'10-14 V6 Modifications Place to discuss 2010 V6 modifications

'14 AT - Best Sounding Exhaust??

Search this Thread

Old 6/28/14 | 09:39 PM
V6 Member

Also keep in mind no matter how much fun it is to watch/listen to clips of exhausts on youtube etc most video's don't compare to what the exhaust sounds like in person. It will give you a round about idea of what it will sound like, but the only real way to judge how different exhausts sound is to hear them in person. My exhaust is a perfect example, on video it sounds a little loud but nothing extreme.... but in person its MUCH louder.
Old 6/29/14 | 12:23 AM
FSP

Originally Posted by DRaider90
Also keep in mind no matter how much fun it is to watch/listen to clips of exhausts on youtube etc most video's don't compare to what the exhaust sounds like in person. It will give you a round about idea of what it will sound like, but the only real way to judge how different exhausts sound is to hear them in person. My exhaust is a perfect example, on video it sounds a little loud but nothing extreme.... but in person its MUCH louder.
Thanks DRaider, I am worried about spending $800+ and then not liking the sound at all.
Old 6/29/14 | 06:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

This is the Borla V6 Exhaust Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyJCVQuyWVw
It will give you a better idea of what they sound like since they use better Microphones to record. Just remember to listen with higher quality speakers or headset.

Last edited by Siber Express; 6/29/14 at 06:40 AM.
Old 6/30/14 | 02:55 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Siber Express
This is the Borla V6 Exhaust Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyJCVQuyWVw It will give you a better idea of what they sound like since they use better Microphones to record. Just remember to listen with higher quality speakers or headset.
I have the same BBK headers and FRPP cut and clamp x pipe, I had the touring mufflers and it sounded alright, then I switched to the s types and they roar at wot! Great for daily driving, nice deep rumble at idle and they sound great all through the rpms, I get a lot of crackles and pops when shifting it sounds great, back when I had stock headers and h pipe, I had the roush AB and they we way too loud for me, just way to much attention, it got me in a lot of trouble, i came home one day and my dad had put the stock mufflers back on and said that's enough he got way to many comments from neighbors in my community saying it's ridiculous how loud and obnoxious it was, I think the roush are way too loud, it's not even tolerable even when your trying to go slow and stay in the lower rpms it's still way too loud, the s types are perfect!
Old 6/30/14 | 12:36 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FSP
Thanks DRaider, I am worried about spending $800+ and then not liking the sound at all.
FSP, the best advice I can give you is to attend some local mustang / car shows and see what people have. Most guys I've met love talking about the work they've done and are happy to let you hear it to judge for yourself. If you can't do that, try youtube.

Exhaust sound is very subjective. I've heard many setups that I thought sounded awful but the owner loved it. Some love a loud, raspy scream while others love a softer, mellow burble.
Old 7/10/14 | 12:36 PM

The Ford racing Sport muffler made by borla. I got them an get complements all the time.
Old 7/30/14 | 10:53 PM

I know I am a little late answering to this thread and you might have bought an exhaust already. But, I have a '14 AT and I put Flowmaster 40s on and I love them. I am however about to put on a set of GT500 AB I just picked up for $200 for a little deeper tone and less drone.
Old 7/31/14 | 07:04 AM
Bullitt Member

I was thinking of getting the Borla S-type Quads for the GT500 and installing them on my v6 mustang. Hoping with stock Cats, it wouldn't sound too bad. I hate raspy sounding exhausts but I am hoping for something more aggressive. I know we cannot achieve v8 muscle car sounds so I am hoping for something more exotic haha. I like parts that have a touch of class about them and are not total boy racer if that makes sense.
Old 8/3/14 | 09:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by killaz05
I was thinking of getting the Borla S-type Quads for the GT500 and installing them on my v6 mustang. Hoping with stock Cats, it wouldn't sound too bad. I hate raspy sounding exhausts but I am hoping for something more aggressive. I know we cannot achieve v8 muscle car sounds so I am hoping for something more exotic haha. I like parts that have a touch of class about them and are not total boy racer if that makes sense.
You want exotic? Go with Mac short tube headers, X pipe and Basani, Borla, or MagnaFlow axel backs. Don't ever get mufflers made for a V8 let alone one that's 5.4L and supercharged. You can get away with the stock GT 500 mufflers but that's it....the aftermarkets WILL make your car sound wrong.
Old 8/5/14 | 07:55 AM
GT Member

I'd say grab some shorties and start there. They give more sound, more low rumble, and some hp and tq. If it's not enough sound, you can always swap the mid-pipe and mufflers later.
Old 8/5/14 | 02:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Little late here. OP have you chose a set yet? Love the sound that comes from my Borla S and BBK shorties.