Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Trackey for manual 2014 GT's manufactured after 7/1/2013

Search this Thread

Old 4/4/14, 05:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
Well, I will find out in the next few weeks!
One thing I'm not a fan of when it comes to forums is the "they say" factor!
I'm going to my local drag strip to run the car stock and then after the tune, I will report back real world numbers.
Dyno numbers are great but I think true 1/4 mile time slips will tell more truth!
I don't plan on being a regular visitor to the 1/4 mi. I like auto cross and road course driving better, but the drag strip is a great way to tell what engine performance mods really do!
With in the next 4 weeks I will have some results for everyone!
Old 4/4/14, 07:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ElkGroveFordGuy
I'm going to my local drag strip to run the car stock and then after the tune, I will report back real world numbers.
Dyno numbers are great but I think true 1/4 mile time slips will tell more truth!
I don't plan on being a regular visitor to the 1/4 mi. I like auto cross and road course driving better, but the drag strip is a great way to tell what engine performance mods really do!
Were you able to purchase a track key? If so, where did you buy it?
Old 4/4/14, 09:21 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,088 Likes on 788 Posts
Originally Posted by ElkGroveFordGuy
I am eager to get the Track key update for mine, but hate to spend over $500 and not really get a performance gain. I am betting you see a difference. I am very interest in your results. Be very interest in your thoughts on this as well.
Old 4/5/14, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by pminri
Were you able to purchase a track key? If so, where did you buy it?
The track key is available now from the link in the beginning of this thread.
Old 4/6/14, 11:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
On the 1/4 mile, I would think the launch control feature of the Track Key tune will help on the times- even if there is no gain in HP. Since increasing the ability to get power to the ground is as meaningful (if not more so) than increasing HP, this would be a real benefit.

I've read that there will also be a Track Key available for all '13s and '14s built before 7/1/13 (mine was built 5/5/13). The difference will be the tune will be loaded with the ProCal and will not be tied to a key (you will have to load it and remove it). Apparently, the change that occurred around 7/1/13 was the ability of the PCM to store two tunes accessible by different keys.

I already have the ProCal tune, and am quite happy with it. If I want a more lopey idle, I'll probably invest in the Boss quad exhaust instead. If my car was built after 7/1, I'd probably go for the dedicated key option.
Old 4/7/14, 04:28 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I ordered my trackKey kit today from my dealer. Not actually available until April 26th though.
Old 4/7/14, 08:08 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ordered mine today as well.
Old 4/7/14, 08:56 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,088 Likes on 788 Posts
So are they all sticking around the $425 + labor charge?
Old 4/8/14, 05:16 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I'm getting mine at dealer cost plus install. My salesman is trying to get the install cost reduced as well seeing as i buy a lot of vehicles from them.
Old 4/12/14, 07:29 PM
GT Member

I paid the 425. Probably could have save a hundred or so waiting but wanted it quickly.
The fordracingpartsdirect folks told me the initial batch is sold out but I am in the cue.
If you can wait then I recommend waiting and saving a few dollars.
My dealer charges 80 dollars to install. The service manager and service writer are great. His parts guy did not have a clue so I did not trust ordering from the small local dealer.
Old 4/13/14, 12:41 PM
Banned

only thing I don't understand is why tuners haven't cracked the track key type stuff like launch control, etc.
Old 4/13/14, 02:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
only thing I don't understand is why tuners haven't cracked the track key type stuff like launch control, etc.
Working on it.

-Matt
Old 4/13/14, 03:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by zeroaviation
Working on it.

-Matt
sign me up.
Old 4/17/14, 05:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Varilux
On the 1/4 mile, I would think the launch control feature of the Track Key tune will help on the times- even if there is no gain in HP. Since increasing the ability to get power to the ground is as meaningful (if not more so) than increasing HP, this would be a real benefit.

I've read that there will also be a Track Key available for all '13s and '14s built before 7/1/13 (mine was built 5/5/13). The difference will be the tune will be loaded with the ProCal and will not be tied to a key (you will have to load it and remove it). Apparently, the change that occurred around 7/1/13 was the ability of the PCM to store two tunes accessible by different keys.

I already have the ProCal tune, and am quite happy with it. If I want a more lopey idle, I'll probably invest in the Boss quad exhaust instead. If my car was built after 7/1, I'd probably go for the dedicated key option.
I also have the Procal tune and am happy with it but having launch control would be nice.
Old 4/29/14, 02:41 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Track Key kit to ship on 5/1/2014 to my dealer.
Old 4/30/14, 06:26 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB
Thanks for the update. Hope this is a good sign.
Old 5/3/14, 02:59 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I'm holding out for someone to crack all the Track Key stuff along with being able to tune the PCM for more performance. All the Track Key stuff is cool but not $600 cool for us guys that have to use the ProCal.
Old 5/5/14, 06:30 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB
Spoke with Ford Racing Parts tech line today. They said not shipping yet but very soon as in days not weeks. Hope that is true. My second track day of this season is Friday so one more date I wish I had the key for.
Old 5/5/14, 09:23 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by todcp
Spoke with Ford Racing Parts tech line today. They said not shipping yet but very soon as in days not weeks. Hope that is true. My second track day of this season is Friday so one more date I wish I had the key for.
i contacted my parts guy today and he said it should ship on Wednesday of this week.
Old 5/6/14, 07:49 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
The Track Key includes a total reprogram of the PCM ... not the bits and pieces a Tuner has access to for adjusting fueling and timing. Some of the Tuners offer "Launch Control" .. but all it does is lower the Neutral Rev Limiter .. and sounds like crap and can't be good for your engine.

If you watch the videos of Boss 302 with Launch Control ... It actually HOLDS a nice steady RPM when activated .. its not a Bouncing OFF the REV Limiter launch control the aftermarket guys offer.

Quick Reply: Trackey for manual 2014 GT's manufactured after 7/1/2013