Notices
'10-14 V6 Modifications Place to discuss 2010 V6 modifications

Just Bama Tuned Ma Stang

Search this Thread

Old 8/12/11, 07:32 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alrighty, it looks like I changed my mind. After a week of driving on the highway, I found myself missing the Street tune. The Performance tune, while very smooth, also seemed to be very boring. Under 3000rpm, you might as well just have your stock settings, which I think is where the car needs the most help. You really have to press the gas pedal for a response if you are cruising in 6th and want to speed up. The exhaust note is almost non existant and I didn't really tell any difference in gas mileage.

I filled the tank with 93 octane and tried the Race tune. Call me crazy, but I couldn't really tell all that much difference between the Race and the Performance tune. So far I have used up half the tank of gas and I ......

switched back to the Street tune. So, here's the deal.

1. The Street Tune makes the Borla Touring exhaust sound mean, I mean reaaaalllllly mean, knowwhatImean. Alot meaner than the Performance or Race tune. I swear the car actually growls and when you punch it on the highway and when you first start it up, you will have an evil grin on your face.

2. The Street Tune gives the car tons more low end torque. The V6 needs tons more low end torque and neither the Performance or Race tune seemed as aggressive as the Street tune.

3. I complained about the drone when slightly pressing the gas but when it wasn't there anymore, I actually missed it. I had alot of cars backing off when it was there than when it wasn't. It only happens when you slightly accelerate on the highway and lightly touch the gas pedal. Gives off a good warning signal, I guess.

4. Alot of people said that the Race tune would get away from you if you were not careful. I never could make it happen in the least and the car almost sounded stock with the Race tune and the Performance tune.

So, I have decided that since the Mustang is a Pony/Muscle car, the Street tune just seems to be a better fit, at least for me anyway. I really recommend the Airaid intake, the Bama 89Street tune, and the Borla Touring exhaust. You won't be disappointed.

Now I just need to save for the Eibach Pro-Kit springs, the strut tower brace, and the aluminum drive shaft, and then I should only need to worry about makin' the monthly payments.
Old 8/13/11, 06:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really wish Bama would show their 1/4 mile times for the street tune so it can be compared to the race tune. The low end torque from the street tune could actually save a little time.