Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Warning - terrible experience with Tire Rack

Search this Thread

Old 5/11/12, 07:36 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by LagunaBeach
I get it that you double checked all the part numbers that Tire Rack gave you, but you had bad info from the start, correct?

Did you, or did you not check for the correct numbers directly from Eibach BEFORE you even ordered the kit?
---------------
Correct for your first question - bad info from the start (of course I did not know that at the time).
--
Correct for your second question - I did not triple-check directly from Eibach, I was not that thorough. Does not excuse Tire Rack, at all. But I guess it takes a colossal blunder like this for me to learn my lesson.
Old 5/11/12, 09:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shifterboy45
Tire Rack is great for tires, I have used them in the past and will use them again for tires ONLY! Every business wants to expand into new markets and if they do, they need to exercise due diligence when servicing customers. That means stocking correct parts and having a knowledgeable staff to accommodate customer that are less than savvy. I was concerned when they expanded their operations to supply suspension components at a good price due to large volume purchasing.
I've purchased brake components from tire rack as well as wheels and tires. But for the brake components other than stock replacement, I had to do my research. (I didn't want to pay for 2000 cobra R rotors again and believed 2003 cobra rotors to be the same dimensions. I eventually verified that and ordered the brembo rotors for the 2003 cobra and they worked just fine. exact same dimensions and considerably cheaper with brembo quality. Just missing a couple bells and whistles I really didn't need.
Old 5/13/12, 11:02 AM
Cobra R Member

U call and order something you should get the right stuff for your car, given one gives the right info.

Everyone's that getting on his case has no reason to do so. You'd be pissed too. He's nice enough to post a bad experience to prevent someone else from having the same headache. Take what you want from it and move on. I would venture to say most who have read this won't order suspension from TR now, so I'd say his post was a help to everyone.
Old 5/13/12, 12:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
I didn't read the whole thread, don't hate. Ford should have just put the old stuff back on untill you got all the right parts.
Old 5/13/12, 01:30 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 2012GTCS
U call and order something you should get the right stuff for your car, given one gives the right info.

Everyone's that getting on his case has no reason to do so. You'd be pissed too. He's nice enough to post a bad experience to prevent someone else from having the same headache. Take what you want from it and move on. I would venture to say most who have read this won't order suspension from TR now, so I'd say his post was a help to everyone.
I do not think anyone is on his case.. just not feedng into making it a big deal. I think most are just tryign to give him helpful info to help prevent this from happening again. Like I said.. never trust 3rd party companies.
Old 5/14/12, 08:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

I've never had any problems with Tire Rack. Having said that it sounds like they need to get their parts #'s corrected for the suspension products they offer.
Old 5/14/12, 09:14 AM

I've used Tire Rack several times for my domestics and imports...and have as several mentioned found them to be spot on for TIRES...even rims. But, in even buying brakes have found them to be less than reliable. for my Jag I purchased new brake pads all the way around...and new rotors for the rear, looking to replace non-vented (which warped when hot) to vented/drilled to improve the cooling. Even ordered according to the descriptions on their site vented and drilled rotors, plus front and rear pads...and received two sets or rear pads (from the same manufacturer) and drilled...but not vented rear rotors.

All part numbers matched the order...and the box for the rotors even showed a vented/drilled rotor...but that was not what was in the factory sealed box. they credited me the wrong pads (which I then bought locally) and were dumbfounded on the rotors.

I have now started buying parts from other parts suppliers that deal in parts...not tires.
Old 5/14/12, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by MonsterCat
All part numbers matched the order...and the box for the rotors even showed a vented/drilled rotor...but that was not what was in the factory sealed box. they credited me the wrong pads (which I then bought locally) and were dumbfounded on the rotors.

I have now started buying parts from other parts suppliers that deal in parts...not tires.
---------------
That is the exact point I am trying to warn others about.
Old 5/14/12, 06:57 PM
Cobra R Member

I buy tires from tire rack and I find they do that part rather well, I buy parts from parts suppliers most do that part well. Tire rack drop ships alot of the parts this causes alot of problems imho. Tire rack has the responsibilty of customer service period. they recieved the cash but didn't deliver has promised. It isn't on the OP imo. when I order a part I expect the right part and if it isn't right I expect the company to make good, and 99% have all in the name of good customer service because that is what it should be about.
Old 5/16/12, 01:33 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

any news?
Old 5/16/12, 03:02 PM

Tire Rack

This was our error. We had an error in our listing for your car. I'll make no excuse for the error other than claiming that we are human. All parts suppliers depend on listings to connect part numbers to the correct vehicle. While our representatives can help with the characteristics of the products we offer they don't have part numbers memorized. We depend on the information in our system to be correct, we have 9 team members who's sole responsibility is determining the correct listings and fitments. We don't make errors often but we should not have made this error and will look for better quality control for new vehicle listings. We don't expect customers to have to do their own, separate research for the products they need.

We should have found the correct replacements in time to get new products to you the next day. We wanted to ensure the replacement parts were correct so that you did not end up with another set of incorrect parts. We could have done so more quickly.

We were able to get the products to you with UPS's overnight Saturday delivery service.

I apologize for our errors on this and will discuss this with our team so we can avoid similar errors in the future.

Tim Joines | Director - Internet Business
__________________________________________________ ________
Tire Rack
7101 Vorden Parkway
South Bend, IN 46628
O: 800 428 8355 ext. 303
O: 574 287 2345 ext. 303
F: 413 480 5822
tjoines@tirerack.com
http://www.tirerack.com
Old 5/16/12, 03:22 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Tjoines
This was our error. We had an error in our listing for your car. I'll make no excuse for the error other than claiming that we are human. All parts suppliers depend on listings to connect part numbers to the correct vehicle. While our representatives can help with the characteristics of the products we offer they don't have part numbers memorized. We depend on the information in our system to be correct, we have 9 team members who's sole responsibility is determining the correct listings and fitments. We don't make errors often but we should not have made this error and will look for better quality control for new vehicle listings. We don't expect customers to have to do their own, separate research for the products they need.

