Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Who makes the best tune?

Search this Thread

Old 7/2/14, 05:57 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
We're talking at the track with a sticky tire.

Have you ever taken your big bad V6 to the track?
No sir. I don't track my car or have sticky tires. I run mine on private roads and my factory tires work great for my big bad v6. Lol. Again, just curious on how can the worlds leading tuner of mustangs be the worlds leading tuner of mustangs if they make unsafe, crappy tunes? How does that happen? I would think if bama was blowing up engines all over the place, they wouldn't be the worlds leading tuner of mustangs.

I certainly love my MPT and Steeda tune as well but bama has been good to go for for 3 1/2 years. Maybe dude needs some different sticky tires!

Last edited by 2011 Kona Blue; 7/2/14 at 06:01 AM.
Old 7/2/14, 12:16 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue

I certainly love my MPT and Steeda tune as well but bama has been good to go for for 3 1/2 years. Maybe dude needs some different sticky tires!
What would different sticky tires have to do with the car bogging off a semi aggressive launch? The car sensed it hooking and went into safe mode, that is an engine management issue and one I would rather be without.
With Mike Rousch only being an hour and a half away I will probably get the IM I want along with some cat deletes, have him tune it and then head back to the track when the heat dies down for some real times.
Old 7/2/14, 12:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, you're cool.
Old 7/2/14, 12:58 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
Thanks for all the input. Right now I am leaning towards Steeda. I will have to think about this before I make my final verdict.

Jack
Let me know when you are ready ... you can reach me at tim@steeda.com.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 7/2/14, 12:59 PM

Old 7/2/14, 01:55 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by scott9050

What would different sticky tires have to do with the car bogging off a semi aggressive launch? The car sensed it hooking and went into safe mode, that is an engine management issue and one I would rather be without.
With Mike Rousch only being an hour and a half away I will probably get the IM I want along with some cat deletes, have him tune it and then head back to the track when the heat dies down for some real times.
Different sticky tire. Nothing at all. I was joking. Grabber mentioned about at the track and stickier tire.

Last edited by 2011 Kona Blue; 7/2/14 at 01:58 PM.
Old 7/2/14, 02:26 PM
Bullitt Member

See below. I've not heard anything really good or bad about them here's some feedback that doesn't look promising. Disabling the knock sensors is not good. Something Bama used to do and I believe in some capacity still does.

That's torque management not being turned off exactly as you state. I've seen it twice with my own eyes data logging for people on a Bama tune.
False. We do not touch knock sensors and we do change multiple torque management parameters. I understand that you're trying to spread knowledge and help people make an informed buying decision, but I have no problem being 100% transparent and showing you that it's not the case.

If you give me your address, I will have Bama show up to your house with a mobile dyno and do a comparison. Let me know.

Originally Posted by Glenn
Chris are you saying you reworked all your tunes. Even the ones for the 05-09's
We haven't really done much for the 05-09 GT's since we've always had the safest and most powerful tunes for the 3V's. They've been consistently performing great. Our improvements have all been in the 11+ 5.0L and 3.7L group.

How have you been, btw?

Last edited by AMChrisRose; 7/2/14 at 02:31 PM.
Old 7/2/14, 02:46 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by AMChrisRose

False. We do not touch knock sensors and we do change multiple torque management parameters. I understand that you're trying to spread knowledge and help people make an informed buying decision, but I have no problem being 100% transparent and showing you that it's not the case.

If you give me your address, I will have Bama show up to your house with a mobile dyno and do a comparison. Let me know.

We haven't really done much for the 05-09 GT's since we've always had the safest and most powerful tunes for the 3V's. They've been consistently performing great. Our improvements have all been in the 11+ 5.0L and 3.7L group.

How have you been, btw?
Don't waste your time bro. The lights are on but nobody home. Ba ha ha ha. AM rocks.
Old 7/2/14, 03:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by AMChrisRose

Dynos are a joke. I'm only interested in track numbers.

My personal best is 11.4 @ 121 mph in crappy D/A. Your shop car went what? 11.7-11.8?
Old 7/2/14, 03:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Dynos are a joke. I'm only interested in track numbers.

My personal best is 11.4 @ 121 mph in crappy D/A. Your shop car went what? 11.7-11.8?
We went 11.76 @ 119.45 with a stock trans / stock converter on full weight Bullitt wheels and street tires. No Boss intake manifold, no long tube headers, etc. We did that November of 2010, over 3.5 years ago. We then put on slicks/skinnies (like you) and ran 11.68 @ 120.8 mph same-day. If you look, it was actually in the top 5 fastest auto 11 GT's in the country, even on stock converter having to launch nearly off idle: http://www.modularfords.com/threads/...=1#post1648118

With a converter, long tubes, boss intake and tons of BMR goodies you went ~.2 faster and less than a MPH faster (almost identical MPH)?

Tell us a local track, we'll show up and do back to back runs with Bama tune and whatever you're currently running? As long as it's another mail order custom tune and not something custom built/logged/remote. If that's the case, then give us a revision or two and I'll bet we can match it or beat it.

Chris

Last edited by AMChrisRose; 7/2/14 at 03:37 PM.
Old 7/2/14, 03:49 PM
Bullitt Member

AM has called you out 3 different times. They even offered to come to your house with a dyno and serve lunch (unreal they will go through all that to prove you're wrong). You just keep ducking.
Old 7/2/14, 03:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by devilcaninex
AM has called you out 3 different times. They even offered to come to your house with a dyno and serve lunch (unreal they will go through all that to prove you're wrong). You just keep ducking.
We would totally bring lunch!

