'10-14 V6 Modifications Place to discuss 2010 V6 modifications

Installed Panhard Bar wrong

Search this Thread

Old 7/11/11, 01:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Installed Panhard Bar wrong

Hey guys,

Finally my friend and his brother had sometime this past weekend and helped me install (actually they did all the work) the suspension upgrade which consist of Koni STR-T, Steeda Ultralites, GT500 mounts, and UMI panhard bar. They done this type of work before but the first on a car with a live rear axle. The UMI panhard bar comes with grease fittings and unfortunately they install it with them pointing up. This make it impossible to grease the bushings now because there is not enough space between the grease fittings and top of the bracket.

Think I know the answer but just in case, what will the long term effect of not greasing the polyurethane bushings? Is this something that I should fix ASAP?
Old 7/11/11, 03:28 PM
GTR Member

Did they grease the bushings before they installed it?

If they did then you have time before they would need to be greased again. If they didn't grease them before the install then you need to get them greased ASAP or the bushings will wear prematurely and they will squeak like hell.
Old 7/11/11, 04:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 551 Likes on 357 Posts
What about installing something like these in there

Just need to remove them and match up the threads at the local auto parts store.
Old 7/11/11, 04:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
Did they grease the bushings before they installed it?

If they did then you have time before they would need to be greased again. If they didn't grease them before the install then you need to get them greased ASAP or the bushings will wear prematurely and they will squeak like hell.
If by "they" you mean my friend and his brother then no. They only applied a little lubricant that came with the kit that makes it easier to install the bar. I was actually going to grease the bushing before install but I screw up the grease gun I just purcharse

If you mean UMI then I'm not sure but the intrusions says to add grease after the installation.

I may have to take it to a local shop and have them install it correctly and readjust the bar.

Siber Express:

I think it would be easier if I just have someone install the panhard bar with the grease fittings pointing down and readjust the bar.

Last edited by newpony; 7/11/11 at 04:35 PM.
Old 7/11/11, 04:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by newpony
If by "they" you mean my friend and his brother then no. They only applied a little lubricant that came with the kit that makes it easier to install the bar.

If you mean UMI then I'm not sure but the intrusions says to add grease after the installation.

I may have to take it to a local shop and have them install it correctly.
I am not familiar with UMI's kit but from what you said it sounds like they need to be greased, which as Ltngdrvr stated, they will begin to squeak and wear quickly.

I would say - get your friend and his brother back, fire up the BBQ, and reinstall it
Old 7/11/11, 04:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 551 Likes on 357 Posts
$5 VS whatever they charge to flip them over, just a thought.
Old 7/11/11, 05:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

By the way are we talking days, weeks or months before the bushing go bad? I'll see if I can have them done by the end of this week but with my schedule not sure I'll be able to.
Old 7/11/11, 05:38 PM
GTR Member

Hell, it's only two bolts to remove it and turn it around and re-install it, probably would take all of 15 minutes to do it.

It wouldn't take long before they will start to squeak if you don't get it lubed.