Notices
'10-14 V6 Modifications Place to discuss 2010 V6 modifications

1-Piece Driveshaft and BRM Loop Fitment Issues?

Search this Thread

Old 8/29/12, 07:56 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1-Piece Driveshaft and BMR Loop Fitment Issues?

I'm about to pick up a 1-piece aluminum driveshaft from American Muscle, and I wanted to get the driveshaft safety loop at the same time. Looking at the two BMR safety loops, it looks like they both have potential fitment issues with a 1-piece driveshaft.

The rear loop says you must take care at full suspension droop with a 1-piece driveshaft (WTF?). The front loop says that shimming may be required when using a 1-piece driveshaft.

Anybody with either of these loops and an aluminum AM driveshaft have these issues? What is the shimming they are talking about?

Last edited by zbrewha863; 8/29/12 at 01:05 PM.
Old 8/29/12, 11:48 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zbrewha863
I'm about to pick up a 1-piece aluminum driveshaft from American Muscle, and I wanted to get the driveshaft safety loop at the same time. Looking at the two BMR safety loops, it looks like they both have potential fitment issues with a 1-piece driveshaft.

The rear loop says you must take care at full suspension droop with a 1-piece driveshaft (WTF?). The front loop says that shimming may be required when using a 1-piece driveshaft.

Anybody with either of these loops and an aluminum AM driveshaft have these issues? What is the shimming they are talking about?
zbrewha863,

The shimming in the description is referring to putting washers or shims where the loop bolts to the brace. This lowers the loop to the ground for extra drive-shaft clearance, since the one piece drive-shaft is wider and has a slightly different angle then stock.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I need to clarify anything!

Shane
Old 8/29/12, 12:36 PM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 125 Likes on 101 Posts
I had to space down my 'Steeda' driveshaft safety loop around an inch. This gives it more clearance for when you (for example) jack one side of your Mustang up to change a rear tire, so the driveshaft doesn't touch the safety loop.
Old 8/29/12, 01:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
zbrewha863,

The shimming in the description is referring to putting washers or shims where the loop bolts to the brace. This lowers the loop to the ground for extra drive-shaft clearance, since the one piece drive-shaft is wider and has a slightly different angle then stock.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I need to clarify anything!

Shane
Originally Posted by David Young
I had to space down my 'Steeda' driveshaft safety loop around an inch. This gives it more clearance for when you (for example) jack one side of your Mustang up to change a rear tire, so the driveshaft doesn't touch the safety loop.
Ok guys thanks for clarifying, that's what I thought it was but I didn't want to assume.