We should have found the correct replacements in time to get new products to you the next day. We wanted to ensure the replacement parts were correct so that you did not end up with another set of incorrect parts. We could have done so more quickly.

We were able to get the products to you with UPS's overnight Saturday delivery service.

I apologize for our errors on this and will discuss this with our team so we can avoid similar errors in the future.

Tire Rack
7101 Vorden Parkway
South Bend, IN 46628
tjoines@tirerack.com
Well, that was a standup move, but I think he's more upset about the lose of his vehicle for the time it's going to take to replace everything, not including the charges for another install.
Old 5/16/12, 03:31 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
I think if you were to get the GT500 strut mounts it would solve your strut fitment issues and get you on the road with the parts you already have.
THIS! 2010-earlier strut mounts (preferrably GT500) and you should be good to go.
Old 5/16/12, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Tjoines

Tire Rack
7101 Vorden Parkway
South Bend, IN 46628
tjoines@tirerack.com
--------------
Sir - I only got the parts UPS Saturday delivery after threatening to have my attorney get involved. Your staff was trying to nickel-and-dime me for a 3-5 day delivery. I was without my vehicle for 5 days due to this. And I have been inconvenienced beyond reason. I still have not heard back from your 'Customer Service Supervisor' since Monday when I faxed her my DOUBLE install bill from Ford. Oh, and by the way, you left out the front bump-stops...I'm working with Eibach to remedy. Awful experience. And took WAY too long to fix, and with too much fight. You guys should have bent over backwards to make it right, and you did anything but. I will PM you, and feel free to take the discussion off-line to PM or direct contact, I don't want to further air more dirty laundry...would be bad for Tire Rack.
Old 5/16/12, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by SteedaGus
THIS! 2010-earlier strut mounts (preferrably GT500) and you should be good to go.
-----------
Dude...really? You come into this thread and post that? Read my MANY posts/replies. I checked specifially with Eibach for that. I was hoping GT500 or FRPP front-strut-mounts would be the fix. Wrong. The ENTIRE KIT is incorrect. Springs are different height with different rates. Dampers have different rates. Sway bars are different thickness with stronger mounts. Eibach insisted that I remove the entire kit and re-install with correct parts. Thanks anyways.
Old 5/16/12, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Flagstang
any news?
---
Adrian - I'll post a FULL update when all is said and done. So far, it's working out ok. Thanks!
Old 5/17/12, 12:34 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Originally Posted by PJRManagement
---
Adrian - I'll post a FULL update when all is said and done. So far, it's working out ok. Thanks!
Thats good news. Hope it turns out well. I would think the dealer could give the 2nd install for cost.

Steeda guys will not steer you wrong. This all could of been fixed by upper mounts it sounds like.
Old 5/17/12, 07:28 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Flagstang
Thats good news. Hope it turns out well. I would think the dealer could give the 2nd install for cost.

Steeda guys will not steer you wrong. This all could of been fixed by upper mounts it sounds like.
Go two post up to from your comment to his response to Steeda...
Old 5/17/12, 07:31 AM
Cobra Member

-----------
Dude...really? You come into this thread and post that? Read my MANY posts/replies. I checked specifially with Eibach for that. I was hoping GT500 or FRPP front-strut-mounts would be the fix. Wrong. The ENTIRE KIT is incorrect. Springs are different height with different rates. Dampers have different rates. Sway bars are different thickness with stronger mounts. Eibach insisted that I remove the entire kit and re-install with correct parts. Thanks anyways.
Dude, yeah really. I come into this thread trying to help, sorry I bothered to take time out of my extremely busy day to make a simple suggestion.
Old 5/17/12, 08:07 AM
FR500 Member

--------------
Sir - I only got the parts UPS Saturday delivery after threatening to have my attorney get involved. Your staff was trying to nickel-and-dime me for a 3-5 day delivery. I was without my vehicle for 5 days due to this. And I have been inconvenienced beyond reason. I still have not heard back from your 'Customer Service Supervisor' since Monday when I faxed her my DOUBLE install bill from Ford. Oh, and by the way, you left out the front bump-stops...I'm working with Eibach to remedy. Awful experience. And took WAY too long to fix, and with too much fight. You guys should have bent over backwards to make it right, and you did anything but. I will PM you, and feel free to take the discussion off-line to PM or direct contact, I don't want to further air more dirty laundry...would be bad for Tire Rack.
Youve spread enough dirty laundry about tire rack. I understand businesses need to expand by broadening their inventory, but they are known for rims and tires. There are plenty of established names on the marketl that wouldve taken care of you the first time around. Yes you were incomvenienced but not everyone isnperfect, even technology. Their system depends on codes and numbers in their system and people can make mistakes. They dont have to bend over backwards just because you lost your car for a few days. The dealer shouldve re-installed stock parts so you could still have your car for the time being.
Dont blame everythin on tire rack when it was also your dealerships fault for not re-installing stock parts so you could at least drive your car. Your dealerships nickel-and-diming to try amd charge you for a second install. And your fault for not going to another reputable source like Steeda, AM, CJ, or any other large company. Tire rack is new to the suspension business in comparison so why order from them this early? No disrespect to the Tire Rack business btw.

I understand trying them out for new parts but dont expect things to be perfect especially with their new inventory.

Just my .02

Quick Reply: Warning - terrible experience with Tire Rack