Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

BAMA Race Tune - Sputter

Search this Thread

Old 7/22/15, 02:08 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BAMA Race Tune - Sputter

12-GT After having my BAMA tune on Performance since purchase, this morning I decided to see what the Race setting would do. It is tuned to 91 octane even though I run 93.
Upon startup it smelled gassy, but warmed up as normal. As I pulled out of the neighborhood and hit the gas, it went to a loud popping, and acted as though it was not getting gas. The wrench light came on as well.
I pulled off and set it back to performance, and it ran fine, although it did not have the same pop as before. I need to go back and make sure I did not set it to daily driver by accident during my panic.
I am going to reach out to them, however the feedback here is always more honest, and at times more educated.

Anyone have thoughts or experience on this? Hope I haven't crapped something up.

Last edited by HMR-TYM; 7/22/15 at 02:15 PM.
Old 7/22/15, 02:25 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i had exactly same scenario when i drove the BAMA tune my first time, i went back to stock and got with BAMA customer service. they asked to fill out again the form and list all the parts in the box. next time the issue was fixed.
Old 7/22/15, 02:33 PM
GT Member

Thanks Shiaz. I had really hoped that is what someone would come back with.
Old 7/22/15, 03:37 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by HMR-TYM
12-GT After having my BAMA tune on Performance since purchase, this morning I decided to see what the Race setting would do. It is tuned to 91 octane even though I run 93.
Upon startup it smelled gassy, but warmed up as normal. As I pulled out of the neighborhood and hit the gas, it went to a loud popping, and acted as though it was not getting gas. The wrench light came on as well.
I pulled off and set it back to performance, and it ran fine, although it did not have the same pop as before. I need to go back and make sure I did not set it to daily driver by accident during my panic.
I am going to reach out to them, however the feedback here is always more honest, and at times more educated.

Anyone have thoughts or experience on this? Hope I haven't crapped something up.
Hey HMR,

I'm really sorry to hear about this and I know how it must feel!

Luckily, I'm positive that this was a freak incident and the Bama will get you fixed up in no time!

Shoot them over a call and they'll take care of ya!

If you need anything else at all, I'm just a PM away and we'll get this set.

-Will
Old 7/22/15, 03:46 PM
GT Member

Thanks Shane/AMWill, I figured that one would pull you out. I appreciate you guys responding as always. I went ahead and placed the order for a new tune just now and will give them a call tomorrow just to touch base.
On another note, I made a mistake. I ordered fender vents (384822) about 20 days ago. Im not going to use them now, but I know I can not return pre-painted parts. The box is unopened. Do you think if I bring them to the tent at the show on the 15th there is any chance they may let me trade for something of equal or even lesser value?
Old 7/22/15, 04:04 PM
Former Vendor

Thanks Shane/AMWill, I figured that one would pull you out. I appreciate you guys responding as always. I went ahead and placed the order for a new tune just now and will give them a call tomorrow just to touch base.
On another note, I made a mistake. I ordered fender vents (384822) about 20 days ago. Im not going to use them now, but I know I can not return pre-painted parts. The box is unopened. Do you think if I bring them to the tent at the show on the 15th there is any chance they may let me trade for something of equal or even lesser value?
I've got a better idea. Why don't I just let you return those for a full refund!

I actually was going to go ahead and get it all setup for you as we speak, but unfortunately with the order # you gave me, it's coming up as an order for Bumper Insert Letters. Is there a typo in there somewhere?

Regardless, I'll get you all setup man!

-Will
Old 7/22/15, 04:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the exact same experience the very frist time I loaded my perf tune. I think there is a learning curve/time needed by ecu to adjust to the new parameters. It ran fine after some time. And it continues to run very very fine today.
Old 7/22/15, 05:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Go to post #30 to see my first time experience with the tune.

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...536135/index2/
Old 7/22/15, 06:16 PM
GT Member

Thanks so much dohc97. It really freaked me out. I love that I can come here and get such great feedback on similar experiences. I appreciate you guys taking the time to respond. My mind is at ease.
Old 7/22/15, 06:24 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by AMWill
I've got a better idea. Why don't I just let you return those for a full refund!

