Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Spend MY money

Search this Thread

Old 4/18/14, 06:32 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the last 20 months on K-Springs, I've bottomed out once. It was on an insane incline in Pittsburgh, it was also gouged to hell by other cars bottoming out on it.

as long as your tires are over 27" you should have no issue. the only people that might would be people on Brembos, as they have the shortest of the OEM tires
Old 4/20/14, 01:43 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
130 for the BMR PHB That would fit within the 2k budget.

GT500's will work as well and give the OP more playing room for other modifications. I personally would go with a tune and tuner, its difficult for a dealer to void your warranty on a tune alone. This will be the biggest difference in your car... other than suspension. We at Hypermotive also custom tune cars as well. Everyone thus far has been impressed when they've changed from their old tunes to ours, we have a very experienced tuner as well
Old 4/20/14, 04:52 AM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
If ypu really want someone to do as the title ill gladly spend it for you got a nice list of stuff i need to do to my car
Old 4/20/14, 09:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ordering a Track Key on Tuesday!

I know, I know! Jay from Hypermotive, as well as TJ from Steeda, and probably Zto5 will all suggest I go for a tune instead of the Track Key.

And maybe they're right? (No offence meant guys! You just know you're stuff)

Right now, the only benefit I see to the track key for me, is the loopy idle. Since I don't track the **** thing.
I will be pairing it with the GT500's and the Boss Quad exhaust hopefully Tuesday as well. (Payday!)

I have exhausted the threads on this forum, and poured through all of the info about tunes.

No real fear of something going wrong with a tune, so not sure why I won't just "pony" uo the cash and go for one. I like the idea of the separate keys for the track key, but it offers no real gains.

The other tunes, and even the Procal offer at least some performance gains. All I'd really be looking for out of that, if I did get a tune, would be more torque. I want even MORE "throw-me-back-into-my-seat" torque.
So, this is the route for now.

I don't believe there are many, or ANY reputable mustang tuning shops in my area, but I could be very wrong on that.
Old 4/20/14, 09:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by Moejoe_989
Ordering a Track Key on Tuesday!

I know, I know! Jay from Hypermotive, as well as TJ from Steeda, and probably Zto5 will all suggest I go for a tune instead of the Track Key.

And maybe they're right? (No offence meant guys! You just know you're stuff)

Right now, the only benefit I see to the track key for me, is the loopy idle. Since I don't track the **** thing.
I will be pairing it with the GT500's and the Boss Quad exhaust hopefully Tuesday as well. (Payday!)

I have exhausted the threads on this forum, and poured through all of the info about tunes.

No real fear of something going wrong with a tune, so not sure why I won't just "pony" uo the cash and go for one. I like the idea of the separate keys for the track key, but it offers no real gains.

The other tunes, and even the Procal offer at least some performance gains. All I'd really be looking for out of that, if I did get a tune, would be more torque. I want even MORE "throw-me-back-into-my-seat" torque.
So, this is the route for now.

I don't believe there are many, or ANY reputable mustang tuning shops in my area, but I could be very wrong on that.
I wish some one would do a before and after dyno pull with the track key!
Old 4/20/14, 09:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ElkGroveFordGuy
I wish some one would do a before and after dyno pull with the track key!
I agree!
I'm aware there isn't much of a HP or TQ benefit.
And I don't track, so is the track key really just an expensive sound mod? I'd say... Yes. Yes it is.
Could be wrong though.
Old 4/21/14, 04:24 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Ordering a Track Key on Tuesday! I know, I know! Jay from Hypermotive, as well as TJ from Steeda, and probably Zto5 will all suggest I go for a tune instead of the Track Key. And maybe they're right? (No offence meant guys! You just know you're stuff) Right now, the only benefit I see to the track key for me, is the loopy idle. Since I don't track the **** thing. I will be pairing it with the GT500's and the Boss Quad exhaust hopefully Tuesday as well. (Payday!) I have exhausted the threads on this forum, and poured through all of the info about tunes. No real fear of something going wrong with a tune, so not sure why I won't just "pony" uo the cash and go for one. I like the idea of the separate keys for the track key, but it offers no real gains. The other tunes, and even the Procal offer at least some performance gains. All I'd really be looking for out of that, if I did get a tune, would be more torque. I want even MORE "throw-me-back-into-my-seat" torque. So, this is the route for now. I don't believe there are many, or ANY reputable mustang tuning shops in my area, but I could be very wrong on that.
Lol I never suggested a tune . Nor would I. I gave a list of my suggestions a few posts back. But either way, your car and you can do what you've any with it. Life's too short, get what makes you happy!
Old 4/23/14, 01:31 AM
GT Member

