Notices
'10-14 V6 Modifications Place to discuss 2010 V6 modifications

Roush AB, $275, worth it or not?

Search this Thread

Old 3/18/13, 10:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by youngstang90

And that's completely up to each person to decide. On my '06 sixxer, I had my 4.0 screaming! I loved it. Granted I put a lot of money into to get it to sound how it did, but I loved it. And every person I pulled up next to would give me thumbs up. Did it sound like any of my v8s ever did? No. But that doesn't mean that they are better. Everyone relates a v8 to a low rumbling 'beast' tone. I like the high whine a Ferrari or Lamborghini makes....among a huge number of other makes....does that make you wrong? Those cars will generally destroy your car in every aspect of speed and finesse. Then you hear people say..."well I can make my car fast for less money". Or something along those lines. Okay? What's different in the mustang world? You can make any car do what you want it to. What's good in your mind, might not be worth a sh*t to joe blow down the road.

Yes, having a v8 is a blast, and it can sound awesome, but this guy (op) has a car that has a v6 in it....a v6 that puts down some amazing numbers. Numbers that rival almost every mustang of earlier generations.
Same argument, you drive the 5.0....why not the 5.4 or the new 5.8? Those sound better than any 5.0 right?

I mean no disrespect in this post, just tired of the constant and inevitable v6 bashing. And yes, blairnr67, you didn't bash the v6 like others do, I recognize that.

:endrant:
None of that was necessary. We were only referring to SOUND. Not sure where speed, or money, or who is faster than who came into play. I am only, simply stating my opinion on how I think a roush axleback will sound on a v6. I'm not bashing the v6s at all. My mom has a 2010 v6, and I really like that car. I would just never put a loud exhaust on it.
Old 3/18/13, 12:25 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by blairnr67

None of that was necessary. We were only referring to SOUND. Not sure where speed, or money, or who is faster than who came into play. I am only, simply stating my opinion on how I think a roush axleback will sound on a v6. I'm not bashing the v6s at all. My mom has a 2010 v6, and I really like that car. I would just never put a loud exhaust on it.
My long reply was speaking of opinions of sound. You personally don't like the sound on a v6. Some do. I plainly put that I wasn't saying you we're bashing the v6.

I related speed and finesse, saying that you can make any car fast, or any car sound good to your standards.
I'm sorry if I came across as an ***, as stated, I meant no disrespect. And I still mean no disrespect.
Old 3/18/13, 04:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Get er done !!!!!!!!!!!