Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Switched to the Steeda CAI from the JLT!

Search this Thread

Old 10/31/12, 05:07 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks good, and I love the chin spoiler. Now just get rid of that sound tube
Old 11/1/12, 07:02 AM
Bullitt Member

lol i may delete it eventually.
Old 11/1/12, 08:00 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2011 GT
I just upgraded to the new 101mm MAF Steeda CAI today, and the car feels even more awake than before... Now I'm curious what the difference in the dyno numbers will be!
Any change in throttle performance? I want to lower the lag but dont want to tune yet.
Old 11/1/12, 01:09 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Jeff and others, pardon my dumb questions forthcoming...

But doesn't Steeda make a tune that goes with their CAI? So..... why wouldn't a person use the Steeda tune to go with the Steeda CAI? I would think with the two being designed by the same company, they would go hand in hand, and see the most gains and cause no issues.

What am I missing? Is Bama a better tune than Steeda?

Either way, Steeda CAI physically, looks great on your car!
Old 11/1/12, 01:15 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FromZto5

But doesn't Steeda make a tune that goes with their CAI? So..... why wouldn't a person use the Steeda tune to go with the Steeda CAI? I would think with the two being designed by the same company, they would go hand in hand, and see the most gains and cause no issues.

Yes, we do offer a tune for our CAI.

Bama does put out quality tunes, I don't think you can go wrong either way. Let me know if I can help you with a Steeda CAI/tune.
Old 11/1/12, 02:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by wheelman
Any change in throttle performance? I want to lower the lag but dont want to tune yet.
Jason, the only way to get rid of that lag you speak of is with a tune. No CAI will do it.
Old 11/1/12, 03:27 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
Jason, the only way to get rid of that lag you speak of is with a tune. No CAI will do it.
I totally misread his post, thought he was talking TB, duh, lol, but thanks

Last edited by wheelman; 11/1/12 at 03:28 PM.
Old 11/1/12, 06:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Not a dumb question at all. Both companies make great tunes. I personally like Bama because they offer 3 tunes for $150, free updates for life even if you purchase parts elsewhere, and cyl #8 warranty. A lot of things other companies don't offer. And I've always had EXCELLENT customer service with them. And they've tuned more cars that pretty much any other tuner out there for mustangs.

Originally Posted by SteedaBrandon
Yes, we do offer a tune for our CAI.

Bama does put out quality tunes, I don't think you can go wrong either way. Let me know if I can help you with a Steeda CAI/tune.
Exactly.
Old 11/2/12, 04:39 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by RCE EATR

Not a dumb question at all. Both companies make great tunes. I personally like Bama because they offer 3 tunes for $150, free updates for life even if you purchase parts elsewhere, and cyl #8 warranty. A lot of things other companies don't offer. And I've always had EXCELLENT customer service with them. And they've tuned more cars that pretty much any other tuner out there for mustangs.

Exactly.
So steeda has no or does not offers warranty for their tune? What type of warranty do they offer if any?
Old 11/2/12, 05:41 AM
Bullitt Member

So steeda has no or does not offers warranty for their tune? What type of warranty do they offer if any?
The only company that offers any kind of warranty for their tune that i'm aware of is bama.
Old 11/2/12, 11:06 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Our warranty program is basically us standing behind the product. If a customer has an issue then we would work with them to resolve it. We have built our reputation on the fact that we don't cause issues to begin with. Our tunes have a very comfortable safety factor in them for that reason, so we don’t have to have customers worrying that they will need to be in some warranty program because we are pushing the limits. With that said, if on the off chance an issue does come up, we would cooperate with the customer to determine the cause and if found to be an issue caused by us we would of course stand behind it.

