Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

Body Kit in Progress

Search this Thread

Old 7/30/10, 05:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Like I said before, I'm not happy with the hood pins and perhaps I should have left them off until a solution was availible. Had I more time the outcome would have been different. I had a week to get all this done and get the car shipped to Eastern Europe were I would have no chance of getting it done because body shops here don't have the skills for such a job. As for the hood flying off, I dunno, but I didn't want to risk it. The instructions said put them on so I did. Not much in life is perfect and this is one of those things. Maybe someday I'll buy a new hood or fill the holes, Whatever, but for the moment I'm going to have to live with it. I wish I had all of you there when this was happening and maybe we could have figured something out. No car is perfect and no car is perfect to everybody, we live, learn and mod. When I get some cash I'm looking at getting some black Foose rims and Nitto tires, Steeda lowering springs and shocks, SHR flush louvers that I might paint black, and a tune. My concern now is getting it here so I can enjoy it.

I appreciate all the comments and critics and I hope that the outcome of all your mods and upgrades go exactly as planned.
Old 7/30/10, 08:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Don't sweat it man. Your car looks good. I'm just glad somebody is finally modding these cars. Plus 90% of the extra commments were more for the "it can't be done" comments, that's all. No worries!
Old 7/31/10, 02:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Poppa
...and I hope that the outcome of all your mods and upgrades go exactly as planned.
LOL, we all know how that works.
Old 7/31/10, 01:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by laserred38
And the center section of the front bumper would have looked better painted flat black to match the grille shell, so I'm guessing that's what he forgot to do? I would get that done, have a section of your GT500 spoiler painted flat black too, and then grab SHR's honeycomb decklid panel and tailight bezels when they're available. Then maybe the SHR louvers. When you have the money of course...

Lowering it will make the whole thing look better. For wheels, I envision a glossy black 5-spoke deep dish wheel, with the outer lips painted Race Red.
He forgot the center section of the of the spoiler lip, but I never thought about the lower grill until you mentioned it and I found a pic and it looks really nice so that will be added to the list. Black decklid panel is possible but I don't know about the taillight bezels, might make the rear look too busy. What do you recommend for the louvers, red or black?
Old 8/1/10, 02:43 AM
Team Mustang Source

I ran across this picture on Silver Horse site after getting beat up about my hood pins. I curious as to why they are using 4 pins. http://www.silverhorseracing.com/images/ii_180.jpeg
Old 8/1/10, 05:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
I actually like that look. They look better towards the inside of the "nostrils". I would go with red louvers. Look at SHR's thread in here with their white V6. The black tailight bezels match perfectly with their honeycomb decklid panel. I think it would be just right, combined with the lip of the spoiler black, and that front center section of the bumper like we said.
Old 8/2/10, 05:20 PM
Bullitt Member

I would imagine that SHR has foregone the entire hood latch mechanism.

When placing hood pins on the outer corners ONLY, it's generally recommended that you keep the latch in place as a security measure, as a bubble of air could be trapped right in the front of the hood at high speeds.
Old 8/6/10, 06:26 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by KonaBlue5.0
I would imagine that SHR has foregone the entire hood latch mechanism.

When placing hood pins on the outer corners ONLY, it's generally recommended that you keep the latch in place as a security measure, as a bubble of air could be trapped right in the front of the hood at high speeds.
Yep, that makes sense
Old 8/10/10, 07:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Your car looks great and who cared what a few people think about the hood pins.
Old 8/10/10, 08:01 PM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Function over form I say.
Old 9/14/10, 10:02 AM
GT Member

If this was my car i would try to balance it out by tinting all the marker lights and taillights black and putting a blackout panel on the deckild, and also either get rid of or paint the foe gas cap black.
Old 9/14/10, 01:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by mdun6
If this was my car i would try to balance it out by tinting all the marker lights and taillights black and putting a blackout panel on the deckild, and also either get rid of or paint the foe gas cap black.
I preordered the panel for the decklid from SHR. I'll also get the light trim as well. I have a faux gas cap from a V6, I like that one better than the GT. It's not black but a little chrome back there won't hurt, I think. I hadn't thought about doing the lights, but thats a good idea. Soon as I run across something that is DOT approved I'll get it. Thanks for your advice.
Old 9/14/10, 06:35 PM
GT Member

Your welcome. Here is a pic of my 2008 that a friend of mine painted all the markers and tail lights. I like painting them you can go as light or as dark as you want.

http://

Last edited by mdun6; 9/14/10 at 06:36 PM.
Old 9/15/10, 12:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

Yea, I like that. Looks really good. he made it just the right shade to really compliment the car.
Old 9/22/10, 12:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Nice car

Where did you get the rear light bezels from?