I get a good deal, a true GT C/S is the way I am willing to go.
Old 12/11/12, 02:46 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
Why is this still a question? The OP wants a V6, but the CS look. Hello? Ford offers the MCA package just for these people! As evidenced by the pics already posted. PP + MCA packages, add your scoops and rear pedestal spoiler if you want, then get the Roush front splitter. Done deal, OEM, order from the factory. /thread.
However the others make a good point. Down the line if I want to sell the car, a GT C/S will fetch a higher percent of what I paid for than a V6 with the C/S loook....
Old 12/11/12, 03:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts

However the others make a good point. Down the line if I want to sell the car, a GT C/S will fetch a higher percent of what I paid for than a V6 with the C/S loook....
You don't get it. The MCA is a Ford offered package. It will command the same retail premium over a standard V6 as a CS will over a standard GT. But then again you're 17, and shouldn't be in neither a 300+ hp car nor a 400+ hp one. The insurance on the V6 is going to rape you, on the GT you will double your car payment.
Old 12/11/12, 03:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by laserred38
You don't get it. The MCA is a Ford offered package. It will command the same retail premium over a standard V6 as a CS will over a standard GT. But then again you're 17, and shouldn't be in neither a 300+ hp car nor a 400+ hp one. The insurance on the V6 is going to rape you, on the GT you will double your car payment.
Hey, I'm totally digging my $850/mo car payments.
Old 12/11/12, 03:30 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
That's a lot to pay IMO.
Old 12/11/12, 04:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
That's a lot to pay IMO.
well it's not a cheap car.
Old 12/11/12, 07:35 PM
GT Member

Iam paying for the car and gas, my dad pays for insurance. I don't like leasing that is why I'm buying it outright.
Old 12/12/12, 10:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

$850?!? I'm paying $265 for my 2013 premium V6
Old 12/12/12, 10:20 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Dfink114
4-year loan, brah. Car was 45k. 40k loan.
Old 12/12/12, 10:57 AM
Cobra Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
If you want the CS graphics, get the CS graphics. Who gives a rat's *** what the idiots (including me) on this (or any) forum think of your car? The key is that it's your car, and you can make it into anything you want. None of us are making the payments for you, so we don't get a vote.

Pretty much anything that can be done 20 a 2013 has probably been done, so if you want to see what a car looks like with your chosen mods, google "2013 mustang xxxx" where "xxxx" is the part you want to see pictures of, and then click Images in the google menu. You don't really need our opinions. You can also google other years as well, because with all the parts are interchangeable. If you want, you can even convert to a 2012 front end (MANY more options currently available for the earlier sheet metal).
Old 12/12/12, 11:02 AM
Cobra Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Dfink114
It's not what you bought, it's how much you financed and for how long. Danielle financed $40k for 48 months - you financed around $16-17K. I financed $18.5 in March/2012, and my payments are $330 over 75 months (and I'm currently 36 months ahead on payments).
Old 12/12/12, 02:59 PM
GT Member

Yeah, but other than the grilles and diffuser, it kinda sucks anyway.

That's why I got a loaded GT premium, then added the grilles, fogs and diffuser, it came close to the $1300 or whatever that the California Special costs, and I still have (in my eyes) the better interior anyway.

If they made a Grabber Blue GT/CS I would have gotten it. Unfortunately they didn't so I had to make my own GT/CS

http://bp3.ford.com/2013-Ford-Mustan...ItYours/Config[|Ford|Mustang|2013|1|1.|200A.P8A..HP..884.8R3Z-63132A08-AC.89W.642.~YZKAA.443.V6.COU.PRE.LRS.58N.53B.]

I just configged a V6 Premium. Came out to around $33,380. My local dealer has a California Special listed for $36k. I figure I can probably get it for $34. So unless this V6 premium comes to under $30, I might as well go with a GT C/S.

Quick Reply: Convert 2013 V6 to have a C/S look?