I actually was going to go ahead and get it all setup for you as we speak, but unfortunately with the order # you gave me, it's coming up as an order for Bumper Insert Letters. Is there a typo in there somewhere?

Regardless, I'll get you all setup man!

-Will
I am blown away. The service has always been over the top with AM. I manage a hotel and you guys do exactly what we preach every day. The ownership and the fact that every employee is empowered will take you a long way. Thank you so much.
384822-UA is the item number. The order number is 5510595.
This makes it easy to wait on that back ordered cup holder cover. I sincerely appreciate your service.

Last edited by HMR-TYM; 7/23/15 at 05:27 AM.
Old 7/23/15, 10:33 AM
Former Vendor

I am blown away. The service has always been over the top with AM. I manage a hotel and you guys do exactly what we preach every day. The ownership and the fact that every employee is empowered will take you a long way. Thank you so much.
384822-UA is the item number. The order number is 5510595.
This makes it easy to wait on that back ordered cup holder cover. I sincerely appreciate your service.
Hey HMR,

Check your email

I have the return all setup for you and have sent all the info over to your email.

I'm glad I could help and I appreciate your business.

If you ever need anything, you know where to find me.

-Will
Old 7/23/15, 11:28 AM
GT Member

Got it, thanks again Will
Old 7/23/15, 12:28 PM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Anyone can sell parts. Its the customer satisfaction that determines how long that the company will be in business. I enjoy when companies stand up and back there products to the consumer. people work hard for there money these days and there Mustang is there baby.
Excellent job American Muscle. Now I want to read how that race tune makes out.
Old 7/23/15, 02:57 PM
Former Vendor

Got it, thanks again Will
Originally Posted by boss man
Anyone can sell parts. Its the customer satisfaction that determines how long that the company will be in business. I enjoy when companies stand up and back there products to the consumer. people work hard for there money these days and there Mustang is there baby.
Excellent job American Muscle. Now I want to read how that race tune makes out.
I appreciate that guys!

We are here to help our customers and do what we can, when we can to make sure you are all happy.

If anyone ever needs anything, you know exactly where to find me!

-Will
Old 7/23/15, 08:50 PM
GT Member

Boss Man, they had it all turned around in less than four business hours and reached out to me by phone twice. A guy named Van took ownership from the Bama department. It will be Sat before I can make it all happen. I will update, but I feel good about it.
Old 7/23/15, 09:18 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by AMWill
I appreciate that guys!

We are here to help our customers and do what we can, when we can to make sure you are all happy.

If anyone ever needs anything, you know exactly where to find me!

-Will
I bought an item that I knew I could not return. I did not ask to return it. You recognized it was not going to work for me and offered the return. That is WAY more than doing what you can. That is doing what you dont have to. Companies dont do that anymore.

Last edited by HMR-TYM; 7/23/15 at 10:03 PM.
Old 7/24/15, 08:51 AM
Former Vendor

Boss Man, they had it all turned around in less than four business hours and reached out to me by phone twice. A guy named Van took ownership from the Bama department. It will be Sat before I can make it all happen. I will update, but I feel good about it.
Awesome HMR!

I'm glad the Bama guys were able to get you squared away.

You're in good hands!

-Will
Old 7/24/15, 08:54 AM
Former Vendor

I bought an item that I knew I could not return. I did not ask to return it. You recognized it was not going to work for me and offered the return. That is WAY more than doing what you can. That is doing what you dont have to. Companies dont do that anymore.
I appreciate the kind words man.

I feel as if there is no better way to run a business, than to make sure our customers get the best service possible and therefore, I will always go above and beyond (within reason) to take care of my guys.

If you ever need anything, I'm just a PM away.

-Will
Old 7/28/15, 05:22 PM
V6 Member

Do you have the new V2 tunes? I too run 93 octane fuel and have the 91 octane tunes. But both my Perf and Race tunes have been flawless.
Old 7/31/15, 10:39 AM
GT Member

^^^^ I now have the new V2 tunes. I have not loaded them as the car has not been out from under cover. I plan to pull the insert on my CAI and upload the new tunes this weekend. I will update.