Notices
'10-14 V6 Modifications Place to discuss 2010 V6 modifications

Frpp sport axel backs

Search this Thread

Old 3/23/14, 11:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Frpp sport axel backs

Hi everyone! New to TMS. Was wondering if anyone had the FRPP sport axel backs and how the liked them and if they are worth the price?
Old 3/28/14, 02:30 PM
GT Member

I have them. They went through a terrible winter of salt and look as good as when the dealer put them on. Very well made.

Search YouTube for videos. Most I found represent the sound pretty well. Personally, I'd would have preferred they be a little quieter but I'm still very happy with them.

Last edited by ustabawannab; 3/28/14 at 02:32 PM.
Old 3/28/14, 04:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 551 Likes on 357 Posts
Originally Posted by ustabawannab
I have them. They went through a terrible winter of salt and look as good as when the dealer put them on. Very well made.

Search YouTube for videos. Most I found represent the sound pretty well. Personally, I'd would have preferred they be a little quieter but I'm still very happy with them.
This is why I went with the Borla Tourings, and with the Short tube headers I am as loud but a little deeper.
BTW the FRPP mufflers are made by Borla, the only difference in all but the touring is the tips, the FRPP Touring is Chambered I do believe since it is 50 state legal while the Borla Touring is not (There is a difference between emission Legal and Legal to use it in California).
Old 3/28/14, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by ustabawannab
I have them. They went through a terrible winter of salt and look as good as when the dealer put them on. Very well made. Search YouTube for videos. Most I found represent the sound pretty well. Personally, I'd would have preferred they be a little quieter but I'm still very happy with them.
Is there any drone to them?
Old 3/28/14, 09:23 PM
GT Member

Not at all.

No ricey buzz. Deep for a V6. Not a GT rumble. More an Indy car howl.
Old 3/29/14, 04:15 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Got them. Love them.
No drone problem on this car. When they were on my first car they had a drone. It was an 06 convertible. On my coupe there's no drone.
And yes 2 cars and the same set of axel backs. Built FRPP tough.
Old 3/29/14, 04:17 PM

Awesome thanks for the insight! I think that's going to be my next mod after the tint.
Old 3/29/14, 08:42 PM
Cobra Member

I had them also. I liked them and the only reason I switched hem out for a Mags street cat back was I wanted to upsize the pipes and I wanted something a little quieter as I originally thought I was going to install longtubes and didn't want it to be to loud after doing so but now I have Borla S-types with shorty headers and custom H and I wish I would have went with this setup from the beginning! Nothing wrong with the FRPP sports tho.
Old 3/29/14, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Ajcruz1
I had them also. I liked them and the only reason I switched hem out for a Mags street cat back was I wanted to upsize the pipes and I wanted something a little quieter as I originally thought I was going to install longtubes and didn't want it to be to loud after doing so but now I have Borla S-types with shorty headers and custom H and I wish I would have went with this setup from the beginning! Nothing wrong with the FRPP sports tho.
I'm just wanting to put axel backs. Don't want to void warranty, have been told changing headers can void wrty. How loud were the frpp's just with stock setup?
Old 3/29/14, 09:56 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by apollo25
I'm just wanting to put axel backs. Don't want to void warranty, have been told changing headers can void wrty. How loud were the frpp's just with stock setup?
You won't void your warranty with shorty headers that's for sure. Maybe longtubes but the dealer would have to prove they caused the problem as with any mod you do to your car. Anyway they were louder than GT500 and Magnaflow streets but quieter than the Borla S-types I have now if that helps any. I know it's not always easy to choose exhaust parts that's why I'm on my 3rd set of axle backs but if you can find someone with the ones you want that would be best. Clips don't do most axle-backs justice.
Old 3/30/14, 05:08 AM
Legacy TMS Member

My dealer sees my car at every oil change, the only thing negative said about the Short tube headers was if it came in and the header had to come off I would have to pay for the R&R on it since it is no longer a 5 minute job to remove it.
Old 3/30/14, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Siber Express
My dealer sees my car at every oil change, the only thing negative said about the Short tube headers was if it came in and the header had to come off I would have to pay for the R&R on it since it is no longer a 5 minute job to remove it.
Ok cool so I guess when it comes time I'll just change the whole exhaust system.. Any recommendations on x-pipe or h- pipe?
Old 3/30/14, 04:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Ok cool so I guess when it comes time I'll just change the whole exhaust system.. Any recommendations on x-pipe or h- pipe?
I have the Factory Cats and Resonators on mine with the FRPP Cut and Clamp X Pipe, I wanted to stay legal so I kept the factory stuff on mine. No need me breaking any Federal laws either, fines are more than I care to spend if I got caught
Old 3/30/14, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Siber Express
I have the Factory Cats and Resonators on mine with the FRPP Cut and Clamp X Pipe, I wanted to stay legal so I kept the factory stuff on mine. No need me breaking any Federal laws either, fines are more than I care to spend if I got caught
What brand of shorty headers did you put on?
Old 3/30/14, 04:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

BBK, I also have Borla Touring Mufflers.
If you want to hear the difference with just the headers check out my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnB...zOHTbirOQFCRrA
I have video of the stock mufflers before and after the headers as well as how it sounds now.
Old 3/31/14, 10:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One more +1 for them, I have them and they're great! My GF even loves them, so you know they have to be great!