Keep in mind if an engine does fail, it's certainly not an overnight process. Everything from what tune was in the car, fuel grade testing, engine teardown and inspection, and more, a lot of things would have to take place if such a thing occurred and no one wants to go through that, it is an unpleasant process for everyone, so we have done our best to make sure that the chances of that happening with our setup are as low as they could possibly be. So our customers don't have to worry about such things.
Old 11/11/12, 02:12 PM
Bullitt Member

It looks like the Steeda is sealed from engine heat alot better.
Old 11/11/12, 03:03 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by SteedaBrandon
Our warranty program is basically us standing behind the product. If a customer has an issue then we would work with them to resolve it. We have built our reputation on the fact that we don't cause issues to begin with. Our tunes have a very comfortable safety factor in them for that reason, so we don’t have to have customers worrying that they will need to be in some warranty program because we are pushing the limits. With that said, if on the off chance an issue does come up, we would cooperate with the customer to determine the cause and if found to be an issue caused by us we would of course stand behind it.

Keep in mind if an engine does fail, it's certainly not an overnight process. Everything from what tune was in the car, fuel grade testing, engine teardown and inspection, and more, a lot of things would have to take place if such a thing occurred and no one wants to go through that, it is an unpleasant process for everyone, so we have done our best to make sure that the chances of that happening with our setup are as low as they could possibly be. So our customers don't have to worry about such things.
As I recalling Steeda is one of the only companies to not have a motor fail because of a tune.
Old 11/11/12, 05:15 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
To date ... we have had 0 engine failures when our CAI/Tune has been installed on a customer's car.

We feel that our track record and expert knowledge when it comes to tuning is our "warranty".

Like Brandon said above ... we stand behind our products, test them to the limits so that we know how far we can take them.

Try for yourself the Steeda difference!.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 12/24/12, 06:58 AM
Bullitt Member

I just bought Steeda'a CAI and looks the best I think and also I went with there 93 tune, no regrets...
Old 12/24/12, 09:09 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Old 12/24/12, 09:16 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Old 12/24/12, 10:50 AM

I have more faith in the engineers from Ford, the factory CAI, is more than adequate for me, and I dont really care for the cheap look of the aftermarket CAI's. I have a 93 octane tune, and this is where I saw the biggest gain from, when I took the car to track. See what the Ford engineer says at the 4:40 mark on this video
Old 12/25/12, 02:00 PM
Banned

Did you have any surge issues with your JLT? I did, couldn't fix it. Eventually went back to stock for now.
Old 12/28/12, 11:33 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by DeepImpactPony
I have more faith in the engineers from Ford, the factory CAI, is more than adequate for me, and I dont really care for the cheap look of the aftermarket CAI's. I have a 93 octane tune, and this is where I saw the biggest gain from, when I took the car to track. See what the Ford engineer says at the 4:40 mark on this video
What would you expect a Ford engineer to say in his position? If he was to openly endorse the aftermarket, it would make Ford look like they did not do their engineering right and were lacking in delivering a quality/performance vehicle - in other words, that they left something on the table. I would fully expect that EVERY Ford engineer and marketing employee would say that very same thing, otherwise they would come under increased scrutiny and be criticized by their management. They have to support their own brand…Any Ford engineer is obviously going to support his work under his position.

To put it in perspective….what if you worked for company “A” and openly stated to the press that company “B” has a equivalent product that is a much better value than company“A” for specific reasons ….….surely there would be some management intervention to dispel those thoughts as you should never "bite the hand that feeds you!”.

Here is another good example. You think Steve Ballmer from Microsoft is ever going to say anything good about Apple products when asked? No way, and search for some videos of him on Youtube and you will find he 100% sings the praises of Microsoft, and that is what you would expect him to do. Do not expect a Mustang engineer to be any different about his brand.

Ford engineers are restricted by overly protective Ford Motor Company guidelines that do not allow them the engineering freedom that we have in the aftermarket. Ford fully knows what the aftermarket is capable of. It just would not look good for Ford if they openly and enthusiastically promoted the aftermarket over OEM equipment. Note that Ford does support SEMA and the aftermarket - that is why they invest millions in their show efforts and also they fully support the Technology Sharing Initiative with the aftermarket. If they did not believe in the aftermarket they would not take these actions behind the scenes, but don't expect them to publicly endorse anything that is not their own in house product.

Quick Reply: Switched to the Steeda CAI from the JLT!