Does Connecticut have Little Caesars?

Seriously, though. Even after correcting his "crappy" D/A, he went 3-4 tenths faster with long tube headers, aftermarket converter, boss intake manifold and more suspension mods. Sounds about the same, IMO. Color me crazy!

Last edited by AMChrisRose; 7/2/14 at 04:03 PM.
Old 7/2/14, 09:27 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

No need for AM to try and convince clearly a member whose mind is made up about Bama's tunes. Grabber blue 5.0 clearly doesn't think much of Bama's tunes and that's certainly his prerogative as Bobby cocaine Brown sang about. No big deal and why bother trying to convince one guy who is not going to admit their wrong if they were wrong. Clearly any company does not become a industry leader in their business by providing a crappy product that destroys customers property.

Bama provides a great, safe, reliable tune which is key to making them the worlds leading performance tuner for mustangs. A company doesn't have the success that AM and Bama has had by being some fly by night company that does shotty work. Bama has called Grabber Blue 5.0 out three times and offered to go to the mans house. Dang son. Holy crap folks. The length that Bama will go to back up their products and abilities.

I personally would not bother trying to convince Grabber because dude's mind is made up and his pride would never let him admit he was potentially wrong.

Last edited by 2011 Kona Blue; 7/2/14 at 09:29 PM.
Old 7/3/14, 11:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
No need for AM to try and convince clearly a member whose mind is made up about Bama's tunes. Grabber blue 5.0 clearly doesn't think much of Bama's tunes and that's certainly his prerogative as Bobby cocaine Brown sang about. No big deal and why bother trying to convince one guy who is not going to admit their wrong if they were wrong. Clearly any company does not become a industry leader in their business by providing a crappy product that destroys customers property.

Bama provides a great, safe, reliable tune which is key to making them the worlds leading performance tuner for mustangs. A company doesn't have the success that AM and Bama has had by being some fly by night company that does shotty work. Bama has called Grabber Blue 5.0 out three times and offered to go to the mans house. Dang son. Holy crap folks. The length that Bama will go to back up their products and abilities.

I personally would not bother trying to convince Grabber because dude's mind is made up and his pride would never let him admit he was potentially wrong.
I agree they wont change his mind. I do have to give them props for trying. They all but offered to come walk his dog and give him a haircut. I have to say AM has always come in here and fixed issues for customers. I have not bought anything from them yet, but I read the forums and any time ive seen anyone raise concerns they jump in and go above and beyond to fix things. More companies should have the type of customer service they have.
Old 7/3/14, 09:12 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by devilcaninex
I agree they wont change his mind. I do have to give them props for trying. They all but offered to come walk his dog and give him a haircut. I have to say AM has always come in here and fixed issues for customers. I have not bought anything from them yet, but I read the forums and any time ive seen anyone raise concerns they jump in and go above and beyond to fix things. More companies should have the type of customer service they have.
I totally agree. I give mad props to AM going far far far above and beyond. They basically offered to vacuum dudes floors, cut his grass and scrub his tub.
Old 7/5/14, 09:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Not a 5.0 but running a Steeda 93 octane tune on my 3.7 and have been very satisfied with it. Driveablity is equal to stock - butter smooth idle, smooth power delivery, no issues. They also offer tunes for life which I have taken advantage of 4 different times for mods. Their turn around time is quick and they have taken care of all my needs.
Old 7/6/14, 05:27 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by RubyRedMCA_Beast
Not a 5.0 but running a Steeda 93 octane tune on my 3.7 and have been very satisfied with it. Driveablity is equal to stock - butter smooth idle, smooth power delivery, no issues. They also offer tunes for life which I have taken advantage of 4 different times for mods. Their turn around time is quick and they have taken care of all my needs.
thanks for the input.

Jack
Old 7/6/14, 05:29 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
My jdm engineering tune is inbound tomorrow. Hope to get everything on then
Old 7/6/14, 08:00 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Its unfortunate that when we discuss tuning it turns more into a "who's better than who' or "this company sucks". We all enjoy or stick to one brand.

The only thing that really upsets me is... there is a company in here (that I'll not mention) who has had a lot of difficulties tuning lately (mainly because they didn't have a full time tuner) that bought 4 HP tuner cables for their company. I'm not saying they bought HP tuners to copy other company's tunes but just the fact they bought 4... not 1 but 4 cables tells me otherwise. I guess when you try and own the industry that's what happens.

End rant/
Old 7/6/14, 02:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Jay@Hypermotive
Its unfortunate that when we discuss tuning it turns more into a "who's better than who' or "this company sucks". We all enjoy or stick to one brand.

The only thing that really upsets me is... there is a company in here (that I'll not mention) who has had a lot of difficulties tuning lately (mainly because they didn't have a full time tuner) that bought 4 HP tuner cables for their company. I'm not saying they bought HP tuners to copy other company's tunes but just the fact they bought 4... not 1 but 4 cables tells me otherwise. I guess when you try and own the industry that's what happens.

End rant/
I fail to see the point of posting a mystery insinuation.

Last edited by 65sohc; 7/6/14 at 02:55 PM.

Quick Reply: Who makes the best tune?