Notices
'10-14 V6 Modifications Place to discuss 2010 V6 modifications

tuned 11-13 sixxers

Search this Thread

Old 11/13/12, 09:29 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nighthawk283
Do the math yourself to get a more accurate reading then the computer. The computer usually is off from what you may actually be getting. Then for your question that is a good question I am not sure and the instruction that come with it does not say:/
there's many things that are missing with this, im kind of disappointed actually. I'll just give em a call.

I'm wondering about this "hybrid" tune as well
Old 11/13/12, 10:16 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mopar?
Car said im getting 22 mpg now instead of the typical 17 but its probably the computer just readjusting

When i go from the 87 to 89 to I go from 87 to stock to 89 or just straight from 87 to 89
You should only have to go from 87 to 89. when you're uploading the tune, you can select any of the tunes you have on the device to upload. "reconfigure to stock" is a seperate option and doesn't need to be used between tune changes

Just make sure that when you switch to a higher octane tune, run the tank of lower octane til its empty. like really empty. then fill it 1/4 to 1/2 with the higher octane without changing the tune and run that tank to empty. THEN fill it all the way with the higher octane and switch tunes.

This is just to make sure any residual of the lower octane is effectively gone by the time you switch tunes. Wouldn't wanna damage that engine lol
Old 11/13/12, 11:23 PM
GT Member

there's many things that are missing with this, im kind of disappointed actually. I'll just give em a call.

I'm wondering about this "hybrid" tune as well
What is missing? I read about tthat hybrid tune but dont know "exactly" what it is
Old 11/13/12, 11:25 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by future9er24

You should only have to go from 87 to 89. when you're uploading the tune, you can select any of the tunes you have on the device to upload. "reconfigure to stock" is a seperate option and doesn't need to be used between tune changes

Just make sure that when you switch to a higher octane tune, run the tank of lower octane til its empty. like really empty. then fill it 1/4 to 1/2 with the higher octane without changing the tune and run that tank to empty. THEN fill it all the way with the higher octane and switch tunes.

This is just to make sure any residual of the lower octane is effectively gone by the time you switch tunes. Wouldn't wanna damage that engine lol
Spot on to the answer thank you bud. So switching over to any tune is no problem no need for going to the stock. Great advice about the gas.
Old 11/13/12, 11:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by nighthawk283
What is missing? I read about tthat hybrid tune but dont know "exactly" what it is
Well for example when you fill out the info, it doesn't even ask if you have a manual or a auto, the other problem is that they didn't send me any FAQs or anything , just a very vague install paper so yeah I don't know. There's been 0 interaction as well so I guess when I give them a call things may change.

Before I made my decision though, I emailed them several times and never got an answer.

Last edited by mopar?; 11/13/12 at 11:34 PM.
Old 11/13/12, 11:37 PM
GT Member

Well for example when you fill out the info, it doesn't even ask if you have a manual or a auto, the other problem is that they didn't send me any FAQs or anything , just a very vague install paper so yeah I don't know. There's been 0 interaction as well so I guess when I give them a call things may change.
You do got a point I check what came in my box and I don't got that either and as well no question about manual or auto. Keep us posted to what they tell you
Old 11/22/12, 09:10 AM
GT Member

Before I made my decision though, I emailed them several times and never got an answer.
The pcm code of your car tells them if it is auto or manual so it is not needed to have a box to check off like they used to.

BTW, the 93 hybrid tune is awesome!
Old 11/22/12, 11:08 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Getportfolio
I'm not just talking out of my hole either. I've used several hand held tuners on my stangs over the years.. I even used a Diablodport Predator on my beloved Saleen (auto) Mach 1 (manual) , 01 GT auto, and other relatives mustangs. Just my opinion.

Id like to diffuse this by asking what separates an AM Bama tune from any of their other competitors?

We all know SCT tuners will leave you thumbing for a ride.
I have a sct tuner, love it and have never been stranded or ever had any issues with it. I have been running the tune for about a year and freaking love it. I run a 91 performance tune and it pulls hard once your in that 3000 rpm range.