Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

Body Kit in Progress

Search this Thread

Old 7/28/10, 11:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have yet to understand why people can't put hood pins in the correct locations. That looks horrible.
Old 7/28/10, 03:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sscobra
I have yet to understand why people can't put hood pins in the correct locations. That looks horrible.
maybe those don't mount up anywhere else? They may look horrible, but they sure do keep the thing shut, thats all I care about.
Old 7/28/10, 05:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Regardless of the placement of the hood pins (Which, while perhaps not as pleasing to the eye as moving them to the sides, appear to be in the proper place for safety's sake) and the front bumper (to each his own), I think the rest looks fantastic. The rear, side skirts, hood and wing all match this car to the T. Nice choices.
Old 7/28/10, 06:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
Nice!

And as I'm sure you already know, youre stang is begging for some lowering springs lol

Thanks and I was hoping you didn't notice that, lol
Old 7/28/10, 07:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Digital_Synapse
maybe those don't mount up anywhere else? They may look horrible, but they sure do keep the thing shut, thats all I care about.
I wasn't happy with the location, but the headlights prevented them from going on the outside edge without some work I didn't want to do. Too much to explain without pictures, but like you said they keep the thing shut. Thanks I appreciate your comments.
Old 7/28/10, 07:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by KonaBlue5.0
Regardless of the placement of the hood pins (Which, while perhaps not as pleasing to the eye as moving them to the sides, appear to be in the proper place for safety's sake) and the front bumper (to each his own), I think the rest looks fantastic. The rear, side skirts, hood and wing all match this car to the T. Nice choices.
Thanks Kona much appreciated
Old 7/28/10, 10:19 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I also like the execution tremendously. I was glad to see others comment on the hood pins as i found them placed less than pleasingly. Amazing car, perhaps hidden hood locks would be a slightly better option. However again.... amazing car!!! Enjoy.
Old 7/28/10, 10:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by mustangmaniak2010
Needs more black.

I agree, but was not sure where to put it. A portion of the spoiler lip was supposed to be black but the painter forgot. I didn't have time for him to do because this baby is sailing to europe.
Old 7/28/10, 10:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by mdun6
I like it, except the placement of the hood pins. yikes!!!! Was that the only way they could be installed? I think it was me I would have left them off.
I didn't/don't like the placement of the hood pins either, but that was the only place that they would work without doing another mod. I thought about leaving them off but on the highway I drive 80 - 120+ MPH and the last thing I need is a hood flying off.
Old 7/28/10, 10:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by eric n
I also like the execution tremendously. I was glad to see others comment on the hood pins as i found them placed less than pleasingly. Amazing car, perhaps hidden hood locks would be a slightly better option. However again.... amazing car!!! Enjoy.
Thank you
Old 7/28/10, 10:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Actually, that's a pretty decent idea. Perhaps look into hood pins that lack the tassle. I know there was someone on here recently that had nearly flush mount hood pins, and was thinking about getting them paint-matched too. Might be an idea.
Old 7/29/10, 05:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

A vinyl or matte black decklid would really balance the rear stance.
Old 7/29/10, 06:08 AM
GT Member

Don't get me wrong I like the kit alot, just I would have not installed the hood pins until they could have been in the correct location. You have me interested in why you mounted them there and what was in the way of mounting them "correctly", I will look at my car later to understand why.
Old 7/29/10, 07:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Big Poppa
I wasn't happy with the location, but the headlights prevented them from going on the outside edge without some work I didn't want to do. Too much to explain without pictures, but like you said they keep the thing shut. Thanks I appreciate your comments.

This is my exact point. It required "work" to get the correct/best look. Don't get me wrong, the car looks good. I just hate that your awesome hood doesn't look as good as it could. It really throws the look off with having 2 big shiny circles in front of the scoops.
Old 7/30/10, 10:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by sscobra
This is my exact point. It required "work" to get the correct/best look. Don't get me wrong, the car looks good. I just hate that your awesome hood doesn't look as good as it could. It really throws the look off with having 2 big shiny circles in front of the scoops.
Looks good! But do you really need hood pins?
Old 7/30/10, 10:42 AM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Paint match the hood pins to get these people off your back!
Old 7/30/10, 11:54 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Anyone with half a brain could see there really isn't any other place to put the hoodpins with this setup. Take a pic with the hood open to show them. That being said, I would have left them off. And the center section of the front bumper would have looked better painted flat black to match the grille shell, so I'm guessing that's what he forgot to do? I would get that done, have a section of your GT500 spoiler painted flat black too, and then grab SHR's honeycomb decklid panel and tailight bezels when they're available. Then maybe the SHR louvers. When you have the money of course...

Lowering it will make the whole thing look better. For wheels, I envision a glossy black 5-spoke deep dish wheel, with the outer lips painted Race Red.
Old 7/30/10, 02:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

I guess that depends on which half you have....

Take out the outer hood "bump stops" and replace with pins. Done.
Old 7/30/10, 02:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What I really want to know is, are Mustang known for hood flying off at high speed? or could it be the design of this particular hood that make it more prone to flying off at high speed?
Old 7/30/10, 03:58 PM
Bullitt Member

The Super Snake for 2010 didn't seem to have a problem with it.

Quick Reply: Body Kit in Progress