Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Steeda Clutch Assist Spring Install?

Search this Thread

Old 1/20/18, 06:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SilrBult
Just in case anyone is interested I got my replacement spring perch and spring a couple of days ago. I haven't had a chance to remove my old assembly and replace it yet due to crappy weather. It is immediately obvious that the Steeda replacement perch is significantly stronger than the original factory piece. The central pin or stem on the top perch is at least twice the diameter of the factory piece. The pin or stem is what broke on my original when I removed it to replace the factory spring with the Steeda spring. I think this is what broke for most people when they tried to remove the factory spring as well. I was lucky enough to be able to glue my original one back together [ Gorilla brand super glue is pretty good stuff ], but I've always been a little concerned about it so being able to have a new and stronger perch is good for my piece of mind. I have heat available in my garage, but I'am not in a great hurry so I'll wait for a warm up before changing it.
I totally agree! Got mine today. The stem is alot stronger and it looks factory style. Ford should have built it that way. I am very pleased with it.

Just to let you know: i´ve been driving my car for 5000 miles without any stem, i just put the steeda spring in between the two single retainers and it worked so far.
So don´t worry about your glue´ed one. There seems to be very low tension added to it when it´s in motion.

Greetings from Germany. (sorry for my english )

Burt
Old 1/20/18, 07:17 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by fireburt
I totally agree! Got mine today. The stem is alot stronger and it looks factory style. Ford should have built it that way. I am very pleased with it.

Just to let you know: i´ve been driving my car for 5000 miles without any stem, i just put the steeda spring in between the two single retainers and it worked so far.
So don´t worry about your glue´ed one. There seems to be very low tension added to it when it´s in motion.

Greetings from Germany. (sorry for my english )

Burt
Thank you, Burt - appreciate the feedback!

TJ