Notices
'10-14 V6 Modifications Place to discuss 2010 V6 modifications

Whiteline transmission mount bushing

Search this Thread

Old 3/11/14, 07:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whiteline transmission mount bushing

i just wanted say that this helped my shifting feel sooo much. ive done a couple of things to try to help it and to keep from getting locked out up 3rd at high rpm shifts. ive tried redline mtf fluid, shifter, and this bushing and the bushing made more of difference than anything. only down side is you can hear the transmission inside of the car more now and the decel vibration you get when leaving it gear and letting of the gas it high rpm is much more noticeable than before. although american muscle and the whiteline website says for 11-14 gt and boss it works on my v6 like it was built for it. guess they have the same mounts. heres a crappy pic but i dont have a lift so i didnt have much room under there to move. Name:  IMAG0705_zps6d49bebf.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  83.3 KB
Old 3/11/14, 08:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for posting the review, I've been wondering how much of a difference this makes.

I'm ordering one now.
Old 3/12/14, 08:07 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by southcarolina12
i just wanted say that this helped my shifting feel sooo much. ive done a couple of things to try to help it and to keep from getting locked out up 3rd at high rpm shifts. ive tried redline mtf fluid, shifter, and this bushing and the bushing made more of difference than anything. only down side is you can hear the transmission inside of the car more now and the decel vibration you get when leaving it gear and letting of the gas it high rpm is much more noticeable than before. although american muscle and the whiteline website says for 11-14 gt and boss it works on my v6 like it was built for it. guess they have the same mounts. heres a crappy pic but i dont have a lift so i didnt have much room under there to move.
Great write up! This bracket does make a big difference for sure. I do wish there was a little bit less transmission noise, but you can't really prevent it when the transmission isn't getting any movement anymore.

Also, have you tried a Clutch line yet? The SR Performance clutch line made a huge difference on my car. The Stock clutch line is the main reason that you're getting locked out of third gear. The stock line expands and contracts under heat and won't allow fluid to pass through, causing you to miss a gear. Check out the clutch line, you won't be disappointed!

Hope this helps.

-Dan
Old 3/12/14, 09:47 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
Great write up! This bracket does make a big difference for sure. I do wish there was a little bit less transmission noise, but you can't really prevent it when the transmission isn't getting any movement anymore.

Also, have you tried a Clutch line yet? The SR Performance clutch line made a huge difference on my car. The Stock clutch line is the main reason that you're getting locked out of third gear. The stock line expands and contracts under heat and won't allow fluid to pass through, causing you to miss a gear. Check out the clutch line, you won't be disappointed!

Hope this helps.

-Dan

Dan,

Can you shoot me a PM with an AM discount code for future use? I just ordered this bushing from you guys last night.

Thanks
Old 3/13/14, 09:01 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by RubyRedMCA_Beast
Dan,

Can you shoot me a PM with an AM discount code for future use? I just ordered this bushing from you guys last night.

Thanks
Yes. Absolutely! I just shot it over. Enjoy!

-Dan
Old 3/13/14, 02:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by RubyRedMCA_Beast
Thanks for posting the review, I've been wondering how much of a difference this makes.

I'm ordering one now.
it really helps a lot but if you are picky about your car making sounds then i wouldnt get it. to me it was defiantly worth it for the improved shifting.

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer

Hope this helps.

-Dan
im planing to put in the upgraded clutch line when i put in the light weight flywheel, stage 1 clutch, and exedy throw out bearing. itll be a while for me to collect the parts but ima just do it all at once.
Old 3/13/14, 03:23 PM
Bullitt Member

it really helps a lot but if you are picky about your car making sounds then i wouldnt get it. to me it was defiantly worth it for the improved shifting.
I'm not worried at all about the NVH. I'll have the windows down, radio up, and exhaust screaming. I don't think I'll notice it.
Old 3/14/14, 08:46 AM
Former Vendor

im planing to put in the upgraded clutch line when i put in the light weight flywheel, stage 1 clutch, and exedy throw out bearing. itll be a while for me to collect the parts but ima just do it all at once.
This is exactly what I did! You'll love the gains. It really is a big difference!

It's said that just the clutch line will prevent the 3rd gear lock out!

-Dan