5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Suspension kit

Search this Thread

Old 7/17/12, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suspension kit

I am looking at getting a lowered suspension kit for my 2011 GT. How low is too low if I want to get a Cervinis side exhaust down the road? I was looking at one of the Eibach kits on American Muscle.
Old 7/17/12, 01:36 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by TexasStang82
I am looking at getting a lowered suspension kit for my 2011 GT. How low is too low if I want to get a Cervinis side exhaust down the road? I was looking at one of the Eibach kits on American Muscle.
TexasStang82,

Great Choice! Suspension in my opinion is the most important modification for your stang. You'll get a more aggressive stance, better handling & reduce wheel hop ect...

I don't think that any of our kits will effect the ability to run a side exhaust. Eibach/H&R are going to be your lowest set ups, the Eibachs will set you down 1.4/1.5in' & The H&R springs will lower your stang 1.7/2.4.

Both of these suspension kits will be a progressive spring rate. Springs will lower your Mustangs center of gravity, to reduce squat during acceleration, body roll in the corners, and excessive nose-dive under hard braking. Sport Springs feature more control then the stock factory springs, but are still comfortable enough for daily driving and occasional track use.

Best of luck on your decision, I think you'll be very happy with the Eibach kit & will keep the ability to run a side exit exhaust system.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance!

- Dan

Last edited by AMDanBailer; 7/17/12 at 01:39 PM.
Old 7/17/12, 01:40 PM

Thanks, Dan. That's what I needed to hear.
Old 7/18/12, 08:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Texas, those are pretty low. Glad I didn't go more than a 1" drop. You may want to read my thread in the suspension mods section, as my drop resulted in issues I had to address by spending more $.

In there is also a link that describes no benefit handling wise in using the Ford Racing 'K' springs with 1.5" drop over their 'P' springs which are 1". Note, Eibach makes the springs and sways in the FR kit.

I've also read of a number of guys who, after installing these K springs, regretted the additional harshness to their ride that additional half inch added.

Last edited by dafreeze; 7/18/12 at 08:46 PM.
Old 7/25/12, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by dafreeze
Texas, those are pretty low. Glad I didn't go more than a 1" drop. You may want to read my thread in the suspension mods section, as my drop resulted in issues I had to address by spending more $.

In there is also a link that describes no benefit handling wise in using the Ford Racing 'K' springs with 1.5" drop over their 'P' springs which are 1". Note, Eibach makes the springs and sways in the FR kit.

I've also read of a number of guys who, after installing these K springs, regretted the additional harshness to their ride that additional half inch added.
Dafreeze, thanks for the advice. I don't want to go much more than an inch lower. If I went with a full suspension kit, will I have trouble with the stock strut mounts? Should I definitely get CC plates to go along with the setup?