Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Who makes the best tune?

Search this Thread

Old 7/6/14, 03:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
We're talking at the track with a sticky tire. Have you ever taken your big bad V6 to the track?
someone like you just needs to have a gt500 owner talk down to you once in a while to teach you a lesson. And I understand you dislike Bama tunes, but you have yet to answer why they are unsafe(asked multiple times.) AM has been nothing but respectful and trying to help and you're nothing but rude to them.
Old 7/6/14, 03:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MDkid92
someone like you just needs to have a gt500 owner talk down to you once in a while to teach you a lesson. And I understand you dislike Bama tunes, but you have yet to answer why they are unsafe(asked multiple times.) AM has been nothing but respectful and trying to help and you're nothing but rude to them.
Well it's not going to be you teaching me a lesson now is it?

I have answered it many times here and other sites.

AM is just trying to do damage control, something you don't see other tuners doing.
Old 7/6/14, 11:22 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well it's not going to be you teaching me a lesson now is it?

I have answered it many times here and other sites.

AM is just trying to do damage control, something you don't see other tuners doing.
Again, how does a company become the words largest tuner of mustangs and yet delivery unsafe tunes? How does a corporation destroy vehicle engines and have continued success such as AM and bama? Some of us on here are confused about this, need your guidance and leadership. I mean bama basically offered to brush your teeth and wipe your rectum for you and yet no response. ??????
Old 7/7/14, 03:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
Again, how does a company become the words largest tuner of mustangs and yet delivery unsafe tunes? How does a corporation destroy vehicle engines and have continued success such as AM and bama? Some of us on here are confused about this, need your guidance and leadership. I mean bama basically offered to brush your teeth and wipe your rectum for you and yet no response. ??????
Dude stop trolling me and being an a$$. We all know **** well they aren't coming to my house and the comments about brushing my teeth and wiping my a$$ is not necessary. I have responded to your questions here and other sites. You just can't comprehend what I'm saying.
Old 7/7/14, 04:53 AM
Post *****

Dude stop trolling me and being an a$$. .
You're the only one that's been an a$$ on this entire thread.

but you continue with this condescending attitude.
And you're the only one with the condescending attitude. Why don't you dial it down a couple of notches hotshot before mods get sick of your crap. Many members already are.
Old 7/7/14, 05:02 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
You're the only one that's been an a$$ on this entire thread. And you're the only one with the condescending attitude. Why don't you dial it down a couple of notches hotshot before mods get sick of your crap. Many members already are.
Charlie... I'll actually digress and comment on the words "damage control" he mentions. I actually agree with this part. They've done it to him, as well as to me, and to others not only here on this forum but elsewhere. I was thinking of a comparison...and I came up with :drumroll: it's like the husband who continually goes astray and does something wrong to the wife and repeatedly says sorry and tries to keep her somewhat happy (and quiet) with incessant apologies and bouquets of flowers. That to me is "damage control". It gets old. And folks get fed up. That's why I'll never buy from AM...personal experience. As for the husband reference, a better solution, would be, how about owning up to the mistakes, and striving to actually make better decisions and become better in every way?

Anyways... Just my 2 cents in this.
Old 7/7/14, 06:42 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Dude stop trolling me and being an a$$. We all know **** well they aren't coming to my house and the comments about brushing my teeth and wiping my a$$ is not necessary. I have responded to your questions here and other sites. You just can't comprehend what I'm saying.
" I should stop being an a$$" Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black. Good grief man, are you kidding me? That's actually laughable. Clearly , your not a fan of Bama and that's fine but clearly others don't feel the same. Again, a company doesn't become a leader in their industry by doing garbage work. A company doesn't become the worlds leading tuners of mustangs by producing unsafe tunes that destroys thousands of engines and transmissions.

You could make an educated point that perhaps bama doesn't make the most aggressive tune compared to others tuners but bama is not about that. Bama is about giving safe, reliable tunes with added performance.

Last edited by 2011 Kona Blue; 7/7/14 at 06:45 AM.
Old 7/7/14, 07:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
Again, a company doesn't become a leader in their industry by doing garbage work. A company doesn't become the worlds leading tuners of mustangs by producing unsafe tunes that destroys thousands of engines and transmissions.
Based on what? Who gave them the title of being the leaders in this industry?

What they are good at is marketing unsuspecting people.
Old 7/7/14, 08:49 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Based on what? Who gave them the title of being the leaders in this industry?

What they are good at is marketing unsuspecting people.
Based on their customer base. The consumers who use bama tunes gave them the title as being leaders in the industry. Well clearly, the thousands of unsuspecting customers don't have your intelligence.
Old 7/7/14, 09:31 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Jay@Hypermotive
Its unfortunate that when we discuss tuning it turns more into a "who's better than who' or "this company sucks". We all enjoy or stick to one brand.