I'm still leaning towards the GT500's for now. I can always make them louder if needed,
As for lowering springs I was contemplating an air ride suspension similar to the MMD white project car; but maybe some lowering springs will be what the doctor ordered. I just hate the thought of lowering the car for some better handling (probably that I'll never push to it's limitations) and more aggressive stance, and I'll bottom out. I know obviously with a great set-up I won't have to worry about bottoming out.
I'm planning on doing that exact same exhaust set up on mine. I did sr lowering springs on mine, they're just as good as ford racing for half the price, especially if you can find them used. On mine for the looks side, I just got a 3" cowl hood, gt500 front bumper, and gt500 wing. I love the appearance. Took it to the meet and before I even parked someone walked up and said "dude that just looks MEAN" . as for warranty, I said forget it and tuned with a steeda intake, gained 44 hp at the tire with just that and a muffler delete ab. I personally plan on getting the Barton industries short shifter and bracket but I want the shortest throw possible. I would definitely do the clutch line, it'll help with the clutch pedal getting stuck down under load
Old 4/23/14, 08:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by onequickstang
I'm planning on doing that exact same exhaust set up on mine. I did sr lowering springs on mine, they're just as good as ford racing for half the price, especially if you can find them used. On mine for the looks side, I just got a 3" cowl hood, gt500 front bumper, and gt500 wing. I love the appearance. Took it to the meet and before I even parked someone walked up and said "dude that just looks MEAN" . as for warranty, I said forget it and tuned with a steeda intake, gained 44 hp at the tire with just that and a muffler delete ab. I personally plan on getting the Barton industries short shifter and bracket but I want the shortest throw possible. I would definitely do the clutch line, it'll help with the clutch pedal getting stuck down under load

That's exactly the kind of motivation and speaking from experience that I wanted to hear!
I'll let you know how the exhaust sounds when I get it finished.
Old 4/25/14, 12:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Just ordered a few mods that were on the list:
The Ford power pack which includes the K&N filter, the GT500 axle backs, and a handheld tuner with a voucher for Procal.
It's not the ideal tune that I wanted, but I can step it up in 6 months if need be.

Also ordered a shift boot retainer and modern black billet grille.

Next month: MGW short throw shifter, stainless steel upgraded clutch line, Boss side exhaust. Hood struts.

Month of June/July: Handling - springs and dampers/shocks and struts?

Month of August: upgraded Boss low expansion brake lines, better (Hawk?) brake pads, bigger radiator, Boss upgraded oil cooling system.
Old 4/25/14, 05:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just ordered a few mods that were on the list: The Ford power pack which includes the K&N filter, the GT500 axle backs, and a handheld tuner with a voucher for Procal. It's not the ideal tune that I wanted, but I can step it up in 6 months if need be. Also ordered a shift boot retainer and modern black billet grille. Next month: MGW short throw shifter, stainless steel upgraded clutch line, Boss side exhaust. Hood struts. Month of June/July: Handling - springs and dampers/shocks and struts? Month of August: upgraded Boss low expansion brake lines, better (Hawk?) brake pads, bigger radiator, Boss upgraded oil cooling system.
Moejoe, this is one of the better build plans I've seen. I like the focus on parts that make the car just work better. Have u considered changing the clutch and brake lines at the same time? Since clutch and brakes run off the same system, this may give you a rare opportunity to get the most possible old fluid out of the system allowing for higher concentrations of new fluid. I plan on doing these mods as well and would like to know if there is a real benefit doing them at the same time. Thoughts?
Old 4/25/14, 05:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Uncle Jonfrey
Moejoe, this is one of the better build plans I've seen. I like the focus on parts that make the car just work better. Have u considered changing the clutch and brake lines at the same time? Since clutch and brakes run off the same system, this may give you a rare opportunity to get the most possible old fluid out of the system allowing for higher concentrations of new fluid. I plan on doing these mods as well and would like to know if there is a real benefit doing them at the same time. Thoughts?
I have considered changing the brake lines and the clutch lines at the same time.
Trying to research each one and see what can be done on my own, and what can NEEDS to be done at a shop or by a professional.
I have no problems changing my clutch line, but I'd rather have a professional do it in 1 hour, instead of it taking me 5-6 hours.

