Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Sport mode

Search this Thread

Old 1/26/11, 12:51 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Steve, how are you liking the P spring and D-Spec combo? Seems like everyone favors the Koni Sports whever you look... curious as to why you decided to go with the Tokicos.
Old 1/26/11, 12:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang
Hey Steve, how are you liking the P spring and D-Spec combo? Seems like everyone favors the Koni Sports whever you look... curious as to why you decided to go with the Tokicos.
Hey Steve!

I like them a lot actually. Took a little experimenting to get them dialed in perfectly, but that's part of the fun. I went with them because the Initial spring rate on the P's is a bit soft and wanted to be able to add a bit of ramped compression damping which these do, though the rebound is the primary adjustment. Found the sweet spot at 3.25 turns from hard on the front and 4.25 turns on the rear. Great ride and control at those numbers.
Old 1/26/11, 01:02 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Modshack
Hey Steve!

I like them a lot actually. Took a little experimenting to get them dialed in perfectly, but that's part of the fun. I went with them because the Initial spring rate on the P's is a bit soft and wanted to be able to add a bit of ramped compression damping which these do, though the rebound is the primary adjustment. Found the sweet spot at 3.25 turns from hard on the front and 4.25 turns on the rear. Great ride and control at those numbers.
Very nice. I am going with Steeda Sport springs and am currently debating between the Koni Sports and D-Specs. Need to have them on the car before ZDayZ.
Old 1/26/11, 01:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang
Very nice. I am going with Steeda Sport springs and am currently debating between the Koni Sports and D-Specs. Need to have them on the car before ZDayZ.
I saved a few Hundred $$ going with the D-specs. May prove to be foolish down the road, but I rarely keep cars long (as you know) and these work well for what I was trying to achieve.. Might be a few 5.0's at Z-Days!....
Old 1/26/11, 06:13 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Modshack
I saved a few Hundred $$ going with the D-specs. May prove to be foolish down the road, but I rarely keep cars long (as you know) and these work well for what I was trying to achieve.. Might be a few 5.0's at Z-Days!....
Very cool! The NOVA group is heading down on Wednesday. Gonna be a lot of fun driving!

I'll probably be keeping the car longer than I kept my Z (19 months) so maybe I'll just spend the extra bucks and get the Koni Sports. But they're on back order until sometime in March, so I guess I'll have to discuss it with Sam around then and make a decision.