The only thing that really upsets me is... there is a company in here (that I'll not mention) who has had a lot of difficulties tuning lately (mainly because they didn't have a full time tuner) that bought 4 HP tuner cables for their company. I'm not saying they bought HP tuners to copy other company's tunes but just the fact they bought 4... not 1 but 4 cables tells me otherwise. I guess when you try and own the industry that's what happens.

End rant/
Hey Jay,

I'm not sure exactly what you're speaking about here or where you heard this information. HP Tuners is based on a license subscription, not a "cable" subscription. We bought HP Tuners for various reasons including the cost to flash an entire in-house fleet is far cheaper than using devices on each vehicle. Like mechanics, tuners need various tools in their "tool-box" for testing and development. There are parameters in each set of tuning software not offered by the other, etc. If we wanted to read someone else's tunes, we have much better tools to do so than HP Tuners.

Hope this helps clear things up.

-Dan
Old 7/7/14, 09:43 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Charlie... I'll actually digress and comment on the words "damage control" he mentions. I actually agree with this part. They've done it to him, as well as to me, and to others not only here on this forum but elsewhere. I was thinking of a comparison...and I came up with :drumroll: it's like the husband who continually goes astray and does something wrong to the wife and repeatedly says sorry and tries to keep her somewhat happy (and quiet) with incessant apologies and bouquets of flowers. That to me is "damage control". It gets old. And folks get fed up. That's why I'll never buy from AM...personal experience. As for the husband reference, a better solution, would be, how about owning up to the mistakes, and striving to actually make better decisions and become better in every way?

Anyways... Just my 2 cents in this.
Hey,

I know you're upset with us and you have been. We've tried to make things right with you multiple times. I would still love to regain your business and respect. Just shoot me a quick email (dan(dot)bailer(at)americanmuscle(dot)com) with some information on the past order/orders and I'll make sure this is taken care of, quickly.

We're always going to apologize if a mistake is made. Nobody is perfect and mistakes happen. We'll always go the extra mile to make sure our customers are in good hands and satisfied, though. I think you explained it perfectly.. We always own up to mistakes and strive to make ourselves better as a business every single day. Your feedback is very important to us and definitely helps us become better as a group. I know you may see some complaints on the forums but if you look around there is way more positive feedback than negative. A very small percentage of our customers are on the forums as well. We have thousands of extremely happy customers, a very small return rate and very little complaints. We're going to do our best to be as close to perfect as possible and will continue to make sure all of our customers have a great experience with us. However, sometimes mistakes do come up. We'll jump on it immediately and make sure it's resolved!

Hope this helps.. I look forward to speaking with you. If you don't wish to email me I completely understand. Just please understand your opinion and feedback is important to me.

-Dan
Old 7/7/14, 01:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco
You're the only one that's been an a$$ on this entire thread. And you're the only one with the condescending attitude. Why don't you dial it down a couple of notches hotshot before mods get sick of your crap. Many members already are.
x2!!
Old 7/7/14, 01:16 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
JDM Engineering… LOL. tuning with them right at this moment!!! so far, initial start up, idle, 55mph cruise is perfect. Great customer service too.
Old 7/7/14, 01:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
If we wanted to read someone else's tunes, we have much better tools to do so than HP Tuners.
Care to share as to what tools??

-Matt
Old 7/7/14, 05:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
*snip*

We all know **** well they aren't coming to my house...
Address and date/time please?

Last edited by AMChrisRose; 7/7/14 at 05:26 PM.
Old 7/7/14, 05:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Arrow

Originally Posted by AMChrisRose
Address and date/time please?
Lebanon Valley New York. 7/18. I'll be running my car at their track. Show up with your best tune and see how it fares against my current tune.
Old 7/7/14, 08:33 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Lebanon Valley New York. 7/18. I'll be running my car at their track. Show up with your best tune and see how it fares against my current tune.
That's not your home address. You said AM wouldn't **** well come to your house ! I believe AM just called you out and you deflected there offer. AM wanted your home address and they would go to your house. AM just threw the gauntlet down and b otch slapped you like a red headed step child.

The truth is you don't even know why you actually hate AM. Perhaps AM takes business away from your financial tuning interests. Have you ever been to the AM car show? Clearly , you haven't because there are thousands of registered mustangs all loving on AM. There all about AM because AM is awesome. It must gall you too see the success that AM and Bama have in the mustang performance world.

In the almost 4 years of dealing with AM and Bama I have never had a bad experience with them.

Last edited by 2011 Kona Blue; 7/7/14 at 08:39 PM.
Old 7/8/14, 06:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Enough already.