My aim is to do functional upgrades. When I look at the car, it its stock form it's already so much for me. I'm looking at improving what is possible to improve and leave it at that.

So yes, stainless steel clutch line, low expansion brake lines, and hawk pads.
Was thinking about a 'big brake kit', but why spend the cash right now, when the above suggestions will probably provide the most benefit.

I've seen some OEM Boss 302 equipment from American Muscle on sale that might be good upgrades; such as their engine oil cooling kit.
Bigger radiator.

I'm trying to put myself in a position where if I drive the car hard, what could fail or give me trouble, and then fix that!

I have ZERO experience with suspension, both working on it and driving it. I've only ever driven in big work pickup trucks, and Chevy cavilers and honda civics, so I don't know a fantastic suspension from a good one.

The only thing I notice with the mustang is the nose dive when I'm hard in the brakes, and how the car shifts to the rear when I punch it in 3rd.

I'd like to get rid of that with a lower and more aggressive look.

I can't wait to try the Procal tune!
Part of me wants "more"; bigger, badder and more aggressive tune, but maybe I'll mature into that. Like I said earlier, my car in stock form is already plenty enough badass for me; it'll outperform anything in it's price range in a straight line, and that speaks volumes.
Old 4/28/14, 01:19 PM
GT Member

I have ZERO experience with suspension, both working on it and driving it. I've only ever driven in big work pickup trucks, and Chevy cavilers and honda civics, so I don't know a fantastic suspension from a good one.

The only thing I notice with the mustang is the nose dive when I'm hard in the brakes, and how the car shifts to the rear when I punch it in 3rd.

I'd like to get rid of that with a lower and more aggressive look.
I had some suspension upgrades installed on Good Friday & what a world of difference they made. The handling is pin point sharp & accurate, as well as the vehicle being slightly lower & more aggressive in appearance. The severe nose dive is also a thing of the past. I went with Koni Sports (yellows) & Steeda Sport Springs all the way around. I also went with Steed HD Strut Mounts. The adjustability of the shocks, struts & strut mounts add so much flexibility to however you choose to use your car.
Old 4/29/14, 04:56 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by The Sheriff
I had some suspension upgrades installed on Good Friday & what a world of difference they made. The handling is pin point sharp & accurate, as well as the vehicle being slightly lower & more aggressive in appearance. The severe nose dive is also a thing of the past. I went with Koni Sports (yellows) & Steeda Sport Springs all the way around. I also went with Steed HD Strut Mounts. The adjustability of the shocks, struts & strut mounts add so much flexibility to however you choose to use your car.
This is what I plan to do this week. Parts arriving today.

Did you have the parts installed by a shop or yourself? In still debating ....
Old 4/30/14, 09:48 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
This is what I plan to do this week. Parts arriving today.

Did you have the parts installed by a shop or yourself? In still debating ....
I had the best local suspension shop (Dias Spring Service, Erie, Pa.) that I could find do the install. Luckily they have a speed junkie working there, who was as excited as I was about the set up. When I dropped my car & parts off for the install I left a note with some guidelines. The guy that took my keys looked them over & was very concerned with my strut mount spec of -1.0. He asked if I was going to track the car? He was worried about excessive tire wear, then admitted that the car would handle great! I said that I'd take the handling over the tire wear. It truely is amazing how big an improvement this set up made in the car.